• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I get the feeling that trade would take us out of the lottery.

Plus we have Randle and Nance, the need for Love isn't as high as it was a couple years ago. The Cavs probably have no use for Hibbert and they probably don't even want Young.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks as though the trade Kevin Love talk is heating up again in light of the notion that the new head coach Tyron Lue is the face of a championship desire by the FO (go figure) and the talk that Love doesn't play well with Irving who is a mainstay in Cleveland.

Could it be that the Lakers get in on this? Perhaps, but I hope they don't do something stupid like give away one or more of our young core for Love. Maybe a Hibbert/Young/Bass for Love trade would work. Who knows and we shall see.

Based on reports, the Cavs trading Kevin Love is a real possibility

There's no value for the Cavs there. Bass is useful but the other two aren't worth it for them. Young is a knucklehead and they already have plenty of people to play Hibbert's role (hell, they are trying to move Mozgov as is). You'd have to move Randle if you want in on it. But Bass+Randle doesn't match up money wise so you'd probably have to throw in Hibbert but again, the Cavs have little need for him. The pieces just aren't there to make it work.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks as though the trade Kevin Love talk is heating up again in light of the notion that the new head coach Tyron Lue is the face of a championship desire by the FO (go figure) and the talk that Love doesn't play well with Irving who is a mainstay in Cleveland.

Could it be that the Lakers get in on this? Perhaps, but I hope they don't do something stupid like give away one or more of our young core for Love. Maybe a Hibbert/Young/Bass for Love trade would work. Who knows and we shall see.

Based on reports, the Cavs trading Kevin Love is a real possibility

Doubt it, but who knows? Love to the Lakers was considered a foregone conclusion until the Cavs traded for him. If the Lakers were to trade for Love, I doubt there's any shot they could do it without including Russell, Randle, Clarkson or Nance. Out of those 4, Clarkson might be the most valuable to the Cavs. They don't need Russell because they have Irving and they are all in on keeping him around.

They don't need Randle because they have TT and even though Randle projects to be the better player, the Cavs would have to unload TT's contract and he's so overpaid, they probably can't move him until the final year.

Clarkson would be good for them because he's a combo guard who could play the 2 and also provide a better option than Dellavadova at point when Kyrie is out. If it was Clarkson and Bass, they'd still need to throw in a couple of guys to get the money close enough and I don't know who the Lakers would be willing to part with that the Cavs would want.

There would probably have to be a 3rd team involved in the trade as well.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, maybe Kobe and Pau can start an old dude's league and play together that way or maybe the Lakers will trade for Pau to retire him a Laker with Kobe. Metta could join that league as well as his career is most certainly done.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, maybe Kobe and Pau can start an old dude's league and play together that way or maybe the Lakers will trade for Pau to retire him a Laker with Kobe. Metta could join that league as well as his career is most certainly done.

How funny that you posted this. I was just about to post the following:

Pau is going to be a free agent this off-season and there is apparently some question about how he fits in Hoiberg's offense.

If the Lakers land a big time FA (or maybe even if they don't) do they make an offer to Pau? He's still playing at a pretty high level and I can't think of a better mentor for the youngsters. Plus, as you mentioned, he retires as a Laker.

Possible lineup of:

PG - Russell
SG - Clarkson
SF - Durant(?) Simmons(?) Ingram(?)
PF - Randle
C- Pau

Or is this just me being a Pau fanboy? Also, would Pau even consider it since he felt disrespected by the Lakers FO (which I agree with him about)?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pau is going to be a free agent this off-season and there is apparently some question about how he fits in Hoiberg's offense.

If the Lakers land a big time FA (or maybe even if they don't) do they make an offer to Pau? He's still playing at a pretty high level and I can't think of a better mentor for the youngsters. Plus, as you mentioned, he retires as a Laker.

Possible lineup of:

PG - Russell
SG - Clarkson
PF - Randle
C- Pau

Or is this just me being a Pau fanboy? Also, would Pau even consider it since he felt disrespected by the Lakers FO (which I agree with him about)?

I would love to see Pau back but after what happened I don't see it happening. Alternatively I'd like to keep Hibbert if Randle improves his game. I think Roy would perform a lot better with another star on the team - Durant perhaps.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Pau back but after what happened I don't see it happening. Alternatively I'd like to keep Hibbert if Randle improves his game. I think Roy would perform a lot better with another star on the team - Durant perhaps.
Pau's time as a Lakers has passed. Time to move on. His last few years here were not very good. I thank him for helping the Lakers win titles.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau's time as a Lakers has passed. Time to move on. His last few years here were not very good. I thank him for helping the Lakers win titles.

True, but since he's been with the Bulls, he's played closer to how he did when he was helping win those titles. My thought was what a great veteran to bring in to mentor the youngsters for a couple of seasons, plus he's playing well.

I do agree though with Shaqdaddy, he probably wouldn't want to come back after being disrespected like he was. Especially with Kobe gone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but since he's been with the Bulls, he's played closer to how he did when he was helping win those titles. My thought was what a great veteran to bring in to mentor the youngsters for a couple of seasons, plus he's playing well.

I do agree though with Shaqdaddy, he probably wouldn't want to come back after being disrespected like he was. Especially with Kobe gone.

I think playing with Kobe again would be the only way he'd even consider coming back. When the black mamba retires, those hopes fly out the window.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think playing with Kobe again would be the only way he'd even consider coming back. When the black mamba retires, those hopes fly out the window.

ONE MORE YEAR!! ONE MORE YEAR!!

C'mon Kobe!! Do it for Pau!!

:pound:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possible lineup of:

PG - Russell
SG - Clarkson
PF - Randle
C- Pau

He's gonna resign and then he'll be in a trade rumor before the press conference is over

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Metta is done so there will be a roster spot for Pau but as Shaqdaddy has already stated, this isn't going to happen for two reasons: The flippin FO dissed him royally and Kobe is done. Pau is going through that again unles he may change his mind if Luke gets hired and maximally wants him and the FO does a meya copa and throws gobs of money at him. Conceivably we could retain Hibbert and bring in Pau as a forward if Hibbert re-signs. But I think this suggestion of mine is a stretch. Stranger things have happened though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the sort of journalistic whoredom that pisses me right off with the media and their bullshit. Now they are floating this idea that the Lakers could sign both Westbrook and Durant without any regard for what is developing in LA. This article is rife with media double talk that is just flat-out bovine manure-most of it anyway. This is from the Yardbarker so consider the source. See for yourself.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...k_to_lakers_big_possibility/s1_12740_20265628

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the sort of journalistic whoredom that pisses me right off with the media and their bullshit. Now they are floating this idea that the Lakers could sign both Westbrook and Durant without any regard for what is developing in LA. This article is rife with media double talk that is just flat-out bovine manure-most of it anyway. This is from the Yardbarker so consider the source. See for yourself.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...k_to_lakers_big_possibility/s1_12740_20265628

Its Steven A Smith starting that shit up again

Stephen A. Smith: Lakers Led To Believe Durant, Westbrook Could Join Team - RealGM Wiretap

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that guy is a total neomaxizoondweebi, Shagdaddy. He is forever doing this crap.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@TurnUpTheHeat and I were kicking this one around the other day. I had no idea that anything had been written and I'm not sure he did either.

It's not necessarily as far-fetched as it seems at first. Basically what we were kicking around was this:

Durant does the Lebron thing and signs a 2 year deal with the Lakers with a player option on the 2nd year. This enables him to sign a max deal this off-season and then opt out and re-sign with the Lakers in 2017 when he is eligible for a "super max" deal. Also, in 2017, they sign Westbrook who went to Leuzinger High School in L.A. and played at UCLA. There have actually been rumors for awhile about Westbrook eventually ending up with the Lakers because of that.

As I said when turnup and I were discussing it, I don't think it will happen, but then I didn't think both Lebron and Bosh would end up in Miami with D-Wade.