• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Rumor Thread

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Walker's trying something's out. I'm not going to jump to conclusions over a AAA start.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to back AAA starts.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe unfairly I have higher expectations for him. I just havent seen anything from him this year that is giving me confidence. Like AZ pointed out, the shoulder injury seemed to change his delivery and the results havent been great. Outside of that one shutout he had he has been extremely underwhelming.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I hope they trade him before his next start. He really scares me and I see his stock falling here real soon. I loved the guy so it hurts to see him go, but this isn't the same guy like I said before.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino, Ackley, Franklin, Smoak, Walker for Stanton.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/seattle-mariners

• Mariners outfielder (and former second baseman) Dustin Ackley has drawn significant trade interest, [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]490207466219925506[/MEDIA]"]tweets[/ame] Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. Clubs are interested in a chance at a turnaround from a player who was once one of the game’s top prospects, notes Heyman. With Robinson Cano etched in stone at second and Seattle looking to upgrade its production in the corner outfield, Ackley could theoretically be included as part of a package or dealt away to create roster space.

Teams want this guy???? Come on someone take a chance on this guy please!
Really he'll turn into an allstar hitter with his new team and hit near .400 for the rest of his career :bullshit:

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Seattle Mariners Rumors - MLB Trade Rumors

• Mariners outfielder (and former second baseman) Dustin Ackley has drawn significant trade interest, tweets Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. Clubs are interested in a chance at a turnaround from a player who was once one of the game’s top prospects, notes Heyman. With Robinson Cano etched in stone at second and Seattle looking to upgrade its production in the corner outfield, Ackley could theoretically be included as part of a package or dealt away to create roster space.

Teams want this guy???? Come on someone take a chance on this guy please!
Really he'll turn into an allstar hitter with his new team and hit near .400 for the rest of his career :bullshit:
i wouldn't be surprised to see one of the group of underperformers for the M's (Ackley, Franklin, Smoak) go on to become an all star with another team eventually. if howard johnson had gotten here sooner, maybe he could have made some headway with them as mariners, but i think it's more mental than anything with these kids. a complete change of scenery might awaken the talent for one or more of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff. 2B is hot right now and a lot of teams in need believe they can make Ackley the hitter he once was. More power to them. Just give us a guy who hits now and call it a day.

I am glad Z turned down Zobrist for Franklin/Maurer. Maurer should have real value and if nobody wants to pay it then he is a cheap bullpen arm who has electric stuff. Make deals, but be smart about it. Don't drive teams away with stupid requests, but don't overpay either. Be a real GM for once.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to download the app. What did it say?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I thought I had the website. I guess friends of Rios say he would prefer not to "go as far as Seattle". Also that Seattle seems "discouraged" in their discussions. I got it from Heyman on Twitter

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I follow Heyman, but must have missed it. Too far? These guys kill me on this stuff. It is for half a year and get paid tons of money to do it. Buck up people. I think he is more afraid his numbers will level off and he will lose value in free agency instead of worrying about trying to be on a playoff team. That is where money has hurt sports. Playoffs in secondary to a lot of them now becuase they get paid so much the actual burning for winning is smoldering.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I follow Heyman, but must have missed it. Too far? These guys kill me on this stuff. It is for half a year and get paid tons of money to do it. Buck up people. I think he is more afraid his numbers will level off and he will lose value in free agency instead of worrying about trying to be on a playoff team. That is where money has hurt sports. Playoffs in secondary to a lot of them now becuase they get paid so much the actual burning for winning is smoldering.

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosenthal Video on Price Today.

MLB Videos | FOX Sports

Only the first part is M's related. The part I took away from it is when he said is that GM's in the league doubt M's can get Price because they say they have a hard time getting Jack to the finish line in trades. He. Must. Go.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to give up quality to get quality.

and strategic trades are 1/3 of a team's methods for building a contender (the other 2 being farm cultivation and signing free agents).

this front office handicaps the team in so many ways, it's ridiculous.