• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about that during the last game. Saying that he has only played 41 games since the Achilles injury and that it's going to take some time for him to get his legs back.
The only way he gets his legs back is a time machine.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I agree Tomodach. What Kobe stated gave a pretty flimsy strategy to being a mentor. Kobe's strategy is weak because the perceived effects he thinks is occurring are not leading to any demonstrative results on the court. At least not right now. The article gave the impression more of a narcissist than a successful mentor.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is mentoring the youth. For instance, he and Russell studied film together for an hour prior to the Nets game. You see him on the bench giving pointers and such to the youth. The youth has said numerous times that they are learning from Kobe. When he steps on the court though it appears he's going to keep firing away.

I disagree with the Kobe never made the players around him better narrative. Like Jordan, their mere presence on the court and the attention they commanded from defenses helped the other players. Pau was never considered an elite big man in Memphis. He turned into one playing alongside Kobe. There's no doubt Kobe was a part of that evolution. As a "ball hogging" shooting guard, he has a career average of 4.8 APG. Number 28 on the career assist total list.

Magic and Jordan got others involved in the game. When they have an off shooting night, they contribute in other ways. To me.. Kobe rarely did this. He just kept shooting. He was a clutch shooter for sure, but he also resorts to hero ball too many times for me in the last 4 years. I was hoping he would be a facilitator drawing the double team and passing more. He seems to think " I still got it" and my shot will eventually fall. He is too stubborn for this young team. Byron needs to stop being his friend and coach this team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Tomodach. That part of Scott's coaching repertoire is not good for this team's long-term development. Easy solution. Be a coach and not so much a friend as you stated.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic and Jordan got others involved in the game. When they have an off shooting night, they contribute in other ways. To me.. Kobe rarely did this. He just kept shooting. He was a clutch shooter for sure, but he also resorts to hero ball too many times for me in the last 4 years. I was hoping he would be a facilitator drawing the double team and passing more. He seems to think " I still got it" and my shot will eventually fall. He is too stubborn for this young team. Byron needs to stop being his friend and coach this team.

Magic was a point guard/ Kobe is a shooting guard. He's literally paid to shoot the basketball. If he never passes and never does anything to make his teammates better, then why is he the only player in NBA history to have over 30,000 points and over 6,000 assists?

Jordan didn't do much to "make his teammates better" when his shot was off either. He kept shooting too because it was his job. Guys like Kobe and MJ make their teammates better by the simple fact that they are on the floor and can't be ignored by the opponent. The attention they require, opens things up for their teammates.

Some of you crack me the fuck up. 7 games into a season where we all knew the Lakers weren't going to the playoffs and people are acting like they were supposed to be a contender or something.

It's been 7 games. :L

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Tomodach. That part of Scott's coaching repertoire is not good for this team's long-term development. Easy solution. Be a coach and not so much a friend as you stated.
Magic was a point guard/ Kobe is a shooting guard. He's literally paid to shoot the basketball. If he never passes and never does anything to make his teammates better, then why is he the only player in NBA history to have over 30,000 points and over 6,000 assists?

Jordan didn't do much to "make his teammates better" when his shot was off either. He kept shooting too because it was his job. Guys like Kobe and MJ make their teammates better by the simple fact that they are on the floor and can't be ignored by the opponent. The attention they require, opens things up for their teammates.

Some of you crack me the fuck up. 7 games into a season where we all knew the Lakers weren't going to the playoffs and people are acting like they were supposed to be a contender or something.

It's been 7 games. :L
Now your changing the narrative that it has only been seven games and people thought we were going to be a contender. That is ridiculous. No one is talking about that, It is about his attitude in trying to mentor the young playes. It is wrong!!:L:L:L:L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now your changing the narrative that it has only been seven games and people thought we were going to be a contender. That is ridiculous. No one is talking about that, It is about his attitude in trying to mentor the young playes. It is wrong!!:L:L:L:L

I haven't changed any narrative. This team was never going to make the playoffs this season. We are 7 games in and some of you are acting like they were supposed to be contenders. Some of you are wanting coaches fired and complaining about Kobe's comments 7 games in.

As for his attitude about mentoring young players, I guess you missed the part where he told Russell to show up an hour early before the team shootaround and spent that time helping him break down tape. Russell says he learned a lot from that. He also spends time in game and on the bench mentoring the young guys. But you're all rustled over 1 statement.

As for him shooting, since the first game, I haven't seen him demanding the ball. Kobe essentially is trying to do 2 things at the same time. He has to get some semblance of his legs under him so that he can help the team this season while mentoring the young guys to help the team in the future. Not the easiest balance to find. Sometimes he'll do that perfectly, other times, his competitive nature will take over and he'll try to do things himself.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't changed any narrative. This team was never going to make the playoffs this season. We are 7 games in and some of you are acting like they were supposed to be contenders. Some of you are wanting coaches fired and complaining about Kobe's comments 7 games in.

As for his attitude about mentoring young players, I guess you missed the part where he told Russell to show up an hour early before the team shootaround and spent that time helping him break down tape. Russell says he learned a lot from that. He also spends time in game and on the bench mentoring the young guys. But you're all rustled over 1 statement.

