• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things that I think will help is that the roster is starting to be filled with guys who will be Lakers for a few years to come or would like to be.

The past couple of seasons has been about guys who were just trying to stay in the league. Many had their own agendas. Now, we are seeing more emphasis on guys like Russell, Clarkson, Randle and the guys who have been picked up in free agency who have been signed for a few years. Then, you have a guy like Hibbert, who is looking to re-claim his career and seems motivated and appreciative that the Lakers are giving him the opportunity.

Having guys who know they will be teammates for awhile, should help them continue to build chemistry and result in a better team that can be attractive to a top FA or 2 that they need to put them back to contender status.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see a roster for this season looking like this

Starters:
Russell
Clarkson
Kobe
Randle
Hibbert

Second Unit:
Huertas
Williams
Young
Bass
Black

3rd Unit:
Anthony Brown
Nance Jr
Upshaw
Jabari Brown
Kelly

I would send Frazier to the D league and cut Sacre, MWP, and Holmes

I was going to put together my anticipated roster this morning and it looks like yours. I thought earlier that Kelly was going to get cut, but he's actually played pretty good these last couple of games. I think the Holmes injury secures that spot for Kelly. Of the 15, I don't see who can be dropped in order to keep MWP. Frazier hasn't shown much so Jabari "head down" Brown should get that last guard spot. Upshaw certainly has more potential than Sacre.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Spears just reported that the Lakers waived Michael Frazier and Robert Upshaw. I thought Upshaw, at least according to people on here, was impressive?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Spears just reported that the Lakers waived Michael Frazier and Robert Upshaw. I thought Upshaw, at least according to people on here, was impressive?
They are probably going to the D league then. Upshaw was good just needs to gain some experience and some weight. Fraizer can shoot. i like the upside of both

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers Waive Frazier II and Upshaw

Lakers Waive Frazier II and Upshaw

Posted: Oct 20, 2015
EL SEGUNDO – The Los Angeles Lakers have waived guard Michael Frazier II and center Robert Upshaw, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

Frazier II, an undrafted rookie from Florida, was originally signed by the Lakers on August 25. He appeared in four preseason games for Los Angeles, averaging 2.0 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 0.8 assists in 13.5 minutes per game.

Upshaw saw action in four of the Lakers’ seven preseason contests, averaging 2.5 points, 3.0 rebounds, and 0.75 blocks in 14.1 minutes per game. The undrafted rookie out of Washington was originally signed on September 14.

The Lakers roster (attached) now stands at 17.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are probably going to the D league then. Upshaw was good just needs to gain some experience and some weight. Fraizer can shoot. i like the upside of both

They probably will, but waiving Upshaw allows for other teams to poach. This move was financial in keeping a guaranteed contract. Frazier played on the Warriors summer league team, and I wasn't that impressed. Maybe he got all the bricks out of his system because I've heard he was a great shooter.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised they cut Upshaw. The Sacre era lives on. Not surprised they cut Frazier.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't know how you cut upshaw but keep sacre

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect upshaw to get picked up rather quickly. Lakers have habit of camp players playing well getting cut and playing elsewhere. Gerald green few years ago. Not all star but starting caliber player. Now upshaw. Maybe this is Jim buss decisions

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never knew this but apparently the Lakers worked out Hassan whiteside before he signed with Miami. Questionable talent evaluation in LA

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frazier isn't an NBA player. Upshaw is borderline but I think most LA fans keeping thinking about what he could be in a perfect scenario rather than what he actually is right now; a player that is very very raw with character flaws. Considering he went a long time postdraft without being signed, I doubt too many teams are jumping to get at him. So its not surprising to see him cut. LA can use the spot on a guy they know can be a player and see if Upshaw gets it together playing the D-League. And its not like they can't sign him later.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never knew this but apparently the Lakers worked out Hassan whiteside before he signed with Miami. Questionable talent evaluation in LA

That sure turned out to be one of the turds the FO laid. We had Whiteside and let him go. Not good.:L

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we somehow retain Upshaw. I expected the Frazier cut but not Upshaw. Perhaps he'll land in the D-league before another team grabs him. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Miami again or even New York. Riley and Phil have a way of keeping an eye on what the Lakers are doing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't know how you cut upshaw but keep sacre

One word......stability. Sacre has become a serviceable backup center who provides tremendous effort and stays within himself. Upshaw's has more upside, but right now, Sacre is the better NBA player. From what I read this morning, the Lakers are hoping Upshaw clears waivers so that he can sign with the D-fenders and the Lakers can keep an eye on his development.

It's a bit of a risk, especially if someone else picks him up and he actually develops into something, but even that wouldn't be for another 2-3 years most likely.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you are going to question the talent evaluation in L.A. over them not signing Whiteside, then you need to question the talent evaluation of every team in the NBA, including Miami.

Every team had a shot at him and several worked him out. The only reason Miami signed him was because they were desperate for a big. They took a flyer on him and it paid off (so far). It happens sometimes. The vast majority of the time though, it doesn't.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One word......stability. Sacre has become a serviceable backup center who provides tremendous effort and stays within himself. Upshaw's has more upside, but right now, Sacre is the better NBA player. From what I read this morning, the Lakers are hoping Upshaw clears waivers so that he can sign with the D-fenders and the Lakers can keep an eye on his development.

It's a bit of a risk, especially if someone else picks him up and he actually develops into something, but even that wouldn't be for another 2-3 years most likely.

Yep TJF12. I read the same critique of Scott explaining why they cut Upshaw and kept Sacre and their hope Upshaw clears waivers along with Frazier. If and when that occurs, then Lakers will sign both to the D-league as stated by Scott.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the reason Ryan Kelly has been sucky over the last couple of years may be attributed to two things. He has been injured a lot and he has been playing out of position for the better part of his career with the Lakers. B. Scott has stated that Kelly will probably not play at the three anymore and by implication be a way better player at his natural four spot. I like the tune of this but the results remained to be witnessed. Here's the link.

Here's why Ryan Kelly isn't going to play small forward anymore