• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Postseason Discussion

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1964 me and family were refused service in a restaurant in New Mexico. They told me they did not serve president killers. Children were 5/3 yrs old. To this very day, I will never go through NM and spend a penny. Wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire. People are getting crazy looking for reasons to be mean and hateful.

Man you know what I'd always heard of stories like this but never really spoke or knew someone directly that experienced this. I've heard this happened a lot to people from Dallas that traveled up north as well and that it even happened decades after the assassination. That is crazy stuff for sure and it's unfortunate this happened because of a few goofballs because there's lots of NM I'm a really big fan of.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1964 me and family were refused service in a restaurant in New Mexico. They told me they did not serve president killers. Children were 5/3 yrs old. To this very day, I will never go through NM and spend a penny. Wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire. People are getting crazy looking for reasons to be mean and hateful.

Good heavens....you can more than relate.

But DT....I would encourage you to take into consideration that was 1964. Don't forget; just consider.

My gosh, 1964 wasn't so far removed from the McCarthy era. And do remember, to this day, Dallas is most remembered "world wide" as the place where President Kennedy was assassinated.

But your bitterness is earned for sure.....sorry....seriously.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT...I'm gonna quote you on this from now on.....truly amazing. Sadly, depressingly so.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards fans might have been classy when Bob Gibson was pitching, but if you read the internet, you see a lot of shitty cards fans in 2014. That's just how it is in sports today. Every fan base has an awful segment and a not so awful segment. Hell a few Cards fans got into it with some protesters the other night and said some awful shit to them. Really I want both fan bases to be disappointed, because they are in the NL, and the NL is truly a horrible product in the modern era.

Go Royrioles.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if that isn't the biggest crock of shit they pulled. They didn't deserve your money. Drove through NM and really, I cannot say you are missing that much to be honest. The best thing about NM is that they filmed Breaking Bad there.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels in the Outfield on TCM if you 're bored.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels in the Outfield on TCM if you 're bored.
Funny quote from the movie: Dogs have fleas. Managers have sports writers.:L

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards fans might have been classy when Bob Gibson was pitching, but if you read the internet, you see a lot of shitty cards fans in 2014. That's just how it is in sports today. Every fan base has an awful segment and a not so awful segment. Hell a few Cards fans got into it with some protesters the other night and said some awful shit to them. Really I want both fan bases to be disappointed, because they are in the NL, and the NL is truly a horrible product in the modern era.

Go Royrioles.

Go Royrioles indeed. I don't care which team wins the AL, but I'm rooting for them to win the WS.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough going there, DT. People can be so cruel regardless of the situation.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ouch! I don't know if I would be able to handle such treatment gracefully. Someone might've got their ass kicked. My family took me to a restaurant in New Mexico while we were on a ski trip. Worst experience ever! The town only had 2 restaurants so everybody was there. Tourists and locals alike. They were a bunch of idiots! The waiter lost or forgot our order several times and we had to wait 3 hours to get our food.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch! I don't know if I would be able to handle such treatment gracefully. Someone might've got their ass kicked. My family took me to a restaurant in New Mexico while we were on a ski trip. Worst experience ever! The town only had 2 restaurants so everybody was there. Tourists and locals alike. They were a bunch of idiots! The waiter lost or forgot our order several times and we had to wait 3 hours to get our food.

I have met quite a few New Mexican's that truly hate Texans, but I have also met New Mexican's that were some of the greatest people ever ... I think it's true no matter where you go. It happens ... you can make an issue of it or just move on. I have been known to take some of the former to task though.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that isn't the biggest crock of shit they pulled. They didn't deserve your money. Drove through NM and really, I cannot say you are missing that much to be honest. The best thing about NM is that they filmed Breaking Bad there.

Been to NM a handful of times and I've honestly had a great experiences.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With two children and a wife, it is much wiser to consider their safety in a hostile environment. People like that are predictable. No use agitating a bunch of idiots over lunch.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With two children and a wife, it is much wiser to consider their safety in a hostile environment. People like that are predictable. No use agitating a bunch of idiots over lunch.

Having a family definitely changes how you react to certain situations. I probably would've told them what dumb fucks they were though.