• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL DRAFT Baalke Bash Partie deux et trois

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Phuck you Ray. You gave us bad luck last night! Next year, you are banned from creating the inital draft thread.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Reid so I'm not tripping. This means Hunter is next. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you all go Hunt or Ertz.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Rang's 2nd round mock has us getting Hunter at 34 and Hankins at 61. That would make a lot of people on this board pretty happy.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maiocco's column

Ertz, defensive line among 49ers' Day 2 possibilities
April 26, 2013, 8:00 am

The 49ers are scheduled to have three picks Friday, beginning with the second pick of the second round. They wiped out their most pressing need Thursday by moving up to No. 18 overall to select LSU safety Eric Reid.

It is possible the 49ers can trade back from the No. 34 overall pick, as teams could be lining up to select a quarterback at the start of the second round.

Here is a look at the 49ers' needs and the top remaining choices at those positions:

Defensive line
The 49ers still need players for the front seven who can rotate onto the field to give much-needed rest to the pass-rushers who play virtually every snap -- Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks.
Top Available
Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, Florida State
Margus Hunt, SMU
Kawann Short, Purdue
Jesse Williams, Alabama
Sam Montgomery, LSU
Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State
John Jenkins, Georgia

Tight end
Delanie Walker, who played nearly 60 percent of the team's offensive snaps a year ago, left via free agency. Garrett Celek and Cameron Morrah are the only tight ends behind Vernon Davis on the roster.
Top Available
Zach Ertz, Stanford

Wide receiver
Three of their potential top five receivers enter the final years of their contracts. It's uncertain whether Michael Crabtree will be around past the scheduled 2014 expiration of his contract. And the 49ers really don't know if last year's No. 1 pick, A.J. Jenkins, will emerge.
Top Available
Justin Hunter, Tennessee
Keenan Allen, Cal
Robert Woods, USC

Cornerback
The 49ers got help for the secondary with the addition of Reid. They could use a bigger, more-physical corner. Also, starter Tarell Brown enters the final year of his contract, and Carlos Rogers must have a good season to warrant the salary increase he's scheduled to receive in 2013.

Jamar Taylor, Boise State
Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State
Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Connecticut
Darius Slay, Mississippi State

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter, Banks, or Tank. Don't fuck with me Trent.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hunter or Jonathan Banks or Alford Robert... In that order

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Tank at 34 and Rambo at 61. I am going with that. Reid plays SS and Rambo FS

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a huge instinct that the pick is Ertz. However, I had a huge instinct that Fleener was going to be the pick last year and was wrong.

Personal feeling aside, Hunter and Tank are the highest rated guys at our needs, and arguably the two best players available. I'd be stoked with either one.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think we are going to trade down...
"There are already teams that are calling us," York said, standing in the Marie P. DeBartolo Sports Centre parking lot, next to the stadium that was being constructed as he spoke. "We might be able to [move down and] pick up that third-rounder we just traded. And it's great going into the second day knowing we've already filled our biggest need."

Y! SPORTS

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnathan Cyprien - DB - Player

NFL.com's Albert Breer believes Florida International S Johnathan Cyprien could be "in play" for the Jaguars at No. 33.
The Jags should field no shortage of trade offers for the first pick of day two, but Cyprien is one of the draft's top remaining talents. Cyprien has been connected to the Bengals, who pick at No. 37.
Related: Bengals, Jaguars
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter
Apr 26 - 11:01 AM

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pissed would not describe how I feel if either of those two happen.

S/N how you like Cincy taking Eifert? I know you wanted a safety but I think you were high on Eifert as well.

Love the Eifert pick. We have to put weapons around Dalton. Since his deep ball isn't very good, Eifert is a much better option than Hunter or Patterson.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnathan Cyprien - DB - Player

NFL.com's Albert Breer believes Florida International S Johnathan Cyprien could be "in play" for the Jaguars at No. 33.
The Jags should field no shortage of trade offers for the first pick of day two, but Cyprien is one of the draft's top remaining talents. Cyprien has been connected to the Bengals, who pick at No. 37.
Related: Bengals, Jaguars
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter
Apr 26 - 11:01 AM

If the Jaguars take Cyprien and we don't get him I'm going to be extremely pissed.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoooooke on the waaaterrr

Last edited by a moderator: