• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 draft thread

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little disappointed we didn't take Martin in round two, at least Hyde (lucky SF). However, it is a solid draft. Keep that talent in the DL and keep bodies fresh rushing the passer. Margus Hunt will work outside and inside and with Dunlap, Clarke and Gilberry, we have a very formidable DL rotation. Hill really is no different than Hyde, minus the rap sheet. Hopefully our strong team chemistry and good guys on the team rub off on Hill. They obviously valued Hill higher than Hyde even with his rap sheet. I trust they made a solid pick talent wise there.

I told you guys to get the F'n QB pick out of your heads, it is not goign to happen. Marvin already said Campbell is his backup no matter what, and if they chose a QB he would get ZERO snaps as a 3rd string, because he refuses to take snaps away from Dalton or his backup.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Logan Thomas in the 5th and let's get out of this nightmare of a draft

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck do the Bengals continue to refuse to acquire a good center? Anyone who remembers Paul Brown's first draft pick in the first draft in '68 knows that he's waiting for Mikey to pass on so he can slap him around again.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, can we stop talking about QB?
this staff is stuck on Dalton like a semi-cute girl friend.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck do the Bengals continue to refuse to acquire a good center? Anyone who remembers Paul Brown's first draft pick in the first draft in '68 knows that he's waiting for Mikey to pass on so he can slap him around again.

there's still around 4 or 5 centers they could end up taking.

it depends on what qualifies as 'good'
every center left in the draft is an upgrade from what we have.

guess I'm ok with the will clark pick
but it looks like we passed on some OT help to do it.
Marvin works in mysterious ways.
His ways are not our ways, and surpatheth our understanding, in Marv we trust (or we just root for the Browns, lol)

:L

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While PB was alive our centers included Bob Johnson, Dave Rimington, and Blair Bush, all probowlers at one time or another. Since he passed we have had turnstiles such as Ghiacuc and Cook. I thought when they released Cook they were finally going to target one of the top centers on the board. But instead they are obviously going with converted guard Pollack, who has never played center.

:what::what::what:

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While PB was alive our centers included Bob Johnson, Dave Rimington, and Blair Bush, all probowlers at one time or another. Since he passed we have had turnstiles such as Ghiacuc and Cook. I thought when they released Cook they were finally going to target one of the top centers on the board. But instead they are obviously going with converted guard Pollack, who has never played center.

I understand he can also play safety, or fullback.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollack was a center coming out of college, it was the colts who made him a guard

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollack was a center coming out of college, it was the colts who made him a guard

I stand corrected. After a little research I discovered he not only was a center his last two years at ASU, but was a finalist for the Rimington Award as a senior in 2007. Maybe he can play center in the NFL. At least he's not Cook, though I would still like to see them draft another option at center in case he doesn't work out.

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Nevermind, this topic has been discussed already.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching Draft Academy on ESPN 2 all morning. Jordan Palmer is going to make a hell of a coach some day. He's done great work with Bortles.

Did Jordan get a bad rap here? I'd prefer him to Campbell, I think.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mettenberger should be considered if he's still on the board.

I know the red flags.. back and knee issues, subpar mobility, tainted drug test.. Looking at the draft you can say exceptional skill position talent might have inflated his numbers too

But at this point I'd be willing to take a flyer on him. he excelled in an NFL style offense again SEC competition. He has a big time arm that can get the ball downfield to AJ Green.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I also love the WR depth in this draft. I would draft a couple today

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns get Desir. Fuck me. They crushed this draft.

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Both the Redskins and the Vikings had a better draft than that Bengals. I guess we know the influence Gruden and Zimmer had on the decision making. #sameoldbungles

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Both the Redskins and the Vikings had a better draft than that Bengals. I guess we know the influence Gruden and Zimmer had on the decision making. #sameoldbungles

This is a great point. Because of our limited scouting staff I think our coordinators have a huge say in the draft room.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am liking the Bengals draft quite a bit actually once I have a chance to sit back and look at it a little bit.

1) Best CB in the draft in my opinion in Dennard.
2) Best all around RB in the draft in Hill with tons of size at 6' 233 pounds.
3) Large DE with long wing span to knock down balls at the line of scrimmage in the shadows of Johnson.
4) Trade up to grab a center who is the strongest guy in the draft, and has some mobility in his first few steps.
5) A winning QB with some swagger, great leader, stronger arm, from a pro style offense and defense he practiced against each week.

So far, not the sexiest draft with the biggest names, but a very solid draft in my opinion. I am giving them a solid B so far based on needs and best available.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am liking the Bengals draft quite a bit actually once I have a chance to sit back and look at it a little bit.

1) Best CB in the draft in my opinion in Dennard.
2) Best all around RB in the draft in Hill with tons of size at 6' 233 pounds.
3) Large DE with long wing span to knock down balls at the line of scrimmage in the shadows of Johnson.
4) Trade up to grab a center who is the strongest guy in the draft, and has some mobility in his first few steps.
5) A winning QB with some swagger, great leader, stronger arm, from a pro style offense and defense he practiced against each week.

So far, not the sexiest draft with the biggest names, but a very solid draft in my opinion. I am giving them a solid B so far based on needs and best available.

I'm ok with it so far. I like Dennard, glad we got a Center and a qb