• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Rookies

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Bray thinks the speed in college is the same as the pros. (To be fair, he does say, "about.")

The difference between NFL and SEC: "Not too different. The speed's about the same. The playbook is just a little bigger."

TJ Carpenter‏@TJCarpenterWHB4m
I'm as big an SEC advocate as there is, but Tyler Bray saying the SEC and NFL are the same speed is absolutely ridiculous.

Geoff Schwartz‏@geoffschwartz10m
@TJCarpenterWHB he has yet to play a game. He will learn.

TJ Carpenter‏@TJCarpenterWHB1m
He looked like I would expect a 3rd string rookie to look. What little we saw was unspectacular.

Bob Fescoe‏@bobfescoe56s
Bray also told me he chose the #chiefs over the jags and #dolphins because "Andy Reid gets QB's paid" #Chiefs

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bob Fescoe‏@bobfescoe56s
Bray also told me he chose the #chiefs over the jags and #dolphins because "Andy Reid gets QB's paid" #Chiefs

LMAO. I'm now a fan of Bray for keeping it real.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Bray thinks the speed in college is the same as the pros. (To be fair, he does say, "about.")

The difference between NFL and SEC: "Not too different. The speed's about the same. The playbook is just a little bigger."

TJ Carpenter‏@TJCarpenterWHB4m
I'm as big an SEC advocate as there is, but Tyler Bray saying the SEC and NFL are the same speed is absolutely ridiculous.

Geoff Schwartz‏@geoffschwartz10m
@TJCarpenterWHB he has yet to play a game. He will learn.

TJ Carpenter‏@TJCarpenterWHB1m
He looked like I would expect a 3rd string rookie to look. What little we saw was unspectacular.

Bob Fescoe‏@bobfescoe56s

I know the Schwartz guy said it already but, he hasn't played in an NFL regular season game yet. Practice has a professional feel to it no doubt, but it isn't the same thing.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Datone Jones - DL - Packers

Packers first-round RE Datone Jones is up to 295 pounds, and "looks every bit the part of a model defensive end for the 3-4 defense."

The praise comes from longtime Packers beat writer Bob McGinn, who's among the most respected in the business. Tipping the scales at 295 is no small matter after Jones weighed in at 277 in March. "(Datone looks) very good, very comfortable," coach Mike McCarthy said. "Definitely carries his pads." Jones is expected to open the season as the Packers' starting right end.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Jul 29 - 10:53 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Vikings

Coach Leslie Frazier has been impressed with first-round WR Cordarrelle Patterson through the early days of Vikings camp.

"If you were going to put together a receiver, he would look like Cordarrelle," Frazier said. "He has the vertical speed to get behind defensive backs. That won’t be an issue. That’s going to give us a dimension we didn’t have a year ago." Frazier also believes Patterson is "hungry" and "maturing" after questions about his character and on-the-field maturity dogged him in the run up to the draft. A raw prospect, Patterson's touches may have to be manufactured as a rookie, but we don't doubt he'll make something of them.
Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Jul 29 - 10:47 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vance McDonald - TE - 49ers

SI's Peter King believes 49ers rookie TE Vance McDonald "could get a very long look in the preseason."

King made the observation after taking in Niners practice on Sunday. McDonald supposedly opened camp behind Garrett Celek on the depth chart, but it shouldn't be long before he settles in behind Vernon Davis. McDonald consistently stood out in OTAs. An impressive receiver at 6-foot-4, 262 pounds with 4.69 wheels, McDonald could very much be a part of the solution as the 49ers look to make up for Michael Crabtree's lost production.
Source: Sports Illustrated

Jul 29 - 9:06 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zach Ertz - TE - Eagles

Despite missing all of OTAs due to Stanford's late graduation, Eagles rookie TE Zach Ertz has mixed in with the first-team offense in training camp.

He's assimilating quickly. Multiple reports out of Philadelphia have Ertz excelling as a pass catcher, shining on deep-out routes and separating from defenders. Ertz is unlikely to make serious fantasy noise in coach Chip Kelly's run-first offense, but has long-term appeal. He's a much better receiver than blocker.
Source: CSN Philly

Jul 28 - 10:58 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Justin Hunter - WR - Titans

After getting called out by Titans WRs coach Shawn Jefferson during OTAs, second-round pick Justin Hunter was ripped by SS Bernard Pollard during Saturday's training camp practice.

Pollard spent part of practice "blistering the ears" of Hunter, apparently for "his ability to come across the middle on pass plays," Said Pollard later, "We want you to produce. This team is expecting you to produce. So I think if we can get into his head now, Sundays will be a lot easier." Pollard claimed he was "just messing" with Hunter, but the rookie has now drawn the ire of a veteran teammate and respected position coach in a two-month span.
Source: Nashville Tennessean

Jul 28 - 4:23 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rod Streater - WR - Raiders

Rod Streater has been the Raiders' "most consistent" receiver early in camp, and the Oakland Tribune suggests he could "emerge as the go-to" guy for Matt Flynn because of his reliability.

