• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Free Agency Discussion

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Howard to the Rockets this opens up for a HUGE FA market coming next year in 2014. Questions and rumors will swirl from now until next July. Who goes where? What is the next big bought dynasty team?

Melo to the Rockets?

The only issue here I see with Houston and their attempt to land another big FA next year is, it is Houston, what major all star wants to go to Houston? Yeah, Howard did, but he is a different fish. I don't see Melo wanting to live and thrive in Houston.

LeBron wont leave Miami, no need. He got his rings he doesn't need to go win a championship somewhere else.

Really interested to see where Melo goes, doesn't appear New York is doing shit to build around him there. Surprising considering it is NEW YORK and id imagine they should have tons of money. But with everyone going to Brooklyn and now Howard to Houston, seems NY just isn't aggressive enough to build something.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no franchise free agent out there, CP3 and Dwight are tied up, and Durant will stay in OKC. Lebron is the only one I can see getting out of his deal.

But for teams with a young franchise star, there is going to be some talent that gets to FA status. Most tho will get moved at the trading deadline, especially teams not in the playoff hunt.

Dwight was a rare situation where he truly got to FA status

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of pro athletes live in Houston during the offseason.

Melo, LOL I pitty the team who picks him up.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2014 class really isn't that great. There's going to be a ton of guys that get overpaid though.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one great players, and he is in a Heat uniform for one more year

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2014 class really isn't that great. There's going to be a ton of guys that get overpaid though.

John Wall
Tony Parker
D-Wade
Ray Allen
Klay Thompson
Kobe Bryant
Paul Pierce
LeBron James
Danny Granger
Paul George
Carmelo Anthony
Dirk Nowitzki
Zach Randolph
Pau Gasol
Tim Duncan

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can leave a lot of those players off the list for either not really being free agents or being really old.

If we were building a team where all of our players were going to be in the HOF in 6-8 years then the class is great though.

You have to be out of the league for 5 years right?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wall
Tony Parker
D-Wade
Ray Allen
Klay Thompson
Kobe Bryant
Paul Pierce
LeBron James
Danny Granger
Paul George
Carmelo Anthony
Dirk Nowitzki
Zach Randolph
Pau Gasol
Tim Duncan

Terrible class.

You have 8 guys 35 or older on that list.

This is what happens when you look at names only.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wall - never gonna hit free agency
Tony Parker - never leaving the Spurs
D-Wade - old
Ray Allen - old
Klay Thompson - Could be a good shooter. Not a franchise player.
Kobe Bryant - old
Paul Pierce - old
LeBron James - True franchise player
Danny Granger - always hurt. Not a franchise player
Paul George - I think he could be a franchise player. Highly unlikely he sees free agency.
Carmelo Anthony - I think he could be a franchise player and the one who moves on to a new home.
Dirk Nowitzki - old
Zach Randolph - not a franchise guy
Pau Gasol - old
Tim Duncan - never leaving the Spurs

Oh yeah a GREAT class. Plus doesn't Wade have like a 20 mil player option he will surely sign?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if your a team like Houston and want that title, there are some great names to pick up for a year or two, to get you that title. The way of the league now is buying your title, not building for it. So even with some of these guys being older, you get them for 2 years, try to win that title then lose them.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets are getting Josh Smith. They aren't going to be buyers for any big name FA's.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if your a team like Houston and want that title, there are some great names to pick up for a year or two, to get you that title. The way of the league now is buying your title, not building for it. So even with some of these guys being older, you get them for 2 years, try to win that title then lose them.

Unless they sign for the vet min, winning teams really aren't going to be buyers, as they most likely will not have cap space.

This is NOT a great class......its a very mediocre one.....There are a bunch of guys that will get much bigger deals than they should otherwise get.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a sick front court.

I do not think Dwight wants to be second fiddle at all though, least of all to LBJ.

I also doubt LBJ wants to play with Dwight although it is kind of sad because of hose great they could be together.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a sick front court.

I do not think Dwight wants to be second fiddle at all though, least of all to LBJ.

I also doubt LBJ wants to play with Dwight although it is kind of sad because of hose great they could be together.

Rockets have to be bringing someone else in. They aren't a contender right now.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets have to be bringing someone else in. They aren't a contender right now.

Agree and they are working on it I am sure. I really do not think Josh Smith is the answer tbh.

They will move asik and they should be able to get a lot of options from him.

Ya'll want ray Allen? Birdman^? Battier and Miller? UD? We will send you James Jones too!!!

I have changed my mind on Wade, I am becoming a true fan and truly (inconceivably) believe he will be healthy next year when they do not try to win 33 in a row.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and they are working on it I am sure. I really do not think Josh Smith is the answer tbh.

They will move asik and they should be able to get a lot of options from him.

Ya'll want ray Allen? Birdman^? Battier and Miller? UD? We will send you James Jones too!!!

I have changed my mind on Wade, I am becoming a true fan and truly (inconceivably) believe he will be healthy next year when they do not try to win 33 in a row.

I'm sure they will move Asik for someone. He is still a big guy who has some skill. Someone will trade for him. I'm not sure who they should go after. I know Ellis is a FA but I don't think he is the kind of player they need. They could make a move for Rondo, but he would take the ball out of Hardens hands. They could probably pull a guy like Danny Granger. Might even be able to pull Klay Thompson or Barnes not that they signed Iggy.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Asik's contract is awful...it was back loaded so he could not resign with Bulls as a restricted free agent. Not sure who would take him....

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL yea I saw that, did the same thing with Lin, it accomplished their goal but there is probably a reason that has not been done before.