• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers have the players but they aren't playing hard because they want Scott fired. Simple as that. How many post game interviews have we heard where the players say we just didn't play hard? That's a underlying message of we can play hard but we aren't because we hate our coach. Also if the owner hears that over and over if he's smart he needs to get someone they'll play hard for. They'll play offense because that's fun and easy. But won't play defense. That way they have fun but will still get Scott fired. Sure they have stretches in games where their offense struggles but that's because they're a young team. But when it's on it's good. Time and playing together will fix that.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers have the players but they aren't playing hard because they want Scott fired. Simple as that. How many post game interviews have we heard where the players say we just didn't play hard? That's a underlying message of we can play hard but we aren't because we hate our coach. Also if the owner hears that over and over if he's smart he needs to get someone they'll play hard for. They'll play offense because that's fun and easy. But won't play defense. That way they have fun but will still get Scott fired. Sure they have stretches in games where their offense struggles but that's because they're a young team. But when it's on it's good. Time and playing together will fix that.

They certainly realize Byron's offensive system sucks. D'Angelo basically said recently that what they are doing isn't working and maybe it's time to change things up.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently everyone gets the fact that Scott's offense and his defensive schemes suck except B. Scott.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some solid play from D'Angelo the last two games. We are seeing more and more of this guy's skill set and potential. Last night was the post game. With his height and length, posting up smaller defenders leads to good looks. Twice he spun left and was fouled on shot attempts.

Happy to see Black finally getting some consistent run. What his playing is showing is how effective D'Angelo is when running PnRs with a big who will actually roll to the rim with force.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson, Russell, and Randle are now beginning to consistently put up double figures in scoring and with Kobe's motivating help, we are now in a two-game win streak. If Black plays more minutes, we might actually see some scoring from the paint as well as some pretty stout D. What a waste of time and money is one Roy Hibbert. That dude should be cut. Let him flip burgers for trashing his career with mental laziness that defies logic.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Byron is loosening the reigns a bit and the youngsters are responding. 2 games is obviously a small sample size, but imo, these have been arguably the 2 best games they've played all year.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice little graphic comparing Russell and Mudiay. Russell shooting an impressive 60% in the paint. His length is a nice advantage.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Russell isn't being given any playing time or being developed. :heh:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some solid play from D'Angelo the last two games. We are seeing more and more of this guy's skill set and potential. Last night was the post game. With his height and length, posting up smaller defenders leads to good looks. Twice he spun left and was fouled on shot attempts.

Happy to see Black finally getting some consistent run. What his playing is showing is how effective D'Angelo is when running PnRs with a big who will actually roll to the rim with force.

Amazing what happens when you actually play a guy and tailor to his skillset instead of spouting off nonsense for 4 months about "earning it". Nevermind that fact that he was starting to begin with and took it away for no real reason. GUYS GOTTA EARN IT! OLD SCHOOL! TOUGHNESS! IMAGINATIONLAND!

And yeah, it is nice to see it took Byron Scott till February to realize that Black is still on the roster so he can stop playing Bass at center. Maybe he finally showed enough hustle during wind sprints to earn some playing time.

That Randle though is getting too cocky with those double doubles. Need to get Nance healthy so we can bench Randle and fuck up his confidence again. Nothing's better teaching moment than pulling the rug out from underneath a guy and not explaining why. That'll show those youngsters how the NBA works

Seriously though, Russell's game has been there all season. Randle's as well. This isn't new. That's why its so damn absurd to be jerking shit around with them all season. The season was over in November. Instead of teaching them during the game and giving positive feedback, Byron Scott spent the last two months juggling line ups on whims and throwing shade in the media whenever possible.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it just a matter of time and this guy is going to be killer!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: God forbid these guys should actually have to earn anything. Everything should just be handed to them. Maybe the NBA will just hand them a championship.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the mentality of these young players TJF12. "I am here; Aren't you lucky"! And just give me everything. Pisses me right off. At least B. Scott is slowly making them understand that they have to earn it if they want a championship.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the mentality of these young players TJF12. "I am here; Aren't you lucky"! And just give me everything. Pisses me right off. At least B. Scott is slowly making them understand that they have to earn it if they want a championship.

Thank you!! That has been my point all along.

Do I think Byron is a great coach? No. Do I think he's the coach that will lead the Lakers to the next title? Probably not. Do I think he's doing the right thing by teaching these young guys that, if you want to be great, you have to earn it? Absolutely.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you!! That has been my point all along.

Do I think Byron is a great coach? No. Do I think he's the coach that will lead the Lakers to the next title? Probably not. Do I think he's doing the right thing by teaching these young guys that, if you want to be great, you have to earn it? Absolutely.

Damn millennials! GET OFF MY LAWN

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'd be more inclined to believe the "earn it" nonsense if Scott himself didn't make Russell and Randle starters from DAY 1. If he really wanted them to earn it, why make them starters from the get go? See, he doesn't even believe his own bullshit. The "earn it" stuff is a scape goat. They didn't get benched because he wanted them to earn it or they weren't ready , they got benched to turn attention away from Scott's coaching.

"We're not losing because my strategies are total mess! We're losing because those young guys are cocky and not ready! Even if that's true, ignore the fact that I'm the one that put them out there unprepared. I totally know what I'm doing".

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing what happens when you actually play a guy and tailor to his skillset instead of spouting off nonsense for 4 months about "earning it". Nevermind that fact that he was starting to begin with and took it away for no real reason. GUYS GOTTA EARN IT! OLD SCHOOL! TOUGHNESS! IMAGINATIONLAND!

And yeah, it is nice to see it took Byron Scott till February to realize that Black is still on the roster so he can stop playing Bass at center. Maybe he finally showed enough hustle during wind sprints to earn some playing time.

That Randle though is getting too cocky with those double doubles. Need to get Nance healthy so we can bench Randle and fuck up his confidence again. Nothing's better teaching moment than pulling the rug out from underneath a guy and not explaining why. That'll show those youngsters how the NBA works

Seriously though, Russell's game has been there all season. Randle's as well. This isn't new. That's why its so damn absurd to be jerking shit around with them all season. The season was over in November. Instead of teaching them during the game and giving positive feedback, Byron Scott spent the last two months juggling line ups on whims and throwing shade in the media whenever possible.

You really MANNED UP with this post turk. Byron would be proud of you!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, wildturkey doesn't like Byron. What a shock!! :shocked:

Don't think he's ever posted that before.