• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Overspend in Free Agency Thread

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I honestly didn't think all those former Penguins would get paid that much!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps sign Chris Connor. I was just joking about McClellan scouting only the Pens, but now I'm starting to wonder.6

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... all in all - its been a damn good day for this Stars fan.

If I had a beer, I'd be looking for another one right now.

Otis !!! Man oh man , if i was a Stars fan as you are , i would be inhaling oodles of barley based bevies today> You had a good Team on the rise , that just took a step the hell up. Sorry about your Cowpokes , but your hockey team is on a real solid trajectory

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otis !!! Man oh man , if i was a Stars fan as you are , i would be inhaling oodles of barley based bevies today> You had a good Team on the rise , that just took a step the hell up. Sorry about your Cowpokes , but your hockey team is on a real solid trajectory

Best thing about these moves is the core of the kids in Cedar Park is still intact. Especially the defensemen. Nemeth... Oleksiak... Klingberg... Jokipakka - all are still on the roster and all are making a push to join the parent team. Nemeth is a solid bet to make the roster. He earned that with his play against the Ducks.

It was a long dark 6 years... but the sun is starting to shine a little.

BTW - Nice upgrade in goal for your heroes. Very nice.

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing about these moves is the core of the kids in Cedar Park is still intact. Especially the defensemen. Nemeth... Oleksiak... Klingberg... Jokipakka - all are still on the roster and all are making a push to join the parent team. Nemeth is a solid bet to make the roster. He earned that with his play against the Ducks.

It was a long dark 6 years... but the sun is starting to shine a little.

BTW - Nice upgrade in goal for your heroes. Very nice.

Agreed , anything that sends "Joey the wet paper bag" down to the Farm is a good move.

Mandoli

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will get Dustin Penner and you will like it.

I just saw this... I'm not sure that's even going to be happening (soon). I'll pass judgment until mid-season with whomever does get signed. Just as long as (name of player) isn't injury prone. Then I probably will make a fuss over it.

And *gasp* they did sign someone today. From what I've been reading, it's really nothing major. Figured that's what the idea would be this early if they did get something done. Still early. Time will tell, I guess.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So maybe they will go to the Stanley Cup finals because we will have a hard time qualifying

Having Pouliot leave didn't hurt, Boyle yes, but Moore stayed. Dorsett was garbage and Carbomb will be retained. Dan Boyle is a HUGE upgrade over Stralman and I loved Stralsy. Brass, Zucc and Kreider will all be re-signed. Still 15M in cap space. A trade will come for a Center.

Spiny Norman

Not Quite Dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Pouliot leave didn't hurt, Boyle yes, but Moore stayed. Dorsett was garbage and Carbomb will be retained. Dan Boyle is a HUGE upgrade over Stralman and I loved Stralsy. Brass, Zucc and Kreider will all be re-signed. Still 15M in cap space. A trade will come for a Center.

I hope you're right, though I also liked Stralman. What centres are out there?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right, though I also liked Stralman. What centres are out there?

Ribeiro, Legwand, Jokinen.

It's very...

Slim-pickens_riding-the-bomb_enh-lores.jpg

...out there.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exclusive video of the negotiations between Niskanen and the Caps.

tumblr_n4inkwSBnu1tzsgkuo1_400.gif