• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Draft

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, like ATL, enjoy talking about draft picks and "playing GM". We know full well that it has nothing to do with what will actually happen. And in NO WAY do we think that our words carry any weight with the franchise, or anyone else for that matter. Neither of us are fans thinking we "know it all" and everyone should listen to us. I have posted with ATL for a few years dating back to the ESPN forums. We definitely don't concern ourselves over who knows the most about the Steelers, we simply just like to debate and give our input to one another. Isn't that what this site is about, sharing opinions/comments amongst fans? We know Mock Drafts from any of us, or analysts, or websites don't mean anything.

I definitely agree on the drafting though. During the Cowher years the team drafted much better than it has during recent years. Like you stated, we as fans can only sit back and hope that they get their shit in order! :suds:

Grayghost read something that wasn't there...no intent to offend at all...mocks are not for everyone...there are think they know it all types on a few boards, so I can see why he might think that, but no sir I don't have time for that...A fan before Brashaw...a true Steeler fan hopefully my olive branch was accepted.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he just ticked me off with this

Hey GG...that makes you a fan my friend...as to speculating on the draft...I was like you for years...

I took this as a insinuation that that I did not know what I was talking about ,,,,and I take exception at that and I have no problem with you hell you fit in like you have been here for years

Not intended that way at all...again my apology...I knew zero about college football a few years ago...now I follow it more...how that plays out in the draft, etc,,just pure guessing...I don't take it that serious.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yinz make me feel like a newbie with both of you seeing the Bradshaw era. I was born just after Terry retired and didn't really start getting into the game until the late 80's - early 90's when Noll was finishing up his coaching tenure.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yinz make me feel like a newbie with both of you seeing the Bradshaw era. I was born just after Terry retired and didn't really start getting into the game until the late 80's - early 90's when Noll was finishing up his coaching tenure.

lol................... pup

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol................... pup

benface.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS mock...

Ha'Sean (Ha Ha) Clinton-Dix, S Alabama

2014 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

BTSC writeup

2014 NFL Mock Draft: Steelers select Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - Behind the Steel Curtain

Hard not to like the pick with Clark on a one way ticket out of town. But the S position has some great depth this season so I would probably try for a DB/S in the 2nd round. I think PIT could easily land Calvin Pryor out of Louisville in the 2nd. Like always, I am going to stick with DL being the bigger need in the draft.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS mock...

Ha'Sean (Ha Ha) Clinton-Dix, S Alabama

2014 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

BTSC writeup

2014 NFL Mock Draft: Steelers select Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - Behind the Steel Curtain

Hard not to like the pick with Clark on a one way ticket out of town. But the S position has some great depth this season so I would probably try for a DB/S in the 2nd round. I think PIT could easily land Calvin Pryor out of Louisville in the 2nd. Like always, I am going to stick with DL being the bigger need in the draft.

I'm with you on the S in terms of depth...not a direct reflection on Clinton-Dix, but imo the DEF @ Bama this year was not the same caliber at any level...DL, LB or back 4, as I've seen in the past. Maybe that has me a little jaded with Mosley, and C-Dix @ 15, but I think both with be good pros.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else feel that the recent release of Foote is a good indication that PIT may take an ILB in the earlier rounds? Not to bash on Vince Williams, but without Foote in the fold their is a serious concern with depth. It also could mean that the coaches are ready to roll the dice on Spence!? I just read a report that he is healthier than ever.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now reports are surfacing that the Steelers might make a play for Finley in FA… I would much rather draft Ebron than take a chance on Finley. Finley's concussions would scare me off!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else feel that the recent release of Foote is a good indication that PIT may take an ILB in the earlier rounds? Not to bash on Vince Williams, but without Foote in the fold their is a serious concern with depth. It also could mean that the coaches are ready to roll the dice on Spence!? I just read a report that he is healthier than ever.

I think they were pleased enough with Williams progress that Foote was now expendable...Garvin is in the fold...if Sylvestor is not in their plans, depth is a real issue..If he his, I would be surprised if they go for Mosley in the 1st but wouldn't rule it out. Of course you mentioned Spence...the reports are positive there as well as you said as well...imo a sign they're more comfortable with the ILB position.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now reports are surfacing that the Steelers might make a play for Finley in FA… I would much rather draft Ebron than take a chance on Finley. Finley's concussions would scare me off!

The fact they're even thinking about Finley makes me think that Ebron is least on their radar....I think Finley needs to hang it up...I wouldn't take the risk if I were PIT either.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they were pleased enough with Williams progress that Foote was now expendable...Garvin is in the fold...if Sylvestor is not in their plans, depth is a real issue..If he his, I would be surprised if they go for Mosley in the 1st but wouldn't rule it out. Of course you mentioned Spence...the reports are positive there as well as you said as well...imo a sign they're more comfortable with the ILB position.

Yea I am not ready to give up on Williams or Spence. Garvin & Wilson were ST animals so their depth is invaluable at the moment. For some reason I forgot about Sylvester when I was originally thinking about it. Sylvester is probably one of the more valuable guys because of his experience (not to mention ST experience), but he can play OLB as well.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see pryor at S being there in the second, hes been shooting up the boards.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see pryor at S being there in the second, hes been shooting up the boards.

Definitely not... He's a better S than HHCD IMO. Pryor reminds me of Clark in a lot of ways, but is a faster version of him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that McShay's last mock had PIT taking HHCD... Flipped from his first mock of Nix. He is such a tard. All he does is looks at a team's top needs and then assigns the BPA. What an easy job... I doubt he even does the work "looking" into it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that McShay's last mock had PIT taking HHCD... Flipped from his first mock of Nix. He is such a tard. All he does is looks at a team's top needs and then assigns the BPA. What an easy job... I doubt he even does the work "looking" into it.

im hoping for nix in round 1

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be happy with Nix... But I also like the idea of taking Ellis (LA Tech) in a later round (3 or 4?). Only because I think using a 1st rounder on a position that we only put on the field maybe 40% of defensive plays isn't very smart. But the argument can be made that the NT position wasn't utilized as much because they didn't trust McLendon to anchor.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've been consistent, so I'm guessing you really think he'll be an impact player.

I'm still a skeptic that he can be, but obviously we need a NT so it's not a bad pick in that regard.