• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL DRAFT Baalke Bash Partie deux et trois

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw a mock with 'em taking all 3 though! I'm beyond happy with this draft.

I'll be happy with McDonald if he turns out to be a dominant blocker. He has the size & strength to become one.

I know! Agreed on McDonald- one would think the coaching staff could improve that aspect of his game.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Front office and Harbaugh know they need a 2nd TE that can block. No way they draft McDonald if they don't think he can be just as good or better blocker then Walker. Might take a year or 2 but I think he will become just that

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I always wanted a player like McDonald for shorter yardage situations and in the redzone. I just wish he had better hands and wasn't so raw for where we picked him. Seems like he has a good head for the game as far as route running, and has good athletic ability. But he isn't a playmaker.

However, it's easy to argue for a TE being overdrafted over any other position on offense in that range. He should see a lot of snaps, where any WR, RB, O-Line etc. would have had a much tougher time even getting on the field.

In all honesty I'm thinking this pick eventually gets sacrificed to the draft Gods. I could see a future lower round/UDFA TE come in and take the job away. But it will be through that competition that we end up getting the good player.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we get any players who will contribute this season or did we completely whiff on the draft like last year?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wanted a player like McDonald for shorter yardage situations and in the redzone. I just wish he had better hands and wasn't so raw for where we picked him. Seems like he has a good head for the game as far as route running, and has good athletic ability. But he isn't a playmaker.

However, it's easy to argue for a TE being overdrafted over any other position on offense in that range. He should see a lot of snaps, where any WR, RB, O-Line etc. would have had a much tougher time even getting on the field.

In all honesty I'm thinking this pick eventually gets sacrificed to the draft Gods. I could see a future lower round/UDFA TE come in and take the job away. But it will be through that competition that we end up getting the good player.

Geez if they wanted a Tight End there were a lot out there. Why a chump like this guy?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we make a few more trade ups on Saturday. I mean we have no use for all these picks actually being used.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Did we get any players who will contribute this season or did we completely whiff on the draft like last year?

Dahl will start when offseason programs start but I expect Reid to quickly take over that spot.

McDonald will get snaps but I see him more as a next year guy.

Carradine and Lemonier won't start or get a ton of snaps but if last year is any indication they'll still have significant contributions. Our starters up front on the defensive line take way too many snaps and it shows up at the end of the season because our defense's effectiveness drops.

Which is why being able to rotate guys in over the course of the games will be huge especially later in the season. I mean a huge factor in the Giants winning two Super Bowls was their deep defensive line that featured a lot of capable pass rushers and the ability to rotate guys in so everyone can keep those motors running high.

I'm fine with our draft class not contributing because it means your roster is already strong and the way to maintain success without skipping a beat is to draft need before it becomes a need and when it's time for the next man up the guy already has a season or two under his belt and ready to go.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dahl will start when offseason programs start but I expect Reid to quickly take over that spot.

McDonald will get snaps but I see him more as a next year guy.

Carradine and Lemonier won't start or get a ton of snaps but if last year is any indication they'll still have significant contributions. Our starters up front on the defensive line take way too many snaps and it shows up at the end of the season because our defense's effectiveness drops.

Which is why being able to rotate guys in over the course of the games will be huge especially later in the season. I mean a huge factor in the Giants winning two Super Bowls was their deep defensive line that featured a lot of capable pass rushers and the ability to rotate guys in so everyone can keep those motors running high.

I'm fine with our draft class not contributing because it means your roster is already strong and the way to maintain success without skipping a beat is to draft need before it becomes a need and when it's time for the next man up the guy already has a season or two under his belt and ready to go.

yeah, this is reasonable. we shouldn't expect THAT much from a rookie class anyway.

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks these teams are nuts for letting Barkley fall this far? I despise USC but i really think he's a better prospect than all the QBs in this draft

I mean really, how can Jax justify not taking him yet. Gabbert is an absolute nightmare

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Am I the only one who thinks these teams are nuts for letting Barkley fall this far? I despise USC but i really think he's a better prospect than all the QBs in this draft

I mean really, how can Jax justify not taking him yet. Gabbert is an absolute nightmare

I agree. He's going to make someone pay. This is Ryan Mallet all over again.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I've warmed a bit to McDonald. I still think he was a reach where we took him, but I think he's a good fit. He's basically a slot TE and movement blocker with the size of an in-line guy. So he takes over Walker's role day one in terms of blocking. Frankly, given Walker's drops last year, he's probably not much worse in terms of receiving, and should be more of a red zone threat due to his height. Get Vernon to work with him on his hands - not because Vernon has great hands, but because he has improved them so much - and he has a few years to work on in-line blocking before we may need him to take over as the #1 TE.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Obviously Reid is penciled in as the starter at FS. McDonald should get a lot of reps as the second TE. And both Carradine and Lemonier should see action in a rotation. Man, this front-seven could be frickin' insane. Actually rotating our OLBs and DEs with talented depth? Look out league!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley doesn't have the game to play in the NFL. He is no where near as talented as Mallett. Sadly, I'm not sure he is as talented as Gabbert.

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure I agree tubbs. Gabert is probably the worst qb in the nfl.

Barkley lacks the ideal arm strength but I think its kinda being blown out of preportion at this point. Its not like his arm is Leinart bad lol. If he goes to the right team I truly think he could be molded into a good qb. Not really a day 1 starter.

I agree hes not as talented as Mallett. But im also pretty high on Mallett, im really shocked nobody has made a play for him yet.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've warmed a bit to McDonald. I still think he was a reach where we took him, but I think he's a good fit. He's basically a slot TE and movement blocker with the size of an in-line guy. So he takes over Walker's role day one in terms of blocking. Frankly, given Walker's drops last year, he's probably not much worse in terms of receiving, and should be more of a red zone threat due to his height. Get Vernon to work with him on his hands - not because Vernon has great hands, but because he has improved them so much - and he has a few years to work on in-line blocking before we may need him to take over as the #1 TE.

Crims, some reaches are good. This is one of them. I agree with you, I booed the pick, but not an angry / malicious boo per se. It feels a huge need since we run so many two TE sets.

A good reach...For instance, Tavon Austin (giving up a lot). Patterson (giving up a lot). Julio Jones (giving up a lot).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really liked what Baalke did last night. He PUT IN WORK!!!
He put 'em (cards/rams/hawks) in the dirt!

...I be out tomorrow, My GM's (Baalke) Jewish. He work hard, He pUt iN wOrK!, He put in Work-got these teams going Bezerk:

Last edited by a moderator: