• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Draft - Thurs. April 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd would be a good spot for chapman, although i'm hoping for ben jones.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not overly impressed with Ben Jones. Looks like a very average prospect with not a great upside.

They're saying Kilgore may end up playing center. I'd love it if the guy develops into a good C and the Niners add a road-grading RG. The OL would be one of the best units i the league. It'd be even better if the Niners can find another good TE who excells in blocking (DWAAAAAAAyne Harris???).

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that the team may be wondering about the health of Jacobs, and Miller, they scheduled a workout with the RB Turbin, interesting. Go 49ers!:badmin:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not overly impressed with Ben Jones. Looks like a very average prospect with not a great upside.

They're saying Kilgore may end up playing center. I'd love it if the guy develops into a good C and the Niners add a road-grading RG. The OL would be one of the best units i the league. It'd be even better if the Niners can find another good TE who excells in blocking (DWAAAAAAAyne Harris???).

I liked Dwayne Harris in last year's draft. But I don't know about blocking TE. He's more of a slot WR.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I liked Dwayne Harris in last year's draft. But I don't know about blocking TE. He's more of a slot WR.

Sorry...

I mean Dwaaaaaaaaaaaaayne Allen. :blush: <----Pretend this is a blushing face

P.S. I Didin't like Dwayne Harris at all.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Draft Blog

Don't Sleep On Them
WR Brazill among late-round values
April, 3, 2012 10:36AM ET
By Kevin Weidl

We at Scouts Inc. finished up our final film evaluations for the 2012 draft in recent days, and as I broke down the final players on my list a trio of prospects stood out.

The term "sleeper" is a bit overused, but these are certainly the kinds of players who are worthy of a later-round pick and will offer good value if they become NFL contributors.

Ohio WR Lavon Brazill
I like what Brazill (5-foot-10⅝, 192 pounds) brings as a route-runner. He can work outside or in the slot, tempos his routes well to get up defenders within his stem, and uses subtle head and shoulder fakes to create separation out of breaks. Brazill lacks elite suddenness, but he does show some burst out of his cuts and has impressive ability to read coverage and adjust on the fly. He also has quick enough feet to get a good release against press coverage.

Brazill also has solid hands and elite overall body control. He makes catches outside his frame look easy and tracks the ball naturally over his shoulder. His tape against Rutgers is particularly impressive, showing Brazill running a fade to the back left corner of the end zone, then opening up fully on a ball thrown behind him and snagging it with one hand while falling to the ground. Later in that game he did a nice job beating press coverage out of the slot and tracked a fade route nicely over his shoulder.

Finally, his toughness is outstanding. Brazill not only works the middle of the field and makes tough catches in traffic, but he plays hurt. Brazill suffered a torn meniscus in the MAC title game but showed the toughness to come back and play in the bowl game against Utah State, a game in which he caught the game-winning touchdown in the fourth quarter. Throw in his added value as a returner, and Brazill could offer great return on investment as early as the fifth round.

Utah State RB Michael Smith
Smith flew under the radar a bit during the season, but he reportedly ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.3-second range at his pro day so we went to the tape to check out his skills. The tape seemed to confirm that speed, with Smith (5-8⅝, 206) also flashing quick feet, lateral agility and the ability to string together multiple cuts in traffic. He also gets to top speed quickly out of cuts and has the juice to turn the corner, and that's when his speed shows up.

Smith can pull away from defenders and outrun pursuit angles in the open field, something he showed on a 63-yard touchdown run against Ohio. He also has some balance, though he won't run through many arm tackles or push the pile in short-yardage situations. Smith also brings some versatility in the passing game, running good routes and flashing the suddenness to create separation before adjusting to the ball and quickly getting upfield.

However, he lacks overall instincts and vision as a runner. He is an entry-level runner who needs to see the hole, and he often misses vertical cuts and as a result is too quick to try to bounce runs outside. He could be more patient at times. and allow his blockers to get into position. That could hurt him, but a team that feels it can coach up Smith's vision could turn his speed and versatility into valuable assets in the sixth round.

SMU DE Taylor Thompson
Thompson has a long frame (6-5⅞, 282), and while his official measurements won't come until his April 4 pro day, there's a lot to like about his film. He has an above-average first step as a pass-rusher and flashes upper-body strength, and while Thompson doesn't have elite flexibility he does show a little bend when turning the corner. He also displays the ability to redirect with an inside move when offensive tackles overset in pass protection.

Thompson also has some instincts when penetrating. He can throttle down after bursting upfield as a pass-rusher, getting back into plays when the quarterback steps up in the pocket, and also use his long arms to lock out blockers in the run game before falling back into plays. He also has the strength to set the edge against the run.

