• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Lions' Board complete draft picks

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they can trade for Mallett.

Yeah -- I heard a rumor about a deal possibly getting done. I guess we shall see. I'm thinking they go after the 2nd Carr and hope he is better than his brother.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Houston already draft Carr's brother back in the day, instead of Julius Peppers? I may have my teams mixed up, but I thought it was Houston.

Dont forget who went immediately after Peppers... Joey Blue Skies. Ouch. He was a can't miss QB prospect and I was so happy Harrington fell to us.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN leads with 10 minutes and counting on the 22nd pick of the draft.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. Eric Ebron

NFL teams are all looking to add the next game-changing tight end. They all want to add a Jimmy Graham-type player to their roster. Thus, someone will gamble on Ebron, a raw talent that needs a lot of polish. That’s a big gamble to take in the first half of the first round, which is where Ebron will go. It seems like a big, unnecessary roll of the dice.

Look on the bright side -- He was only ranked 4th on the list, so there are 3 other guys ranked higher.

Detroit had a need at TE and they filled it. :L

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear me out. Mayhew loves drafting players who would have been first round picks if not for an injury. Lee is that guy. He won the top WR in college award two years ago, but struggled with a bum knee and his stock dropped.

Mayhew can try to make up for the Broyles pick.:suds:

I thought Lees stock dropped when I let the world know he has suspect hands and a tendency to pout? (The injury may have hurt him as well, idk.). But Im following ya. Aaron Colvin is Mayhew's ACL tear Sooner this year. Im calling my shot.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget who went immediately after Peppers... Joey Blue Skies. Ouch. He was a can't miss QB prospect and I was so happy Harrington fell to us.

I loved the Harrington pick too. I hope I'm as wrong about this year's pick as I was about Harrington.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look on the bright side -- He was only ranked 4th on the list, so there are 3 other guys ranked higher.

Detroit had a need at TE and they filled it. :L

Definitely right that they took a position they didn't need.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Colvin is Mayhew's ACL tear Sooner this year. Im calling my shot.

Is Colvin a 2nd round prospect? Not familiar with him. If he isn't a 2nd round pick, he doesn't count.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harrington just got too shell shocked because the O-Line could not block for him. He also never developed mentally at the pro level. He was physically talented, he just did not learn how to be successful at the pro-level and lost his mojo.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Noy will likely be there for us at 45 according to most rankings. I give it about 50-50 chance.

We on this board seem to like him better than many of the scouts. The AZ St kid is not bad either. Attaochu will certainly be there.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say with pretty much certainty. If you were dropping 11% of the balls in college -- when you now have a QB with a rocket arm, who likes to hang his targets out to dry sometimes -- That number isn't going to improve too much in the NFL.

Stafford is partially at fault for the Lions leading the league in drops by a landslide. Adding a TE who has issues with drops isn't going to help that much.

Amen

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thndr likes the pick I bet? Amirite?

I like Teddy, way better then that shit bum Bortles.

Home run pick for a team that was expected to start Matt Cassell.

Their defense will still be doggy doo doo as well.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Noy will likely be there for us at 45 according to most rankings. I give it about 50-50 chance.

We on this board seem to like him better than many of the scouts. The AZ St kid is not bad either. Attaochu will certainly be there.

50/50 chance he will be there. 100% chance Mini-Millen grabs best available wideout instead.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more like a 7.69% chance VanNoy will be there @#45... Mayhew will take someone graded out as mid 3rd round prospect in the 2nd rd, who has been significantly injured twice prior, has mental issues, smokes weed and chugs on his forty while driving 100 m.p.h. on a inter-state hwy as he passes a state trooper ., or twists up a blunt at a hotel and tries to dispose of the evidence in the hallway all while on camera... Did I miss anything ?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the Freep.... only Mayhew could spin shit the best

The Lions have talked about winning now and winning big under new coach Jim Caldwell and they said they wanted a first-round pick who could make an immediate impact. But tight ends don’t typically shine their first season, or two, in the NFL. Likely Hall of Famer Tony Gonzalez didn’t start his rookie season and only had four touchdown catches his first two seasons. Graham only started five games as a rookie with 31 catches.

But Mayhew expects big things right away from Ebron.

Oh, absolutely,” he said. “He’s an impact player, he’s a difference-maker. I think you’ll see that when he starts playing. I mean, this guy’s a playmaker. He’s a matchup nightmare as a tight end. He gives us something down the field. He’s a route runner.

Curiously, Ebron didn’t share Mayhew’s own vision of immediate impact.

“Um, man, that’s something that I really can’t speak upon right now,” Ebron said in a conference call with Detroit reporters. “I’ve got to get in there. I’ve got to go grind. I’ve got to go work hard and earn the respect of these veterans. And then my impact my will come along from there.”

“I would say this. Our defense, we were right in the middle of the pack last year in points allowed; we were 15th. Our offense was 13th in points scored. I think there’s this perception that there’s this huge gap between our offense and our defense. Not that big a gap. We’ve got some good players on defense that can make some plays for us. We felt like this guy is going to help us win football games, so we drafted him.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But tight ends don’t typically shine their first season, or two, in the NFL. Likely Hall of Famer Tony Gonzalez didn’t start his rookie season and only had four touchdown catches his first two seasons. Graham only started five games as a rookie with 31 catches.

That can be said about every position in the NFL

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry Sanders never ceases to amaze me.

He was able to announce that pick with a straight face.