• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 College Football season predictions

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying it will be tougher, but I don't see the Big 12 being much tougher than them this year. I'm thinking we'll have to just agree to disagree, but I'd be willing to put money on there not being a 9-3 team in the final regular season top 10, especially with 2 other conference champs behind them with better records, one by 2 games and the other with the additional conf champ game.

I think that's best sir, not really worth arguing anyways, poll was just a for fun portion of the predictions

Bowls will be up next

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's best sir, not really worth arguing anyways, poll was just a for fun portion of the predictions

Bowls will be up next

Honest question - do you think TCU would beat Clemson or Louisville?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson no, Louisville yes

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me straighten a few things out for everybody......

Thee Huskerz are #1

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with the problems at Ohio State I'm going to have to make changes, new Big 10 predictions when i get home from work tonight

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with the problems at Ohio State I'm going to have to make changes, new Big 10 predictions when i get home from work tonight

Wouldn't put much stock in it. We're loaded at RB, and unless the Roby situation is worse than what's being let on, he should be back by conference play.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't put much stock in it. We're loaded at RB, and unless the Roby situation is worse than what's being let on, he should be back by conference play.

yeah I don't think I'll change it, looks like neither is as bad as suspected, if Roby isn't back by the Northwestern game Ohio State might have trouble there, but that's about it, I think they still get past Wisconsin at home either way.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Bowl Prediction time

Starting from the first bowl and ending with the BCS title game.

Week one

New Orleans Bowl Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin Cajuns vs Tulane Green Wave - this bowl is thrilled with the matchup they get, the Sun Belt is a 3 way tie between UL-Lafay, WKY and ULM, Louisiana-Lafayette has brought big crowds to this game the past two years, so they pick them in a heartbeat, from Conference USA they get a choice between 7-5 and 6-6 teams, one of them is Tulane, who is basically the home team, so they pick them quickly too.

New Mexico Bowl Nevada Wolfpack vs Arizona Wildcats - this matchup looks familiar, last year these two played one of the most thrilling games of the bowl season, Arizona gets picked for this bowl as the 7th Pac team, then the bowl is left to choose from 7-5 and 6-6 MWC teams, it goes with Nevada to make a rematch of last year's matchup.

Las Vegas Bowl Boise State Broncos vs USC Trojans - Las Vegas bowl gets a good one, this bowl has gotten Boise State the past few years now, and it's gotten more publicity than ever, but this might be the most watched one yet, Boise State falls two spots short of a BCS bowl in the polls, while USC goes 7-6, this is the highest bowl it can be picked in because Arizona State will be picked in the Sun Bowl. As a Boise State fan if we don't make a BCS bowl this is the matchup I want.

Idaho Potato Bowl Utah State Aggies vs Toledo Rockets - From the Mwc Utah State will draw the most attendance of the teams that are available/eligible, while Toledo is the most interesting as the Mac West division winner with a win over Missouri, they barely beat out Ohio and Ball State for this spot.

Beef O'Brady's Bowl South Florida Bulls vs Rice Owls - The Beef O'Brady's bowl takes the home team from the AAC in South Florida, then picks up CUSA title loser Rice, as none of the 7-5 CUSA teams are appealing enough to not pick them.

Hawai'i Bowl San Diego State Aztecs vs East Carolina Pirates - When Hawai'i is not bowl eligible this bowl is in a tough spot as it's hard to find teams with fans that will travel this far, they pick San Diego State from the MWC as they figure to travel the best, ECU is 8-4 from CUSA, none of the other CUSA teams figure to travel better so they pick them.

Poinsetta Bowl Fresno State Bulldogs vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish - this bowl surprisingly gets a very nice matchup, it can't pick San Diego State, so it goes with Fresno State the 2nd place MWC team, Notre Dame doesn't make a BCS bowl and doesn't have another conference to steal bids from until next year so they get screwed over pretty badly, they get to choose between playing Fresno State, Indiana, or Bowling Green, this seems most appealing.

Little Caesar's bowl Bowling Green Falcons vs UL-Monroe Warhawks - Bowling Green wins the Mac so they end up here, the bowl is then forced to pick between a pool of At-Large's none of which offer a lot of fans that will travel here or they're from the same league, so the bowl picks the best matchup which is a UL-Monroe team who ties for the Sun Belt crown.

Texas Bowl Texas Tech Red Raiders vs Minnesota Golden Gophers - This matchup looks familiar, they played each other here last year, Texas Tech finishes 7th in the Big 12 this year, but 2 made a BCS bowl so they take the 6th slot here, Minnesota is picked over Indiana for this spot.

Military Bowl Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs Tulsa Golden Hurricane - Georgia Tech has a pretty mediocre year and ends up here, Tulsa is below their usual standard at 6-6 but they still get picked to a bowl.

Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl UCLA Bruins vs BYU Cougars - UCLA loses out to Arizona State in the Sun bowl and USC in the Vegas bowl so they end up here, BYU is in this bowl if they're bowl eligible.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre New Year's bowls

Russell Athletic Bowl Cincinnati Bearcats vs Virginia Tech Hokies - Cincinnati ends up here as the 2nd AAC team, while Virginia Tech is the 3rd ACC team and ends up here again despite their improvement from last year.

Pinstripe Bowl West Virginia Mountaineers vs Houston Cougars - West Virginia returns to where they were blown out a year ago, they were the last eligible Big 12 team, Houston finishes 3rd in the AAC but Rutgers gets picked ahead of them, leaving the pinstripe to pick them.

Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl Kansas State Wildcats vs Northwestern Wildcats - the battle of the purple themed Wildcats, both teams have very successful years and finish in the top 25, they do see teams that they were above get picked over them as neither has overly large fanbases.

Belk Bowl Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs North Carolina Tar Heels - Belk Bowl chooses Rutgers over Houston for the 3rd AAC spot, and is thrilled to see North Carolina is still available and picks them.

Music City Bowl Tennessee Volunteers vs Maryland Terps - The Music City Bowl works out a deal with the Gator bowl to get Tennessee, while there's no incredibly appealing ACC team left so it picks the best matchup in Maryland as the Tennessee fans will probably buy all the tickets anyways.

Holiday Bowl Washington Huskies vs Baylor Bears - well, well, well, look at this, a few years ago in this bowl game these two put on an offensive show in a 67-56 game, with both these teams having defenses that can actually stop someone, the score won't be that high again, Washington is all around the best Pac-12 team left, and it's Baylor vs Kansas State for this spot, the Holiday bowl has had success with Baylor the past two years so it picks them, plus lots of people will be intrigued to see these two play again.

Armed Forces Bowl Wyoming Cowboys vs Navy Midshipmen- this bowl has a challenge, none of the teams available are that appealing, it would like to pick Air Force but can't because Wyoming has an 8-4 record, so it just picks Wyoming, Navy is in this bowl if they're bowl eligible.

Alamo Bowl Oklahoma Sooners vs Oregon State Beavers - this is a good matchup, Oklahoma gets picked over two 9-3 teams because they're a better draw, Oregon State is the best Pac-12 team left so they get picked for this game.

Sun Bowl Miami of Florida Hurricanes vs Arizona State Sun Devils - good one here, this bowl instantly picks Miami of Florida over Maryland and North Carolina while it wants USC but can't pick them because USC has a 7-6 record while Arizona State has an 8-4 record, it down to Arizona State and UCLA but with it being in EL-Paso Arizona State figures to draw a good crowd so it picks them.

Liberty Bowl Marshall Thundering Herd vs Auburn Tigers - Marshall gets in this bowl by winning Conference Usa, while Auburn gets in over two 7-5 teams in Ole Miss and Vandy because Auburn figures to draw more fans despite Vandy being closeby.

Independence Bowl Vanderbilt Commodores vs NC State Wolfpack - Vandy is the last SEC team left so they go here, and NC State is picked here as well.

Chick Fil-A Bowl Florida State Seminoles vs LSU Tigers - this is the last year of this bowl not being one of the big time bowls, but this matchup is close to one, Florida State doesn't finish high enough for a BCS bowl so they're the highest ACC team, while LSU is the best SEC team left.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSFan - keep up the great work, this is some quality stuff right here :suds:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
January Bowls and BCS bowls coming up soon

not tonight though

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
January Bowls

Outback Bowl Michigan State Spartans vs Florida Gators - This is a good defensive matchup, it may not see an offensive touchdown, Michigan State is picked here as their the best Big 10 team left that's not Northwestern. Florida is the last of the 10-2 SEC teams.

Heart of Dallas Bowl Indiana Hoosiers vs Utah Utes - this matchup happens as Indiana is the last eligible Big 10 team, while the Big 12 fails to fill 8 slots because two Big 12 teams make BCS bowls, the Pac-12 actually exceeds their slots with Utah eligible, Utah ends up here because well, it's either this or playing Bowling Green in the Little Caesar's bowl in Detriot.

Gator Bowl Michigan Wolverines vs Arkansas Razorbacks - pretty good matchup here, Michigan has a disappointing season, while Arkansas actually surprises at 8-4.

Capital One Bowl Nebraska Cornhuskers vs South Carolina Gamecocks - A good one here, Nebraska ends up here failing to win the Big 10 championship, South Carolina once again has a good season but not good enough for a BCS bowl.

Cotton Bowl Texas Longhorns vs Georgia Bulldogs - Two big teams facing in this one, Texas has a better but not great season and ends up here, Georgia's loss in the SEC title game unfortunately puts them out of a BCS bowl.

BBVA Compass Bowl SMU Mustangs vs Ole Miss Rebel Bears - SMU ends up here as the 5th AAC team, Ole Miss finishes 3rd in the SEC west, but their 7-5 record allows them to be passed over by most of the bowls until this one.

Go Daddy Bowl Northern Illinois Huskies vs Western Kentucky Hilltoppers - this is actually a fantastic matchup, Northern Illinois falls short of a BCS bowl due to an upset loss to Toledo, they end up here against Western Kentucky who wins the Sun Belt from tiebreakers but is passed by Louisiana-Lafayette for the New Orleans bowl, because the Ragin Cajuns are popular there.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BCS Bowls

fiesta1.jpg

TCU Horned Frogs vs Louisville Cardinals

- TCU is the Big 12 champion, Louisville being the AAC champ is picked last.

rose-bowl-logo.gif

Stanford Cardinal vs Wisconsin Badgers

-Stanford is the Pac-12 champ, while Wisconsin is the highest rated Big 10 team left.

Sugar_Bowl_logo.svg

Texas A&M Aggies vs Oklahoma State Cowboys

-Texas A&M finishes ahead of Georgia so they end being the SEC representative, while with so many Big 10, Pac-12 and SEC teams in the top 16, Oklahoma State and Northern Illinois are the only two eligible for At-Large bids, Oklahoma State will clearly be picked as the At-large over Northern Illinois, so it down to them or Louisville, despite the show Bridgewater and crew put up here last year the Sugar bowl decides on a matchup of old Big 12 rivals.

orange-bowl-logo.jpg

Clemson Tigers vs Oregon Ducks

- what an offensive shootout this would be, Clemson is here automatically as the ACC champ, while Oregon is easily the best of the At-Large's so the Orange takes them in a heartbeat.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok lets all take a moment to laugh at this epic fail LOL!!

I should really look at the size of these logos before posting them

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's it lets try this again

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014-vizio-rose-bowl-national-championship.jpg

OhioState-Buckeyes-Snapback.jpg
vs
215px-Alabama_Crimson_Tide_Logo.svg.png

13-0(9-0)
12-1(8-1)​

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok that's about as good as it will get

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really big drop offs after the top team on each side.

I'd have thought SDSU would have held momentum longer than they did. They seemed really committed to get to and maintaining a level when they brought in Hoke.
SDSU did and will. Tied for the conference title last year with Cal State Fresno and BSU. Also beat BSU and Nevada both on the road with our back up QB who will enter this year as the starter. SDSU is picked by the MWC to finish second in the west behind Cal State Fresno who we get at Qualcomm.

As for the prediction; we get Nevada at home...I thought we did since we played at their house last year.

They definitely maintained the toughness. SDSU brings arguably the best RB and rushing attack in the MWC with Adam Muema and a physical line. He's spot on with our passing game issues. Our QB Dingwell wasn't asked to pass much last year. Sans the BYU game, when he was pressed to pass, he did well. Led SDSU to a comeback win at Nevada and made some very clutch throws to ice the game vs. BSU. Our WRs are speed demons with terrible hands, or possession guys who get caught form behind by DEs. We lost Escobar at TE to the NFL. Bob Toledo is a more creative OC than the past OC's here.