• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL DRAFT Baalke Bash Partie deux et trois

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a chance we can move up in the 4th round and possibly draft Lattimore? He can sit out the season and get heathier and stronger.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is there a chance we can move up in the 4th round and possibly draft Lattimore? He can sit out the season and get heathier and get stronger.

I wouldn't mind that pick I guess. But if we don't look at him, I wouldn't be disappointed either. If we do draft him, I would really hope and pray that we put him on IR and let him rehab for an entire year.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind that pick I guess. But if we don't look at him, I wouldn't be disappointed either. If we do draft him, I would really hope and pray that we put him on IR and let him rehab for an entire year.

Is there really any other option? The roster is so crowded that SF forces some players to play 2 ways.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're calling the guy for whom the Niners just traded up to the 55th pick of a very deep draft a "chump?"

The guy wasn't even good in college; how is he gonna succeed in the pros?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dahl will start when offseason programs start but I expect Reid to quickly take over that spot.

McDonald will get snaps but I see him more as a next year guy.

Carradine and Lemonier won't start or get a ton of snaps but if last year is any indication they'll still have significant contributions. Our starters up front on the defensive line take way too many snaps and it shows up at the end of the season because our defense's effectiveness drops.
Which is why being able to rotate guys in over the course of the games will be huge especially later in the season. I mean a huge factor in the Giants winning two Super Bowls was their deep defensive line that featured a lot of capable pass rushers and the ability to rotate guys in so everyone can keep those motors running high.

I'm fine with our draft class not contributing because it means your roster is already strong and the way to maintain success without skipping a beat is to draft need before it becomes a need and when it's time for the next man up the guy already has a season or two under his belt and ready to go.

I gotta disagree. Our defense struggled at the end of the year because of disabling inuries to the Smith boys.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Reid is penciled in as the starter at FS. McDonald should get a lot of reps as the second TE. And both Carradine and Lemonier should see action in a rotation. Man, this front-seven could be frickin' insane. Actually rotating our OLBs and DEs with talented depth? Look out league!

They sure did focus on pass defense and that is a good thing because we were horrendous at the end of the year and it all began with the failure up front.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They sure did focus on pass defense and that is a good thing because we were horrendous at the end of the year and it all began with the failure up front.

Day two looks good on paper, I agree it was a good day, but it could have been a much better day. Our front seven would have been much better had we not move up for Eric Reid.

Had we stayed, we could have gotten Cyprien for sure. Or there are those who believe we could have still gotten our guy Reid at 31. I don't know how true that is, so let's assume that Reid was gone by pick 31, we for sure could have gotten Elam or Cyprien at 31.

Then we would have still had our 3rd round pick, and that is where we could have stolen Demantre Moore with our first 3rd round pick. I think Moore is much better of an OLB than Lemonier.

I'm still mad about the Reid pick. We could have selected Patterson at that spot or Xavier Rhodes if we wanted to move up that high.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure I agree tubbs. Gabert is probably the worst qb in the nfl.

Barkley lacks the ideal arm strength but I think its kinda being blown out of preportion at this point. Its not like his arm is Leinart bad lol. If he goes to the right team I truly think he could be molded into a good qb. Not really a day 1 starter.

I agree hes not as talented as Mallett. But im also pretty high on Mallett, im really shocked nobody has made a play for him yet.

I crazy as it is to say I think he is getting punished by all the bad QB's that came out of USC.

I know all of the teams have their scouts etc but look at the last three. Palmer was decent for a bit never great, Lienhart hahaha, Sanchez even more ahahahhahaha.

There is something to be said for someone someone in collage that had all 5 star recruts around them verse a guy like Nassib, Flacco, etc that didn't have that and still found a way to win and perform.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder if the Cardinals aren't currently optimistic about Ryan Williams' recovery?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Miami (FL) RB Mike James to the Bucs after the Blount trade.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Miami (FL) RB Mike James to the Bucs after the Blount trade.

Back-to-back RBs with Rex Burkhead to Cincy. The one thing I notice about the average person when they talk about Burkhead is they don't give him enough credit with his moves and wiggle.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's a little note about Eddie Lacy from Rotoworld:

A team source tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette the Steelers "wouldn't touch" new Packers RB Eddie Lacy because his big toe "had been fused."
The Steelers were viewed as an ideal landing spot for Lacy because of their need at running back, but he apparently wasn't even a consideration. Two days removed from his surprising slide, we're starting to get a pretty good idea of why Lacy fell. His attitude turned teams off, but his 2012 toe/foot operation turned out to be a bigger concern than the draft community ever realized

Maybe that'll make ya feel a little better about the Packers getting him CP.