• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 College Football season predictions

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is some good stuff man. Thanks for all the work and analysis. :suds:

you're welcome sir, I won't how much of this I will actually get right LOL!!

will be fun to bump this thread at the end of the year.

I was going to make an end of regular season top 25, but then realized the AAC and Big 12 teams play during conference championship week :L

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're welcome sir, I won't how much of this I will actually get right LOL!!

will be fun to bump this thread at the end of the year.

I was going to make an end of regular season top 25, but then realized the AAC and Big 12 teams play during conference championship week :L

How long did it take you to do your homework?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like Washington won't be suspending anyone, so I have them beating Boise State now, and Boise State beating Utah State

9-3 for my Huskies this year. Hope so. :hope:

But BSU can beat us. You got an amazing coach. Nothing set in stone on that W.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long did it take you to do your homework?

Took me quite a while, didn't keep track

read a lot of non-espn sites, and read Phil Steele's magazine, got a lot of my random facts from there, he has a lot of info.

basically I took in the information I was given, plus what I know, to make my predictions

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-3 for my Huskies this year. Hope so. :hope:

But BSU can beat us. You got an amazing coach. Nothing set in stone on that W.

oh for sure, while I didn't predict it here, I'm still expecting us to win it! It will be a very good game though, both teams will have to play their best

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could only access SportsHoopla through my phone this past week so I haven't done anything for this

here's my conference championship predictions

SEC

Alabama Crimson Tide 11-1(7-1) 34 vs Georgia Bulldogs 11-1(7-1) 28 - Picking Alabama for this one, there's a lot of trends such as preseason number one curse in both national and SEC rankings that say Alabama won't win it this year, but it is really difficult to pick against them, 34-28 sounds like a high score for an SEC game, but Alabama has a good offense playing against Georgia's questionable defense, Georgia's high powered offense will definitely put up some points too though.

Pac-12

Stanford Cardinal 11-1(8-1) 27 vs UCLA Bruins 7-5(5-4) 13 - UCLA picks up momentum late in the year to win the Pac-12 North, but won't win this one, Stanford is too good.

Big 10

Ohio State Buckeyes 12-0(8-0) 62 vs Nebraska Cornhuskers 11-1(7-1) 24 - Nebraska couldn't come close to stopping Ohio State last year, I suspect more of the same this year.

ACC

Clemson Tigers 9-3(7-1) 27 vs Virginia Tech Hokies 10-2(7-1) 17 - Virginia Tech is improved, but it's tough to see them winning over Clemson.

MWC

Fresno State Bulldogs 10-2(6-2) 17 vs Boise State Broncos 10-2(8-0) 38 - This should be one of the better games Boise State plays this year

MAC

Toledo Rockets 10-2(7-1) 28 vs Bowling Green Falcons 10-2(7-1) 31 - Toss up for this one, so I'll look at it with a little homerism and give Bowling Green the edge.

Conference USA

Marshall Thundering Herd 9-3(7-1) 45 vs Rice Owls 8-4(7-1) 38 - No real idea who to pick for this one, but Tulsa was the first team from the West division to win the conference championship in several years, don't know why but the East always seems to win the conference championship, with that, Marshall gets the edge.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL@ me bolding the scores for the first game and not the rest

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part is for fun more than anything, my attempt at predicting the top 25 at season's end under my predictions

1. Ohio State 13-0
2. Alabama 12-1
3. Stanford 12-1
4. Oregon 11-1
5. Wisconsin 10-2
6. Texas A&M 10-2
7. South Carolina 10-2
8. Georgia 11-2
9. TCU 9-3
10. Oregon State 10-2
11. Louisville 11-1
12. Florida 10-2
13. Nebraska 11-2
14. Oklahoma State 9-3
15. Clemson 10-3
16. Northern Illinois 11-1
17. Texas 9-3
18. Boise State 10-2
19. Kansas State 9-3
20. Notre Dame 8-4
21. Virginia Tech 10-3
22. Baylor 9-3
23. Northwestern 9-3
24. Washington 9-3
25. Cincinnati 10-2

Florida State is the first team out at 9-3.

some notes

This is based on how the polls vote, Wisconsin is the highest ranked two loss team because both their losses come early, apparently that matters to the polls, I don't know why.

Up next is the bowl game predictions

One thing I will point out Northern Illinois in 16th would be the mid-major qualifier, IF they had won their conference, unfortunately for them since their loss went to a team that also had one loss in the conference they lose the tiebreaker for their division, so without the conference title it's safe to say Northern Illinois will not be selected to a BCS bowl.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you see Michigan finishing?

EDIT: I also see no possible way TCU is 9th with a 9-3 record, especially since you have LSU unranked.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska 10-2

Nebraska goes 10-2 and backs into the B1G Championship, when Ohio State beats Michigan. The first time I have ever predicted a Pelini Cornhusker team to be ten wins or more.

Ohio State mocks Nebraska in the B1G CG. Nebraska 10-3.

Nebraska still might draw a crowd to the Outback Bowl.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you see Michigan finishing?

EDIT: I also see no possible way TCU is 9th with a 9-3 record, especially since you have LSU unranked.

I have them 8-4 I believe, they start out strong, but I'm not bought on Gardner for a full season I feel like he might struggle once defenses figure him out so Michigan finishes losing games late in the year.

TCU rises up the polls late when it starts to appear that they will win the Big 12, it usually happens with a team about to win an AQ conference other than the Big East, I don't know why, it just does.