Telling when your go-to receiver might be Rod Streater. Largely a possession guy at slot and Z receiver, Streater caught 39 balls for 584 yards and three TDs as a rookie. Deep threat Denarius Moore is far more talented, but far less consistent. Streater may actually be a superior match for Flynn's noodle arm.
Source: Oakland Tribune

Jul 29 - 4:03 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tyler Wilson - QB - Raiders

According to the Oakland Tribune, rookie QB Tyler Wilson "has had some rough moments" early in Raiders camp, "and is getting his feet wet."

Early camp reports have Matt Flynn and Terrelle Pryor pulling away from Wilson atop Oakland's depth chart. Per the Tribune, Flynn is the starter "and has done nothing to lose ground." We'll keep tabs on Wilson throughout preseason.
Source: Oakland Tribune

Jul 29 - 3:56 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eddie Lacy - RB - Packers

The Green Bay Press-Gazette confirms that Eddie Lacy "doesn't look fat."

An unflattering photo that made Lacy look like a cross between Shamu and 2012 Michael Turner made the rounds on Twitter Monday. It was just a bad angle. Recent videos of Lacy prove he's in fine shape and making quick cuts. The second-round rookie remains the favorite to open the season as Green Bay's early-down back.
Source: Mike Vandermause on Twitter

Jul 30 - 9:53 AM

Fat Eddie.jpg

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot of people were saying this kid was overrated during the season and before the draft:

Robert Woods - WR - Bills

Kevin Kolb lauded second-round WR Robert Woods following Monday's training camp practice.

"Stud. I mean, legitimately a stud," said Kolb. "I've bragged on him a lot in the last two days and really through camp. I mean, what I see from him, I've been with some really good rookie receivers. I mean some really good ones. The kid can run better than I think everybody gives him credit for." Woods has a firm grip on "Z" receiver duties, but he won't be a huge fantasy factor in year one.
Source: buffalobills.com

Jul 29 - 10:54 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dee Milliner - DB - Jets

Jets first-round CB Dee Milliner declared himself 100 percent recovered from offseason shoulder surgery.

Milliner, the No. 9 overall pick, signed his rookie deal Sunday, so he'll be ready to start practicing by midweek. He's not expected to go "full throttle" right out of the gate, but he'll immediately start pushing Kyle Wilson for No. 2 corner duties.
Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Jul 29 - 7:54 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darius Slay - DB - Lions

Rookie CB Darius Slay is soaking up first-team reps at Lions camp with Ron Bartell nursing a shoulder injury.

Slay is likely on the first team to stay. Per Lions.com, the nickel combo of LCB Chris Houston, RCB Slay, and slot corner Bill Bentley "has been very good" in practice and "the moment doesn't look too big for Slay." When Bartell returns, he may have to fight for a roster spot with Chris Greenwood and Jonte Green.
Source: detroitlions.com

Jul 29 - 7:14 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I liked this kid a lot as a prospect. He better get his sh8 together and go to work:

Joseph Randle - RB - Cowboys

Fifth-round RB Joseph Randle is battling UDFA Kendial Lawrence for reps early in Cowboys camp.

In other words, he's near the bottom of the depth chart. Lance Dunbar has reportedly "zoomed past" Randle, and Phillip Tanner "has been more consistent." Randle is far from a safe bet to open the season as DeMarco Murray's handcuff. "He makes mistakes, like all the young guys do, but he’s learning," said coach Jason Garrett, conceding Randle has "a long way to go."
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Jul 29 - 7:08 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Le'Veon Bell - RB - Steelers

Rookie Le'Veon Bell handled four of the Steelers' five first-team running back reps to end Monday's practice.

He carried the football on three of them. Of all the 2013 rookie running backs, Bell very arguably has the clearest path to playing time, even if he offers the least big-play ability. He projects as a potential first-year workhorse.
Source: Ed Bouchette on Twitter

Jul 29 - 6:00 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnathan Franklin - RB - Packers

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Bob McGinn projects rookie Johnathan Franklin to play 40 percent of the Packers' 2013 offensive snaps.

Eddie Lacy should hover around 50 percent, assuming he stays healthy. McGinn believes Franklin is in direct competition with John Kuhn -- not Lacy -- to be Green Bay's passing- and third-down back. McGinn also suggested Franklin could earn "spot" carries, probably as Lacy's change-of-pace complement.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Jul 29 - 5:45 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eddie Lacy - RB - Packers

Coach Mike McCarthy told reporters Tuesday the Packers have no concerns about Eddie Lacy's conditioning.

Twitter exploded Monday with 1-2 pictures of Lacy taken at odd angles that made him look heavy. In the NFL, out-of-shape players don't practice in camp. They're placed on the active/NFI list and work on side fields until their fit enough to practice. Lacy is a big boy, and he's practicing. "Going through the (conditioning) test, he was fine," McCarthy said of Lacy. "If we had any concern about any of our guys, they wouldn't be on the field."
Source: Ty Dunne on Twitter

Jul 30 - 1:44 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quinton Patton - WR - 49ers

49ers rookie WR Quinton Patton has been limited to non-contact drills by a broken finger.

It hasn't been a good summer for the parade of 49ers receivers fighting to start opposite Anquan Boldin. It's unknown when Patton might be cleared for contact, but it should be soon. It will only really be a concern if Patton misses preseason games. At least for the moment, Patton isn't looking like an appealing late-round flier.
Source: Matt Barrows on Twitter

Jul 30 - 3:40 PM