• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Free Agents

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tramaine Brock CB RFA
Leonard Davis G UFA
Ted Ginn Jr. WR UFA
Dashon Goldson S UFA
Tavares Gooden LB UFA
Larry Grant LB UFA
Clark Haggans LB UFA
Ricky J Francois DE UFA
Darcel McBath S UFA
Isaac Sopoaga DT UFA
Delanie Walker TE UFA
Ian Williams DT RFA

Who do you guys think we need to resign and who will we lose?

I would love to see us work a long term deal with Goldson and RJF, Would be nice to keep Larry Grant but I think he will test the waters and look for a higher paying starting gig.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resign Goldson and Francois

Last edited by a moderator:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gooden

Grant (depending on $)

Francios

Williams (depending on draft)

Goldson (depending on draft strategy)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sopoaga & RJF are at the top of my list for those guys. Neither one is looking at a huge pay day.

Goldson is as good as gone IMO. I don't want Walker back for what he's worth on the FA market. Ginn? Not sure. He's regressed since last year. Here are some of the players I think could be gone:

Alex, Goldson, Whitner, Walker, Manningham, Akers, Haralson

It would be tough losing both starting safeties, but both are pretty expensive.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sopoaga & RJF are at the top of my list for those guys. Neither one is looking at a huge pay day.

Goldson is as good as gone IMO. I don't want Walker back for what he's worth on the FA market. Ginn? Not sure. He's regressed since last year. Here are some of the players I think could be gone:

Manningham isn't due much is he?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He is a 4.95 hit to the cap - very reasonable for what he brings to the table. He's a nice compliment to Crabtree

1 million of that is signing bounus, so I think the Niners take that hit regardless of whether he's on the team or not.

You think he's worth a 5 million dollar cap hit? I think that's a little steep for a player of his caliber.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 million of that is signing bounus, so I think the Niners take that hit regardless of whether he's on the team or not.

You think he's worth a 5 million dollar cap hit? I think that's a little steep for a player of his caliber.

Correct on the $1m. As for his value, yeah, all things considered I think $5m is okay. That said, I have no argument with your position and you could very well be correct. From a personal perspective I do like the way he plays; he is a good WR.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manningham will not be gone he has been reliable

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't want Walker back for what he's worth on the FA market. Ginn? Not sure. He's regressed since last year. Here are some of the players I think could be gone:

Jared Cook and Dustin Keller would be my targets this offseason to replace Walker. My plan B would be the NFL draft.

Walker coming out of college was a WR. We did a very good job in developing him to be a weapon for us as a#2 TE. He's very unreliable but a threat nonetheless. Because of the success we have had with him, I wouldn't mind if Baalke would take that same approach this year by drafting a college WR and then transition/develop him to be a TE. One prospect I have in mind to fulfill this task would be V-Tech's Marcus Davis. I have a feeling he would do well in that role.

I think in the College/NFL draft thread Pozz had announced that Arkansas's TE, Chris Gragg, was invited to the Senior Bowl. If so I will be keeping a very close eye on him.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After Alex leaves, the $8 to $9 million cap hit we'll save means we can probably bring back anybody we want to: Goldson, Sop, Manningham should be back.

But with all those draft picks I think it's time to get some younger guys as backups. Ginn, Walker, Gooden, Leonard Davis etc. could all be replaced by rookies so at least you have some upside there.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I can't see both Goldson and Whitner being gone. One or the other I could see though.

Ginn is gone

Alex is gone

Haralson is gone

Akers will depend on if he can regain his 2011 form but I'm expecting the team to use one of it's many late draft picks on a kicker to bring in competition

Walker will depend on the price but I think the team would like him back

Manningham I expect back since I believe the offseason focus is going to work on evolving our passing attack with CK at the helm so I see him getting used more next season. I think we'll see Crabtree and Mario as starters, Jenkins at 3, and Moss and Williams working their way into the rotation.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see both Goldson and Whitner being gone. One or the other I could see though.

Ginn is gone

Alex is gone

Haralson is gone

Akers will depend on if he can regain his 2011 form but I'm expecting the team to use one of it's many late draft picks on a kicker to bring in competition

Manningham I expect back since I believe the offseason focus is going to work on evolving our passing attack with CK at the helm so I see him getting used more next season. I think we'll see Crabtree and Mario as starters, Jenkins at 3, and Moss and Williams working their way into the rotation.

Akers is gone next season. The only reason he's still around is because it's so hard to find a kicker from off the streets at midseason that's better than what he's doing. At least with him we can hang onto last season and this season's 63 yarder.

I hoping we use one of those late picks on Dustin Hopkins, Senior, Fla St.

***My fault, I replied after reading that one sentence. Disregard

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ginn is gone

Alex is gone

Haralson is gone

i wouldn't mind seeing us draft a couple safeties to replace goldson and whitner. mcdonald and reid look like good fits for our d. we'd save a ton in cap space between those two and smith getting cut.