I forgot to rank LSU, there's too many dadburn rankable teams :L

Panthera tigris Bob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them 8-4 I believe, they start out strong, but I'm not bought on Gardner for a full season I feel like he might struggle once defenses figure him out so Michigan finishes losing games late in the year.

TCU rises up the polls late when it starts to appear that they will win the Big 12, it usually happens with a team about to win an AQ conference other than the Big East, I don't know why, it just does.

Became a little suspicious after seeing Ole Miss ahead of LSU...

Uh, tRebels brought in a nice recruiting class and all, but generally speaking you see the fruits of that a year or two down the road, not right away.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh, tRebels brought in a nice recruiting class and all, but generally speaking you see the fruits of that a year or two down the road, not right away.

Yeah, but LSU is gonna be fuckin horrible this year. Their defense will be decent but that offense is a dumpster fire.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but LSU is gonna be fuckin horrible this year. Their defense will be decent but that offense is a dumpster fire.

I'd love to see that LSU "dumpster fire" of 5 and 4 Star athletes with "humble 3 Star athlete mentalities" under coach Petes system. How are you "fuckin horrible" with those kids if they want to learn and win?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see that LSU "dumpster fire" of 5 and 4 Star athletes with "humble 3 Star athlete mentalities" under coach Petes system. How are you "fuckin horrible" with those kids if they want to learn and win?

Well their defense was picked apart by the draft, and their offense is led by one of the worst QBs in the SEC. Not only were they looking at a struggle on offense at season's end, but then Hill gets into his legal trouble and he should definitely not be suiting up again if Miles has any integrity.

To be fair, while I'm sure Petersen could do well with these kids, I'm sure they'd be pretty fantastic playing against 90% of the teams on Boise's schedule.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talk a little more about Gardner. What about him do you think is going to be "figured out", and who do you have them losing to?

TCU may win the Big 12, but that's not going to be that impressive of a feat this year. Depending on who you have them losing to, they'll have at best one top-15 win. That is not enough for a 9-3 team that doesn't have a CCG to move up into the top 10, especially not ahead of teams like Nebraska, Florida, Louisville and especially Clemson.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ole Miss over LSU is actually more of an upset I picked, but it does motivate Ole Miss enough so they can finish off the easier stretch of the their schedule strong, LSU is behind them in the standings due to the tiebreaker, LSU does play a tougher SEC schedule than Miss.

Talk a little more about Gardner. What about him do you think is going to be "figured out", and who do you have them losing to?

TCU may win the Big 12, but that's not going to be that impressive of a feat this year. Depending on who you have them losing to, they'll have at best one top-15 win. That is not enough for a 9-3 team that doesn't have a CCG to move up into the top 10, especially not ahead of teams like Nebraska, Florida, Louisville and especially Clemson.

For the most part of what I've seen from Gardner, it seems like the defenses don't know his tendencies yet, I don't know how he's going to play once those defenses know what he tends to do in situations. Michigan State, Northwestern and an upset to Iowa, all on the road. Michigan State's defense stops Michigan's offense, Northwestern outscores Michigan and Iowa plays a lot better at home this year I predict, I also predict the Michigan win saves Ferentz's job for another year.

I'm trying to predict on the poll tendencies, Nebraska, Florida, Louisville and Clemson all lose later than TCU does. It's stupid how that works, but it does work that way.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss over LSU is actually more of an upset I picked, but it does motivate Ole Miss enough so they can finish off the easier stretch of the their schedule strong, LSU is behind them in the standings due to the tiebreaker, LSU does play a tougher SEC schedule than Miss.

For the most part of what I've seen from Gardner, it seems like the defenses don't know his tendencies yet, I don't know how he's going to play once those defenses know what he tends to do in situations. Michigan State, Northwestern and an upset to Iowa, all on the road. Michigan State's defense stops Michigan's offense, Northwestern outscores Michigan and Iowa plays a lot better at home this year I predict, I also predict the Michigan win saves Ferentz's job for another year.

I'm trying to predict on the poll tendencies, Nebraska, Florida, Louisville and Clemson all lose later than TCU does. It's stupid how that works, but it does work that way.

That isn't a poll tendency, though. There's only been one 9-3 team in the top 10 going into bowl season in the last decade. When you have Clemson also winning their conference (one that will arguably be as tough as the Big 12 this year), and having an extra win, it's hard to see a 9-3 team being ranked ahead of them.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't a poll tendency, though. There's only been one 9-3 team in the top 10 going into bowl season in the last decade. When you have Clemson also winning their conference (one that will arguably be as tough as the Big 12 this year), and having an extra win, it's hard to see a 9-3 team being ranked ahead of them.

For one ACC is not as tough as the Big 12, and in my predictions there's 5 ranked Big 12 teams in comparison to 2 from the ACC. Logically still Clemson would be considered the better team than TCU, but the polls aren't logical.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For one ACC is not as tough as the Big 12, and in my predictions there's 5 ranked Big 12 teams in comparison to 2 from the ACC. Logically still Clemson would be considered the better team than TCU, but the polls aren't logical.

I'm not saying it will be tougher, but I don't see the Big 12 being much tougher than them this year. I'm thinking we'll have to just agree to disagree, but I'd be willing to put money on there not being a 9-3 team in the final regular season top 10, especially with 2 other conference champs behind them with better records, one by 2 games and the other with the additional conf champ game.