• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Top Prospects

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up Cal and just take the damn compliment. Nobody likes a gloater.

:peep:

:heh:

EDIT: I just searched this forum for "gonnor" because I never recalled seeing it before and this is the only thread it came up in.....you got some 'splainin to do Calcy.

Maybe I have been using the typical spelling "goner" instead. Not sure. I know I have used it before...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I have been using the typical spelling "goner" instead. Not sure. I know I have used it before...

It's all good brotha, I was just feckin' with ya. :D

I was really curious though at first because I liked your pun and I really didn't remember it.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kieschnick, Gillaspie and Noonan seem to be the only "upper level" prospects hitting the ball well this year. I don't have much faith in Gillaspie (I saw enough of him in SJ, and then in SF) - I'm hoping that Noonan and Kieschnick will work out. The other top prospects (in lower levels) like T Joseph seem to have stalled.

At least we could have a new, home-grown closer sometime in the next few years. Both Hembree and Bochy seem to getting it done (although Hembree's drop in K rate this year and last is ... worrisome).

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First, if everything remains the same as today, nobody will have to be dropped because there are currently 39 guys on the 40-man roster.

"Heck, if both Mota and Villalona come back before Sep, TWO people will have to be dropped for him to be added."

Well, since you say you are able to read and follow a thread, I guess this is an arithmetic problem.

An exercise in arithmetic:
39 guys on a list whose max is 40 (one open spot).
Two guys (Mota and Villalona) coming off the restricted list : 39+2 = 41.
Adding a guy (Heston) makes 42. (41 + 1 = 42)
Thus two need to be dropped to make 40. (42 - 2 = 0)

LOL. What an unexpected treat for you. Let's see......you can't have 41 players on the roster. So one of Mota/Villalona would have had to be released anyway. Nothing to do with adding Heston. So only one extra player would need to be dropped to add him. Hey look mom, I can change my argument too!

I am responding to other people's posts, so I guess I'm not the only one to "hammer an inconsequential point as if was something of great importance that everyone else missed".

I think the very first reply to you answered your original post. Everything after that has added zero information to this thread, while also having negative entertainment value. A waste of electrons.

I really don't see how answering a post of "He'll be up in September." with "Only if people are dropped from the 40-man between now and then" is somehow different than saying "So, as I said, somebody will have to be dropped from the 40-man to call him up in Sep" or My point was "somebody will have to be dropped" or "but a move will have to be made (which was my point)".

A player can be dropped from the restricted list without being added to the 40. You see now why the word "only" makes your original post false?

Fess up Marco, you didn't know the Giants only had 39 players on the roster when you made your original post. When this was pointed out, instead of issuing a quick mea culpa and going on with your life, you instead had to invent the problem of guys coming off the restricted list as being an impediment. When it was further pointed out that there were a handful of players on the 40 who could be dropped without issue, you remade your argument as "see I told you all someone had to be dropped". Which, let's face it, is not a fact. Although once the Giants add Penny, it will be true - the one likely scenario you missed in the discussion, btw.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good brotha, I was just feckin' with ya. :D

I was really curious though at first because I liked your pun and I really didn't remember it.

No need for a "I was just feckin with ya" disclaimer. ISS all good (PIE all good? Doesn't really work here).

Maybe I just used the nic in my head. I have GREAT discussions in there... (although, there, like here, I often have my tail handed to me)

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You been seeing another forum?

lol, Cal, say it ain't so brotha! When you agreed to pay those fees.....it was fo' life!

No need for a "I was just feckin with ya" disclaimer. ISS all good (PIE all good? Doesn't really work here).

Maybe I just used the nic in my head. I have GREAT discussions in there... (although, there, like here, I often have my tail handed to me)

I searched, you did use it once. You also called him Connor the Goner a couple times as well. But you did actually call him just "Goner" once before the aforementioned. i'm just an asshole.....er.....stickler. :heh:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somehow missed it, and I usually study your posts closely.

I may do a doctoral dissertation on Cal's posts, especially the ones back in the day with Tito and PWD and NN, all properly formatted, cross-referenced, and the MLA citations. Once done, I will be able to, er, uh, spend time on baseball message boards. Never mind.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may do a doctoral dissertation on Cal's posts, especially the ones back in the day with Tito and PWD and NN, all properly formatted, cross-referenced, and the MLA citations. Once done, I will be able to, er, uh, spend time on baseball message boards. Never mind.

Just don't google any of my posts. I stole entire posts from cliffs notes back in the day...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an open spot *today* because two guys are on the restricted list and thus don't count against the 40-man at the moment - when they are taken off the restricted list they are immediately back on the 40-man (such as when Mota's suspension is over in August). The "open spot" is temporary.

The discussion was about calling Heston up in Sep. At that time Mota will be off the restricted list and back on the 40-man. Yes, there are many moves that could be made to make room on the 40-man, but a move will have to be made (which was my point).

Also, yes, Brad Penny might be added to the 40-man in June or July. Which could complicate things for Sep (lots can happen in 3 months).

That's a huge assumption; dude may never pitch again. AnVil may never play in the US either.

I don't think the 40-man spot will be a problem for Heston.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a huge assumption; dude may never pitch again. AnVil may never play in the US either.

I don't think the 40-man spot will be a problem for Heston.

4 pages, and really, this is all any of us are saying.

I guess it takes an attorney to simplify things and summarize thoughts into one line...

huh?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for academic integrity. :frown:

I always found your posts pretty original, now you are telling me they were plagiarized? :L

Just don't ask Cal to sign the first page of the Honor Code on the little blue notebook and you'll be fine 'teach'.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

hey...that would have the same "real" value as any other humanities degree.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL

How did I miss the creepiness of this post the first time I read it?

:boink:

the-opera-picture_440x355.jpg

You still afraid of clowns?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 pages, and really, this is all any of us are saying.

I guess it takes an attorney to simplify things and summarize thoughts into one line...

huh?

Only after spending several billable hours on it...
:lol:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, Cal, say it ain't so brotha! When you agreed to pay those fees.....it was fo' life!

I searched, you did use it once. You also called him Connor the Goner a couple times as well. But you did actually call him just "Goner" once before the aforementioned. i'm just an asshole.....er.....stickler. :heh:

In tha gutta lane/I'm butta magn

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the very first reply to you answered your original post. Everything after that has added zero information to this thread, while also having negative entertainment value. A waste of electrons.

To which you have contributed your fair share (Both negative entertainment value and wasted electrons). "Look ma, the kettle is black".

A player can be dropped from the restricted list without being added to the 40. You see now why the word "only" makes your original post false?

Yes I do - you are correct. Although what normally happens when a guy is taken off the restricted list is the team does nothing and he automatically shows up on the 40-man, it is possible for a team to place the player on release waivers and thus he never returns to the 40-man.

If you had simply pointed that out instead of acting like such a prick about it, there would have been a lot few of those wasted electrons you seem to be so worried about.

Fess up Marco, you didn't know the Giants only had 39 players on the roster when you made your original post.

Nope. I knew that because of Mota's suspension that there were on 39 guys on the roster. But I expected (and still expect) Mota to be on the 40-man as soon as his suspension is over in late Aug. But who knows, maybe the Giants will just drop him (I don't think that they will, but it is possible).

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, really, your argument has changed from your original post - where you used the word "only"

I agree that my statement was incorrect, but not that I *changed* it as you claim. My argument was always that somebody would have to be dropped from the 40-man, which isn't true if Mota is the one who is released without going back on the 40-man.