• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 off season releases/re-signings updates

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollingthndr said:
Definitely the best part about living in Nevada. No state taxes. I remember Michigan having a ton of taxes so they could feed all the welfare babies.

:suds: yep. lived there for more than a decade in the 80's-90's. went back last year.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now we have 53 players making at least $535,000 so if any of these players(Webster, Freese, and Reid) make the final roster(likely all drafted rookies will) they will actually free up some cap space $115,000-$170,000 per player. If you understood the cap as well as you think you do I doubt you'd be arguing this. Again $420,000 is there salary not the cap hit.

Good God do you even know how to read? Let me make this real simple for you.......if Webster makes the team what will his cap hit be for 2014? The answer is $495,146. What I said to you was that telling people the combined cap hits of those three players as being less than $140k was misleading. The proof of that is one sentence above.

I did not ask you for the NET impact or anything of the sort because that type of detail on here is even more confusing. The fact is that the numbers you have posted are effectively wrong in every scenario except one. You posted the ammortizing cap hits of their signing bonuses only. Those guys will cost the Lions that much this year ONLY if none of them make the team, and the remainder of those bonuses will be dead $ cap hits in 2015.

If they do make the team their respective cap hits will each increase by $420k over the amount you insist on telling everyone they were signed for. I never mentioned net impact even once until now as part of my point. I said what you were putting out there was very misleading, and it certainly is.

If you knew the cap half as well as you think you do you would be able to explain things in a way that is accurate and not wildly misleading.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A players cap hit is only what the player counts again at the moment not in the future.The team had $1,476,464 in cap space before these signings and now has $1,339,242 in space. When the team make final cuts to the 53 man roster they will cut players that have higher salaries than the players we're talking about causing cap relief. After that the numbers you're talking about will become the players cap hit, but they will free up space compared to now. Just as an example if the Lions were to cut Dejon Gomes $645,000, Waive Kellen Moore $576,668 ($6668 dead), and cut Jed Collins $710,000 ($65,000 dead) to make room for these 3 on the final roster the team will have $472,778 net in extra cap space compared to now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A players cap hit is only what the player counts again at the moment not in the future.The team had $1,476,464 in cap space before these signings and now has $1,339,242 in space. When the team make final cuts to the 53 man roster they will cut players that have higher salaries than the players we're talking about causing cap relief. After that the numbers you're talking about will become the players cap hit, but they will free up space compared to now. Just as an example if the Lions were to cut Dejon Gomes $645,000, Waive Kellen Moore $576,668 ($6668 dead), and cut Jed Collins $710,000 ($65,000 dead) to make room for these 3 on the final roster the team will have $472,778 net in extra cap space compared to now.

:L.

Was there anything at all in that post that addressed anything I said about why your posts are misleading garbage? Nope. All you do is keep giving me information that I already am very well aware of. Thanks for playing. I'm done. :crazy:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let it go 4 the night Gents.. tomorrow's another day... not trying to get involved buttttt

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, the younger Generation will figure out why Suh and Lots of other guys leave Detroit......It's not because they hate Detroit, but Dems tax the shit out of their already crazy contracts.........

Remember fellas this is a business and there financial advisor (agent) told them to leave for better money.

The agent gets more money when the Athlete they represent makes more. So therefore push for other teams to sign them.

Long live Detroit!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dems and taxes :L Really that is the reason?? To leave for another state that still taxes them and the chance to win.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dems and taxes :L Really that is the reason?? To leave for another state that still taxes them and the chance to win.

If I forgot something, please explain, I'll be more then happy to move up North again with incentive....It's been over a decade, I see no incentive....

Wait.....James Woods and his Pure Michigan.....

Heck, truththefrog living in Texas and he wouldn't even do it......Me and him don't get along.

I'll continue to pay less for gas, tobacco, and all he other stuff while rooting for Detroit.....:laugh3:

I know some of you can't pick up and leave, don't hate the ones that did....It doesn't make us less of a Lions fan.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I was a young 27 year old, I got the chance to stop by Hope Arkansas and see Clintons house......I was embarrassed.

Nothing to be proud of....But boy did he sell it to the public much like eminem sold Detroit......

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah-
I don't think it's got shit to do with politics and/or taxes.

And who are all these guys always leaving Detroit anyhow? Megatron? Herman Moore? Barry? Verlander? Miggy? Yzerman? Maybe Lindstrom? No? Datsyuk or Zetterberg then? Isiah? Dumars?

Seems to me that we keep our big-time talent on a pretty consistent basis...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah-
I don't think it's got shit to do with politics and/or taxes.

And who are all these guys always leaving Detroit anyhow? Megatron? Herman Moore? Barry? Verlander? Miggy? Yzerman? Maybe Lindstrom? No? Datsyuk or Zetterberg then? Isiah? Dumars?

Seems to me that we keep our big-time talent on a pretty consistent basis...

Oh Stop. You sign with the team that drafted you...

Tiger Woods was never drafted hence his house is in Florida where he pays Taxes.(Funny how he lives in CA)

The ones you mentioned that no longer play, where do they live?:laugh3: Michigan?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida has three teams, Jacksonville, Tampa and Miami.......Players love signing big contracts that won't be taxed......They have no desire to win anything, but they win the money game.

Detroit can't offer that. Hence players leave or don't even want to sign....It's no longer Football, it's can I get my teenage daughter the same dress at the GAP or pay less at Wal Mart.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, what guys are leaving us like you said? And who gives a shit if they leave after they retire?

#doesn'tholdwater

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imlearnding_zps229433e5.gif
:L.

Was there anything at all in that post that addressed anything I said about why your posts are misleading garbage? Nope. All you do is keep giving me information that I already am very well aware of. Thanks for playing. I'm done. :crazy: