• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Draft

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's to hoping we don't have another one of these...

sweed.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason I say that, is I think the Ben rumor was planted (probably by somebody in his camp) to get more help. Not that I'm giving that much credibility but I wouldn't put it pass an agent.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't had a chance to see the kid play.. But if the stories are true then definitely. Love the height though!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't had a chance to see the kid play.. But if the stories are true then definitely. Love the height though!

I haven't either really...just a handful of snaps a few weeks ago...didn't know about him until then...if he has a good combine, he might go higher than I would like to take him, but 2nd rd grade seems like a go. I see a couple of draftniks have us taking Amaro, TE from TXTECH...I would welcome that pick, but Hageman DE/DT in rd 1 and this kid in round 2...I'm really liking as far as needs go.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could this be a steal pick?

Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

This guy is jumping up the early boards from maybe 3rd or 4th rd to a solid 2nd maybe late 1st round pick.

Robinson is going to decide whether he's staying or going after XMas break. It's fifty fifty right now. From what I understand, if he can go 1st or 2nd rd he will enter, if not he'll stay. His chances of leaving went down significantly when he was snubbed as a finalist for the Biletnekoff award. He has a phenom qb throwing to to him and if he stays another year, I guarantee everyone will know who he is. He was a walk-on...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson is going to decide whether he's staying or going after XMas break. It's fifty fifty right now. From what I understand, if he can go 1st or 2nd rd he will enter, if not he'll stay. His chances of leaving went down significantly when he was snubbed as a finalist for the Biletnekoff award. He has a phenom qb throwing to to him and if he stays another year, I guarantee everyone will know who he is. He was a walk-on...

His final draft status might not be determined until the combine. As of now...playoff teams like IND, SF (they have 10 picks I think),CAR at the bottom of the 1st are all in need of a big WR...worst case I see is 2nd round for him...I would come out and take the cash...probably working himself to the 3rd or 4th WR off the board.

As of Sunday play, PIT would be picking 10th thru 13th pending the tie breakers with STL, NYG, TN and TN. Too early for Robinson in the 1st....I would consider trading back for an extra 3rd or 4th to buffer what Gooddell is going to take.

If we stay in this range, Evans might be in the mix because 2 QBs, 2 OTs, Clowney, & Barr are probably going to be the 1st 6 players off the board. If Evans is gone, I think PIT will go after one of the big TEs (Amaro, or Ebron), or the big DE/DT Hageman.

I saw guys that I lobbied for on the espn forum like Da'Rick Rodgers (who went undrafted) making plays and we have Wheaton...not making plays. I hope this year they can finally find a WR with size that can play football!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will we finally find out whether or not they are taking the draft pick away? All I've read to this point is articles making claims without any facts. It's driving me crazy

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will we finally find out whether or not they are taking the draft pick away? All I've read to this point is articles making claims without any facts. It's driving me crazy

Canfora (sp) is the only one I've seen run with it...I do think it will happen, but probably will be a low key announcement right after the final draft position is established. We don't need to lose any picks, (I think moving up to get Shamarko Thomas cost the '14 3rd rd pick) so they need to hope the Wallace does indeed return the expected 3rd rd comp and Lewis a 5th.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canfora (sp) is the only one I've seen run with it...I do think it will happen, but probably will be a low key announcement right after the final draft position is established. We don't need to lose any picks, (I think moving up to get Shamarko Thomas cost the '14 3rd rd pick) so they need to hope the Wallace does indeed return the expected 3rd rd comp and Lewis a 5th.

Well it would be ridiculous if they didn't award us the comp picks for both of those guys. They both yielded huge contracts at their respective positions.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it would be ridiculous if they didn't award us the comp picks for both of those guys. They both yielded huge contracts at their respective positions.

I'm pretty sure those picks are locks...the 3rd and 5th round is what is expected...should not be effected by what ever pick gets yanked.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure those picks are locks...the 3rd and 5th round is what is expected...should not be effected by what ever pick gets yanked.

Definitely shouldn't! Well... As long as Colbert & Co. choose wisely. :pray:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching that Benjamin kid a lot this season and I've always been impressed. He has a great set of hands to go with his great athleticism! Not sure he will make the jump though. From what I've read he seems content to stay at only 22 years old.

Benjamin...I'm not suggesting they take him, but as a talent...he's in the mold of what PIT sorely needs imo. I think position wise we're going to be in the middle of the draft...currently 12th as of wk 15.

Most big board have Watkins as the #1 guy and Evans #2...that deep into the draft you never know who will be on the board, but if QBs go early and I think HOU and JAC are going QB and that could make CLE go QB...pushing the WRs down...ATL wants Clowney or Barr...STL is probably going OTs...point here is the board could have one of the big Hybrid TEs, one of the top 2 WRs, and possibly the #2 rated DT/DE all available for Colbert.

I'm not a big Watkins guy...he's faster than Evans and more or less a bigger version of A. Brown, listed @ 6'1"...still not that guy in the RZ I'm coveting, but I think he's better than Sanders.

Now...if you trade back with a team like SF who might want Watkins...pick up and extra 3rd rounder and take a Benjamin or a Allen Robinson late 1st....I think we're getting value.

The S, and CB in his mock I like a lot in terms of prospects.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McShay has his first mock out, has the Steelers taking Louis Nix at #12.
Louis Nix III
Pittsburgh Steelers (6-8)
COLLEGE: Notre Dame
HT: 6-3
WT: 340
POS: NT

Analysis: Nix might be a little bit of a reach here. He didn't have a great season in 2013 for the Fighting Irish, and when NFL teams get a look at a couple of bad tapes of his play (he didn't perform well against Michigan State, in particular) his stock could drop. But I still have a hard time seeing him fall out of the first round, given the way he dominated in 2012. With his size and the way he can move, he has the potential to be a very good player. If the Steelers are comfortable with his durability and work ethic, he could become their new Casey Hampton. Offensive tackle and secondary are two other need areas they could address here.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea...I saw it...I was on Nix earlier because PIT sorely needs a legit NT if they intend to stay as a 3-4 DEF, but McShay is not watching the games...just looking at needs.

On Nix...the guys that I trust think Poe was a much more NFL ready guy and many still were surprised he went in the top 10 and he plays all 3 downs a lot.

LeBeau has been in nickel or dime (meaning no NT in the game) nearly 70% of the snaps...I don't think Colbert can afford to take a 1 down player #1. This (taken out in sub pkgs) happened to Hamp a lot late in his career but I didn't realize it was to that degree.

I would love to have Nix, but not in the 1st round.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting getting more into the mocking spirit... More so just reading what some people are projecting for PIT. Aside from Evans WR & Nix NT (mentioned already), here are a few prospects with my thoughts!

Taylor Lewan, OT University of Michigan: PIT needs to figure out a long term solution to the LT position. I like what I have seen from Beachum, but lets be honest, he is nothing more than a stop-gap player that is better fit for the G or C position. Also, I'm not going to say that they are giving up on Adams, but from what we have all seen, he needs a lot of work! It's hard to see PIT investing a top 2 (possibly even 3) pick on an O-lineman because of how much they invested into their line already. It's a glaring possibility, but I would rather use the 1st rounder on a big WR (or ATL's TE thoughts), NT, or DB. As for Lewan, he is a very good talent, definitely 1st round worthy. Physical in the run game, and has shown a good skill set for pass protection.

Darqueze Dennard, CB Michigan State : I have only been able to watch this kid a few times but from what I have seen he is a great DB. He is very physical in man coverage, and a great tackler in open field. Reminds me a lot of Cortez Allen, only a little smaller (5'11" 195lbs). Only downfall to him is his speed. Unofficially he is running in the 4.5's and I would like to see him in the 4.4's at least. But he is a guarantee to be at the latest a 2nd rounder. He could be a great understudy for Taylor, should they keep him around another season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been in draft mode for quite some time now...OT...no doubt we're a OT short, I agree with you 100% on Beachum. My hangup with taking Matthews, Kouanjio or Lewan...all of these recent top OTs are not playing LT until their 2nd yr in most cases...MT wouldn't be wise to put a rookie or 1st yr starter at LT in front of Ben again. I think Adams will be the LT next year...learning experience was rough, but he came on and played much better at all positions (even some LT) late.

There are 3 or maybe 4 OTs going in the 2nd/3rd round that can be coached up to LT much like these guys will be. Richardson & James from TN both fit here.

CB...I like the choice, don't know if he would see the field enough next year if Ike returns. Kyle Fuller, from VA Tech I like a lot...saw him about 3 or 4 times this yr...big, physical, but can cover, good closing speed. I think he will be on the board in the 2nd. Even later 3rd or 4th rd...Jaylen Watkins from FL I think can be coached up to be a starter in a yr.

Mid 1st round...I'm looking for a playmaking...DL, WR/TE. Tuitt has the grade, but Hageman is the guy that seems to fit the power and finesse you want from a pass rushing DE in this scheme. Played over the C some as a DT, but can get to the passer. Picking 12 to 15...I think I would go with the TE/WR...if we dropped to 18 or so, I would probably take Hageman if Benjamin or Allen Robinson looked to be dropping into the 2nd.

Last edited by a moderator: