• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Sleepers: Make a case for a team not your own

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I think this would be a good opportunity for all of us to learn a little bit about certain teams that you believe will surprise. If you can, give examples why you believe the team you are representing is a sleeper.

These are opinions. We have several threads where we can air out our frustrations on each other. Lets try and keep this one civil and as non homer as possible. Not saying we should shy away from picking teams within your favorite teams conference. But if someone picks a team that is a rival or a team you dislike, lets leave the bashing out of this thread if we can.

Lets learn something new today on some surprise teams.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like this may be a :badmin: thread.

Oh well. We have several new posters. Lets start fresh.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I think this would be a good opportunity for all of us to learn a little bit about certain teams that you believe will surprise. If you can, give examples why you believe the team you are representing is a sleeper.

These are opinions. We have several threads where we can air out our frustrations on each other. Lets try and keep this one civil and as non homer as possible. Not saying we should shy away from picking teams within your favorite teams conference. But if someone picks a team that is a rival or a team you dislike, lets leave the bashing out of this thread if we can.

Lets learn something new today on some surprise teams.

Up Yours!!!!!

:suds:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go with Auburn, and believe me I fucking hate saying that, but I believe they will be much improved this year.

Chizik was a very shitty head coach, the guy had players out of position, unconditioned, and just very badly coached. And talent is NOT the problem at Auburn, they just need coaching. I believe this new coaching staff will have the players in their correct positions, they will have them properly conditioned, and they will have them doing literally everything better than they did it last season.

I'm not gonna sit here and predict Auburn to go from 3-9 to winning 10 games, because they have to play Alabama, LSU, UGA, and A&M, pretty close to 4 guaranteed losses, but I believe they will be much improved and make a bowl game.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up Yours!!!!!

1325795244_angry_face.gif

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the SEC I will go with Ole Miss. Lots of young talent, but Freeze did an incredible job last yr. Not sure there was a team in the country that made more progress over the course of the season. Not sure when the recruits hit their stride, but it is possible they do it earlier than expected.

18 returning starters. Tied for 5th in the CFB. Auburn -15, A&M - 10, Bama -13, Ark - 11, LSU - 13.. So Ole Miss will return the most experience.

Scored 26 or more pts in 11 of 13 games. (10 v Georgia and 14 vs Bama).. Averaged 35 pts in its last 4 games, including 35 vs LSU.. They can score. Montcrief is one of the best WRs you havent heard about

In OCt teams averaged 4.57 rushing against Ole Miss. From Nov to the end, teams averaged 2.78 yds per.

Its probably a yr or 2 early, but if Bo Wallace can limit his turnovers they can surprise

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastern Michigan

I can easily see them winning 4 games this year

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the SEC I will go with Ole Miss. Lots of young talent, but Freeze did an incredible job last yr. Not sure there was a team in the country that made more progress over the course of the season. Not sure when the recruits hit their stride, but it is possible they do it earlier than expected.

18 returning starters. Tied for 5th in the CFB. Auburn -15, A&M - 10, Bama -13, Ark - 11, LSU - 13.. So Ole Miss will return the most experience.

Scored 26 or more pts in 11 of 13 games. (10 v Georgia and 14 vs Bama).. Averaged 35 pts in its last 4 games, including 35 vs LSU.. They can score. Montcrief is one of the best WRs you havent heard about

In OCt teams averaged 4.57 rushing against Ole Miss. From Nov to the end, teams averaged 2.78 yds per.

Its probably a yr or 2 early, but if Bo Wallace can limit his turnovers they can surprise

Good pick. They slipped my mind.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am intrigued by both Washington and Arizona in the Pac. Both bring back a ton of starters from last yr, 17 a piece. I think Washington has the higher ceiling here. PRice, Sarkey, and ASJ are all back. OL was really banged up last yr and that hurt them. 4 of 5 return there. If they can stay healthy I think this offense could hum. Wilcox did a great job on defense last yr. Talent has been upgraded. Schedule is not great, but this might finally be the yr the Huskies make good on their long predicted breakout.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am intrigued by both Washington and Arizona in the Pac. Both bring back a ton of starters from last yr, 17 a piece. I think Washington has the higher ceiling here. PRice, Sarkey, and ASJ are all back. OL was really banged up last yr and that hurt them. 4 of 5 return there. If they can stay healthy I think this offense could hum. Wilcox did a great job on defense last yr. Talent has been upgraded. Schedule is not great, but this might finally be the yr the Huskies make good on their long predicted breakout.
UCLA was a sleeper last year IMO lets see what they do this year even though if they do well they may not qualify as a sleeper but if they improve and Mora gets his system fully operational they could surprise on a bigger scale for sure.

I like them a lot better than Arizona and Washington always seems to blow up one way or another.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA was a sleeper last year IMO lets see what they do this year even though if they do well they may not qualify as a sleeper but if they improve and Mora gets his system fully operational they could surprise on a bigger scale for sure.

I like them a lot better than Arizona and Washington always seems to blow up one way or another.
-
I did not think UCLA qualified. They won the South Division. This is basically what POS team has a pulse.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say Maryland. They were a 4-8 team last year with 5 very close losses. Stefon Diggs could almost single-handedly keep this team in games. He's unreal. Plus, with this being their last year in the ACC, I could see them playing with a chip on their shoulder. I'm not calling for a conference title, but I could see 8-4 as a realistic ceiling.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say Maryland. They were a 4-8 team last year with 5 very close losses. Stefon Diggs could almost single-handedly keep this team in games. He's unreal. Plus, with this being their last year in the ACC, I could see them playing with a chip on their shoulder. I'm not calling for a conference title, but I could see 8-4 as a realistic ceiling.

I like this one...exactly what I had in my predictions

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually being sarcastic.

There is no reason that they shouldn't be able to run the table with all that experience they have and being in the ACC. But they were supposed to run the table the last 2 seasons and failed miserably, and now they are expected to again.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I did not think UCLA qualified. They won the South Division. This is basically what POS team has a pulse.
Kinda like who finishes second in the Big 12?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like last year when oregon state went from a 3 win season to a 9 win season. I'm sure someone in the nation will do something close, but that has to be kind of rare. I still think Arizona could have a break out season, but that's assuming they finally get some damned defense. Their offense is already to be feared.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like last year when oregon state went from a 3 win season to a 9 win season. I'm sure someone in the nation will do something close, but that has to be kind of rare. I still think Arizona could have a break out season, but that's assuming they finally get some damned defense. Their offense is already to be feared.

no sir, they won't

Rich Rod is there, the defense will only get worse

keep in mind in a few years at Michigan he turned their defense into something that gives up 63 points to Illinois

It's going to be interesting if Washington State plays Arizona in a few years, it might be a game of first to 100

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really seeing any "holy shit" type sleepers this season. The cream of the crop programs have been recruiting very strong over the last few years and I just don't think with the scraps that were left many of those weaker program are going to surprise anyone.

This is going to be a season where the Old Guard of college football reign supreme. I would also think the new money teams like Oregon and UL will be right up at the top.