• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Free Agency Discussion

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not know Brad Stevens went to C's...Interesting move

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Smith to the Pistons and not Rockets?

Dwight Howard already looking elsewhere.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons>Smith

I have a feeling you mean this, and you should. Both for any team and especially Houston. 1 of the reasons Dwight is so important is he can dominate in the paint. Josh is good in that area and closer to the rim the better, almost exponentially. You have Howard for that but if the opposing team can cram 4 in the paint with out repercussions he is worthless.

Parsons cost shy of $1m and can shoot 3s, Smith costs way too much and can't shoot.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling you mean this, and you should. Both for any team and especially Houston. 1 of the reasons Dwight is so important is he can dominate in the paint. Josh is good in that area and closer to the rim the better, almost exponentially. You have Howard for that but if the opposing team can cram 4 in the paint with out repercussions he is worthless
Parsons cost shy of $1m and can shoot 3s, Smith costs way too much and can't shoot.
Yup he's a better shooter, and doesn't kill a teams momentum by chucking up shot after shot. I'll bet he takes it to the rim just as much. Josh Smith is without a doubt a better athlete, but what good does that do when teams stack the paint and you have no jump shot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!

Pistons got Josh Smith. I thought he wanted to win.

Also Jarrett Jack went to the Cavs!!! Good pickup there.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Harris is back in Dallas. Next piece for Dallas might be Bynum.

Blazers got Dorell Wright, along w/ CJ Watson.

And Odom might be headed back to the Lakers. :lol:

NBA free agency news roundup: Mavs loading up on point guards as Devin Harris returns to Dallas - SBNation.com

Why would the Lakers even WANT Odom? That dude is DONE

Not sure how I feel about Harris. I'm interested in seeing what we do with Larkin. Harris has a tendency to lose focus especially on offense.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons got Josh Smith. I thought he wanted to win.

Watch him play and tell me he wants to win :D

I like what Dallas is doing, bring in the shooters then over pay for bynum...well I liked it before their big is going to be bynum.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch him play and tell me he wants to win :D

I like what Dallas is doing, bring in the shooters then over pay for bynum...well I liked it before their big is going to be bynum.

I can't see Bynum getting anything more than a 3 year deal MAX, probably less than that. He has to prove he's healthy and that he can contribute. I think the Mavs are better served re-signing Brandon Wright and Chris Kaman.

Bynum is only a quality add if he comes on the cheap and works his ass off. We still don't like him for that cheap shot he put on Barea in 11.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Howard to the Rockets this opens up for a HUGE FA market coming next year in 2014. Questions and rumors will swirl from now until next July. Who goes where? What is the next big bought dynasty team?

Melo to the Rockets?
Not a FA until the summer of 2015

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oden is less of risking taking than Bynum, bc you aren't expecting as much from him 20-25 mins a game. And you aren't paying him nearly as mich, if he does go down it is more expected. But these are mostly options for teams like the Heat or the Spurs that it won't affect as much.

I wouldn't mind the Cavs going after Oden. Bc they have bigs already, Varejeo, Thompson, #1 pick, and Zeller, so it wouldn't be a bad sign.

Psualltheway5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers could be a player in 2014 free agency. They are projected to have approximately $36 million in cap space in 2014...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Bynum getting anything more than a 3 year deal MAX, probably less than that. He has to prove he's healthy and that he can contribute. I think the Mavs are better served re-signing Brandon Wright and Chris Kaman.

Bynum is only a quality add if he comes on the cheap and works his ass off. We still don't like him for that cheap shot he put on Barea in 11.

Also Oden has showed he wants to work out and play, I do not get that feeling from Bynum.