As for him shooting, since the first game, I haven't seen him demanding the ball. Kobe essentially is trying to do 2 things at the same time. He has to get some semblance of his legs under him so that he can help the team this season while mentoring the young guys to help the team in the future. Not the easiest balance to find. Sometimes he'll do that perfectly, other times, his competitive nature will take over and he'll try to do things himself.

I respectfully disagree. I understand your point.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those questioning why the Lakers took Russell. Colin Cowherd made an excellent point this morning. In the Western Conference, you HAVE to have a good point guard or you are done. He also compared the past 10 or so drafts and point guards have been far more successful then centers. Here are the top 2 at each position:

2004 - Centers: Dwight Howard, Emeka Okafor
Point Guards: Shaun Livingston, Sebastian Telfair

2005 - C: Andrew Bogut, Channing Frye
PG: Deron Williams, CP3

2006 - C: Patrick O'Bryant, Mouhamed Sene
PG: Rajon Rondo, Brandon Roy

2007 - C: Greg Oden, Al Horford
PG: Mike Conley, Acie Law

2008 - C: Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez
PG: Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook

2009 - C: Hasheem Thabeet, Byron Muellens
PG: Ricky Rubio, Steph Curry

2010 - C: DeMarcus Cousins, Ekpe Udoh
PG: John Wall, Eric Bledsoe

2011 - C: Enes Kanter, Jonas Valaciunas
PG: Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight

2012 - C: Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond
PG: Damian Lillard, Kendall Marshall

2013 - C: Alex Len, Nerlens Noel
PG: Victor Oladipo, Trey Burke

2014 - C: Joel Embiid, Jusuf Nurkic
PG: Dante Exum, Marcus Smart

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. I understand your point.

With which part? It only being 7 games in and some folks are panicking? Or that people are calling for Byron's head? That Kobe has spent time with Russell breaking down film and spends time on the floor and on the bench mentoring and pointing things out? Or that it's a difficult balance to work on getting to whatever level he is going to be playing at while also mentoring the youngsters and he'll struggle at times to find the right balance?

Or did you actually believe the Lakers were a potential playoff team?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With which part? It only being 7 games in and some folks are panicking? Or that people are calling for Byron's head? That Kobe has spent time with Russell breaking down film and spends time on the floor and on the bench mentoring and pointing things out? Or that it's a difficult balance to work on getting to whatever level he is going to be playing at while also mentoring the youngsters and he'll struggle at times to find the right balance?

Or did you actually believe the Lakers were a potential playoff team?
I said in my posts that no one expected them to win a championship or come close. I don't agree with your kobe mentoring Russell. Did you not read the latest article????:L mentoring by shooting?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those questioning why the Lakers took Russell. Colin Cowherd made an excellent point this morning. In the Western Conference, you HAVE to have a good point guard or you are done. He also compared the past 10 or so drafts and point guards have been far more successful then centers. Here are the top 2 at each position:

2004 - Centers: Dwight Howard, Emeka Okafor
Point Guards: Shaun Livingston, Sebastian Telfair

2005 - C: Andrew Bogut, Channing Frye
PG: Deron Williams, CP3

2006 - C: Patrick O'Bryant, Mouhamed Sene
PG: Rajon Rondo, Brandon Roy

2007 - C: Greg Oden, Al Horford
PG: Mike Conley, Acie Law

2008 - C: Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez
PG: Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook

2009 - C: Hasheem Thabeet, Byron Muellens
PG: Ricky Rubio, Steph Curry

2010 - C: DeMarcus Cousins, Ekpe Udoh
PG: John Wall, Eric Bledsoe

2011 - C: Enes Kanter, Jonas Valaciunas
PG: Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight

2012 - C: Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond
PG: Damian Lillard, Kendall Marshall

2013 - C: Alex Len, Nerlens Noel
PG: Victor Oladipo, Trey Burke

2014 - C: Joel Embiid, Jusuf Nurkic
PG: Dante Exum, Marcus Smart
Time will tell if they made the right decision. Like you said it is only 7 games. What is the point of posting the why now? It's done. Russell is a Laker. Also, anyone that listens to cow turd.....

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said in my posts that no one expected them to win a championship or come close. I don't agree with your kobe mentoring Russell. Did you not read the latest article????:L mentoring by shooting?

Again, did you not read about Kobe breaking down film with Russell? Have you not seen him talking to the young guys on the floor and on the bench? I don't like the Kobe comment either, but I'm looking at the totality of what I see and read. Not just 1 article.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell if they made the right decision. Like you said it is only 7 games. What is the point of posting the why now? It's done. Russell is a Laker. Also, anyone that listens to cow turd.....

:lol: Are you Phyllis from Mulga?

Cowherd's okay background sound. He does have a good point about needing a point guard in the west. I was actually shocked when he started listing the point guards vs. centers for the past 10 years. I knew the NBA had become a point guard driven league, but didn't realize just how much until I saw that.

Last edited:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to chill about Russell. He has game. Be patient Lakers fans. I know that's hard for a franchise like this but the guy will be a very good NBA player. The skill set is there.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even amidst all the losses and a 1-8 start, apparently B. Scott and his approach is making a difference-on the defensive end of the court. According to the following article, we have trimmed the points allowed per game from last year from 116 and change per game to 97 and change per game. Nearly a 20 point swing. Good news indeed!

Lakers' Kobe Bryant offers Coach Byron Scott consoling, and counsel

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be around for tonight's game against the 5-4 Detroit Pistones.