• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Sleepers: Make a case for a team not your own

Drewsagator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vandy,......Franklin kicks ass. Top 15.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Texas is the team who will surprise this season.......that is who I officially pick as my sleeper.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Texas is the team who will surprise this season.......that is who I officially pick as my sleeper.

I don't see how people could say they are a sleeper as they are loaded this season. Won't surprise me one beat if they are in the top five.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, let's not shit ourselves.......the cupboard is never empty for Texas. They pull in top recruiting classes each and every year.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, their coach is Mack Brown

hkv3elV.png

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-
I really liked TCU, but Davonte Fields getting suspended tempered that. Going to miss the first 2 games. This is not an A&M suspension. When Patterson says the first 2 games he means it. He wont changed the dates.

I think Baylor is the sleeper in the Big 12. Offense is jjsut a machine. It doesnt seem to matter who is QB. Seatrunk is a beast. OL has been quietly productive. They are sending guys ot the NFL there. Baylor is becoming a factory for NFL WRs. The defense is the question. They played reasonably late in the yr. If Baylor can field a mediocre defense, they can win a lot of games.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what "sleeper" means. Is a pre-season top 25 team a sleeper? And are we talking national title game or are we talking just a team that no one expects to be ranked who will have a good year (11-1) and be ranked at the end? Ala - Utah State last year?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the SEC I will go with Ole Miss. Lots of young talent, but Freeze did an incredible job last yr. Not sure there was a team in the country that made more progress over the course of the season. Not sure when the recruits hit their stride, but it is possible they do it earlier than expected.

18 returning starters. Tied for 5th in the CFB. Auburn -15, A&M - 10, Bama -13, Ark - 11, LSU - 13.. So Ole Miss will return the most experience.

Scored 26 or more pts in 11 of 13 games. (10 v Georgia and 14 vs Bama).. Averaged 35 pts in its last 4 games, including 35 vs LSU.. They can score. Montcrief is one of the best WRs you havent heard about

In OCt teams averaged 4.57 rushing against Ole Miss. From Nov to the end, teams averaged 2.78 yds per.

Its probably a yr or 2 early, but if Bo Wallace can limit his turnovers they can surprise

I don't understand the hype over Ole Miss, Codaxx. They beat NOBODY last year. Sure, they barely lost to some good teams (Aggy, LSU), but they didn't beat a ranked team and with the way our Horns handled them with ease (that game was over by halftime and Mack showed mercy by not dropping 70 + pts on them), I still don't see Ole Miss as a sleeper. I know they pulled in a top 5 recruiting class, but those guys are true freshmen and unproven. That's just my opinion. I think the Ole Miss hype will come to an end on Sept 14 when they come to Austin and Mack drops another 60 + pts on the Rebs.

I'm going with TCU as my sleeper. We'll see if Patterson is one of the best coaches in the country this year. He had the youngest team in all of FBS last year, playing 16 true freshmen last year. They get their pothead, coke head and alcoholic QB back in Pachall, who is a good QB if he can get his head out of his ass, so that is a plus. Losing Fields for the LSU game is detrimental, but it's just for that game. Patterson got a rude awakening last year in his 1st year in a big boy conference. I think the Frogs rebound and win 9-10 games this year.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a laid out a solid case why Ole Miss could surprise. At best they are ranked aroudn 25th coming into this yr. I was impressed by the turn around on the defensive side last yr. I think you are skewed by one game. Ole Miss played their worst game of the yr that day. After that pt Ole Miss steadily improved. I am not saying they are ready for the big time, but this is a nice long shot to surprise in the West and maybe get to the Cotton bowl. It is not likely, but that is why this thread has "sleepers" in the title

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, let's not shit ourselves.......the cupboard is never empty for Texas. They pull in top recruiting classes each and every year.

Yeah, but out of those top recruiting classes, maybe 3-5 guys actually pan out and live up to the hype.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a laid out a solid case why Ole Miss could surprise. At best they are ranked aroudn 25th coming into this yr. I was impressed by the turn around on the defensive side last yr. I think you are skewed by one game. Ole Miss played their worst game of the yr that day. After that pt Ole Miss steadily improved. I am not saying they are ready for the big time, but this is a nice long shot to surprise in the West and maybe get to the Cotton bowl. It is not likely, but that is why this thread has "sleepers" in the title

Yeah, I here you. We'll agree to disagree. For my SEC sleeper, I'm going with AU. The last time Malzahn was running the AU offense, he raped through the SEC defenses with ease. With him as HC, I think AU might actually get back to winning 8-9 games this year. They have 4 cupcakes in OOC (all at home), then I see them beating Arky, Mrs State, Ole Miss & Tennessee and then possibly wining their bowl game. Hell, they only play 4 road games, the schedule is in their favor.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I here you. We'll agree to disagree. For my SEC sleeper, I'm going with AU. The last time Malzahn was running the AU offense, he raped through the SEC defenses with ease. With him as HC, I think AU might actually get back to winning 8-9 games this year. They have 4 cupcakes in OOC (all at home), then I see them beating Arky, Mrs State, Ole Miss & Tennessee and then possibly wining their bowl game. Hell, they only play 4 road games, the schedule is in their favor.
-
I did not look at schedules. I hate ranking teams based on schedules. That is how you get ND in the title game.