• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ... there is always Choo! He can play CF! :D

Like I said, "we're still gonna need someone to play backup CF." haha

Really don't feel great about Deshields making the team only due to his backup glove. But it may come to this.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't feel great about Deshields making the team only due to his backup glove. But it may come to this.[/QUOTE]
Agree. Choo certainly can't play cf and I'm not sold on him starting in rf after watching him yesterday. And Deshields is not the man to back up Martin. Problem area for sure. The Choice trade is biting us in the butt right now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona screws with a lot of outfielders.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't feel great about Deshields making the team only due to his backup glove. But it may come to this.
Agree. Choo certainly can't play cf and I'm not sold on him starting in rf after watching him yesterday. And Deshields is not the man to back up Martin. Problem area for sure. The Choice trade is biting us in the butt right now.[/QUOTE]

You watched the game yesterday didn't ya? Every fly ball for the first 3/4 innings was an adventure regardless of which field or team was out there. Don't misunderstand. Choo isn't going to win any GG me thinks. But he'll be OK; expect for his arm.

We gave up next to nothing to get Choice. He's still young, strong and seems willing to at least listen and learn. Jury's out IMO. Gotta admit, I'm not thrilled with what I'm seeing as of mid Mar 2015 though.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Choo certainly can't play cf and I'm not sold on him starting in rf after watching him yesterday. And Deshields is not the man to back up Martin. Problem area for sure. The Choice trade is biting us in the butt right now.[/QUOTE]

You watched the game yesterday didn't ya? Every fly ball for the first 3/4 innings was an adventure regardless of which field or team was out there. Don't misunderstand. Choo isn't going to win any GG me thinks. But he'll be OK; expect for his arm.

We gave up next to nothing to get Choice. He's still young, strong and seems willing to at least listen and learn. Jury's out IMO. Gotta admit, I'm not thrilled with what I'm seeing as of mid Mar 2015 though.
I don't see Kitten Face as next to nothing especially when we need a back up cf.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mitch never does anything else he will always have my respect for how well he performed offensively against SF in the 2010 WS and also in the ALCS that year.

A MITCHBOMB and an outstanding start from Colby accounted for the only game they won that series. Those two could have never put on a Rangers uniform again and I still would have been a fan for life.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Kitten Face as next to nothing especially when we need a back up cf.

Good point.

Although I'm leery of Deshields, I think he has the possibility of become Gentry; and he's still only 22.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

Although I'm leery of Deshields, I think he has the possibility of become Gentry; and he's still only 22.
DeShields came here under the cloud of poor attitude and poor work habits. I don't hold out much hope for him.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

AMEN! Would love having Gentry still here.

That said ... if DeShields isn't better than Hoying TEX ought to return DeShields to HOU and make Hoying 4OF. Am not a fan of Rule 5. Can force you into making a mistake worse down the road.

PS ... sorry Romeo screwed up the Quote post. Know you dock us points when we don't get quotes posted correctly.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OT TECHNICAL QUESTION: Sometimes I will draft a reply to someone else's post and then decide to not post it. I'll delete the text but it stays in the bottom post box grayed out but still there. How do you kill off a draft post?

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT TECHNICAL QUESTION: Sometimes I will draft a reply to someone else's post and then decide to not post it. I'll delete the text but it stays in the bottom post box grayed out but still there. How do you kill off a draft post?

just delete everything and then type a "space." it'll save a new draft.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I think that would lead the team in HRs.

If Mitch never does anything else he will always have my respect for how well he performed offensively against SF in the 2010 WS and also in the ALCS that year.

I was there and watched that Mitch HR live and that was one of the best AB's Ive seen. He fouled off pitch after pitch until he connected and that was a no doubt about it BOMB!

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was there and watched that Mitch HR live and that was one of the best AB's Ive seen. He fouled off pitch after pitch until he connected and that was a no doubt about it BOMB!

I was there as well, and it was one hell of a game.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah its almost inevitable in this day and time that guys have an arm/elbow procedure at some point in their careers. Its more easily overcome and guys can go on to pitch and have pretty good careers after surgery these days but it has to be tough on a guy with all the pain and rehab. Lots of guys are having 2 and even 3rd procedures as well

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeShields came here under the cloud of poor attitude and poor work habits. I don't hold out much hope for him.

I did use "leery" and "possibility" in the same sentence to describe my thoughts on him.

Again, he's only 22. Maybe he'll pull his head outta his butt yet.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did use "leery" and "possibility" in the same sentence to describe my thoughts on him.

Again, he's only 22. Maybe he'll pull his head outta his butt yet.

I would be a lot more inclined to wait for him to do so if we could put him in the minors, but since we can't I just don't have a lot of patience with him.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting matchup today... Jered Weaver against no projected starters except for Chirinos. Looks like they're trying to see what Hoying/Smolinski/Ludwick can do to stand out. And Gallo in the #3 spot, naturally.