He will get caught lunging at times and could play with better overall balance, and he could do a better job of keeping his pads square, especially against double-teams blocks. And while you'd like to see a little more edge to his game, Thompson has the length and athleticism to develop into a contributor, and because he was also a top tight end recruit coming out of high school it'll be interesting to see if teams might give him a shot there as well. Overall, he's another solid fifth- or sixth-round value.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interest in Irvin
9:40AM ET
NFL Draft

The first part of the NFL Draft usually sticks pretty close to expectations, and this year's will likely be no different in the early going: after the likely selection of the QBs in the Top 2 and Matt Kalil at No. 3, Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon and Morris Claiborne (in some order) are expected to come off the board at 4-5-6. But the fun will begin after that point, and likely continue through the end of the round, as it has in previous drafts.

One player who hasn't drawn a lot of buzz, but could hear his name called in the latter half of Round 1 is West Virginia's Bruce Irvin. Irvin is being projected either as a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE, and thus his appeal is greater than a player that fits into only one of those categories. According to Dan Pompei of National Football Post, a lot of teams have him on their list of visitors during this pre-draft season as well, including the Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers and Tennessee Titans.

Obviously for some of those teams, Irvin would not be their first-round pick, but for a team like New England -- with two picks late in the first round and a need for a pass-rusher -- the WVU product may be in contention. ESPNBoston.com scribe Mike Reiss offers his thoughts on the potential that Irvin lands with the Patriots:

- Tim Kavanagh​

Mike Reiss
Will his talent outshine character questions?

"Irvin generated some discussion in the most recent Patriots mailbag on ESPNBoston.com. A good point was raised that some of the dark clouds around Irvin's past might be too much for the Patriots. A counter-point was raised that no prospect is perfect and Irvin seems to have turned things around. It's possible the Patriots don't have the answer themselves at this point, and that could be part of the reported pre-draft visit. From a football standpoint, Irvin could be exactly what the Patriots need -- that speed rusher off the edge."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ravens thinking O-line at 29?
9:30AM ET
Baltimore Ravens

According to Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times, representatives from 19 different NFL teams were on hand to witness the workout of Wisconsin C Peter Konz recently. And for several of the teams, he may be under consideration as their first-round pick.

If Konz is drafted by the Baltimore Ravens at No. 29, he'd likely begin his NFL career at LG, leaning on incumbent starting C Matt Birk while filling in for the departed Ben Grubbs. And Ravens director of player personnel Eric DeCosta is confident that the transition would not be too difficult.

"He's got the size," DeCosta noted. "He's 6-5, 315 pounds. That's to me a big indicator if a guy can do it. That's one of those things where sometimes, there is a wait-and-see. We've considered all those different things. It's a matter of working a guy out sometimes, putting him through the paces at the position. I think he's played a little bit of guard in his past. I don't know that it's a really hard transition, center and guard. Other than the fact that you have to snap the ball, some of the same skill sets are there. I don't think it's a huge transition."

Konz has also been linked to the two teams that pick directly before them -- the New England Patriots and Green Bay Packers -- so Baltimore will have to wait and see if he's even available.

- Tim Kavanagh​

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
RB for Giants in Round 1?
9:01AM ET
New York Giants

It's not expected that the New York Giants will take a running back with their first-round pick (No. 32 overall) this year, but at this stage of the game, we still can't rule anything out. The fact that their lead back, Ahmad Bradshaw, is likely to miss the team's offseason program through June may factor into the equation, but there remains no sense of desperation as far as we can tell.

Nevertheless, RB does remain a possibility for the Giants in Round 1, and Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPNNewYork.com checked in with Todd McShay of Scouts, Inc. for the rundown on some of the non-Trent Richardson RB prospects in this year's class.

"Looking at running back, I don't think necessarily any of those second-tier running backs after Richardson is worth drafting [in the first round]," McShay opined. "But if [the Giants] have one that they believe in more than the other, they will have the pick of the litter at 32."

McShay further analyzed potential picks Lamar Miller (Miami), David Wilson (Va. Tech) and Doug Martin (Boise St.):

- Tim Kavanagh​

Todd McShay
The three main options at No. 32

"I think there are three guys that you look at: Lamar Miller from Miami, a speedster guy who can one cut and go. David Wilson from Virginia Tech, who is another guy with acceleration and hits the hole hard but the vision and patience not quite there ... not great in the passing game but can improve. And Doug Martin, probably the most complete of the second-tier backs, but not as explosive as the other two. Those would be some of the guys at running back that are possibilities at 32 for the Giants."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Browns down to two?
8:01AM ET
Cleveland Browns

With over three weeks left before the start of the NFL Draft, many of the logical possibilities have already been fully dissected for teams at the top of the draft order, and so we've gotten into the more creative possibilities, such as the Minnesota Vikings passing on USC OT Matt Kalil, leaving the Cleveland Browns to take him to start at RT or trade down with a team that is fiending for a player of Kalil's caliber.

The scenario that is considered most likely, however, is Kalil being taken by the Vikes at No. 3, leaving the Browns with their choice of Justin Blackmon, Trent Richardson and Morris Claiborne -- believed to be the next three best -- amongst other possibilities. Then there's the Ryan Tannehill wildcard: though he's not thought to be worthy of such a high pick in general, the premium placed on the QB position has pushed the Texas A&M passer into the conversation for Cleveland, Miami and others.

In a lengthy column for the Cleveland Plain Dealer this past weekend, Dennis Manoloff examined the pros and cons of each potential outcome. Cutting to the chase, he considered two players as distinct possibilities -- Richardson and Blackmon -- while also not discounting the possibility of a trade-down, but not out of the Top 10.

Selecting Richardson or Blackmon remains the most logical choice for Cleveland -- as it has for weeks -- but that doesn't guarantee that this will be the scenario that unfolds on draft day.

- Tim Kavanagh​

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Jets' first-rounder
11:11AM ET
New York Jets

We're less than three weeks away from the start of the 2012 NFL Draft, so the buzz -- both smoke-screens and legitimate -- has reached a fever pitch. This is especially true for teams in the middle and late stages of the first round that are trying to hoodwink other teams into believing that they are -- or are not -- interested in specific players.

In any case, two quick hits on the New York Jets this weekend, courtesy of Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com. First, that Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd -- who'd been linked to the Jets in some previous mock drafts -- may not be available when their pick comes up at No. 16. In fact, NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock believes that Floyd could be taken as high as No. 7.

On the other side of the ball, the Jets have a high level of interest in South Carolina DE/OLB Melvin Ingram. In fact, Cimini believes that the versatile Ingram may be a player that is their target in a trade-up scenario.

In the end, it may be another player entirely that gets taken at No. 16, but at this point, it sure seems like it's going to be best WR or pass-rusher available.

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter believes that the Jets' first pick is a wide open contest right now:

- Tim Kavanagh​

Adam Schefter
No clear-cut pick stands out

"[Mark] Barron certainly seems like a logical pick if the Dallas Cowboys don't pick him first. [Courtney] Upshaw makes some sense, but not as much as Barron. And if one of those players isn't there, then [David] DeCastro could make some sense. But [Riley] Reiff should be gone, and that's too early for [Jonathan] Martin. I've got another suggestion: how about a receiver like Michael Floyd if Barron is gone. The Jets have some options."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Eagles' priority at No. 15
10:44AM ET
Philadelphia Eagles

Throughout the twists and turns of the offseason thus far, the speculation over the Philadelphia Eagles' first-round pick has undergone a lot of alterations. Before DeSean Jackson's franchise tagging and subsequent contract, some believed a WR would be the pick; prior to the trade for DeMeco Ryans, some thought an LB would be the call; with Asante Samuel on the trading block, certain projections called for a defensive back at No. 15. And there's always been a sneaking suspicion that perhaps the team would target a QB as well, though that buzz has died down as of late.

There was another curve in the road on Monday morning, as the club announced that they had re-signed DT Derek Landri, who led the team with eight tackles for loss in 2011.

Sheil Kapadia of Philly.com writes that Landri's addition does not rule out a DT in the first round for Philly. Given the importance of the D-line in their defensive scheme, having depth at all four spots is vital, so if they fall in love with Dontari Poe, Michael Brockers or Fletcher Cox, one of those three could easily be the pick.

However, based upon what we've seen the Eagles accomplish -- both in signings and re-signings -- Kapadia is now of the opinion that the team is in a good position to go with the best player available when they are on the clock at No. 15. In the scribe's view, that could be a CB, WR, DT, LB or something else. Looks like we have another mystery pick on our hands.

- Tim Kavanagh​

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More Tannehill-K.C. buzz
10:29AM ET
Kansas City Chiefs

The idea that the Kansas City Chiefs could use their first-round pick on Texas A&M passer Ryan Tannehill has been a hotly debated topic over the past several weeks. Most recently, our AFC West blogger Bill Williamson opined that such an outcome was unlikely, but that the Chiefs would consider a QB in a later round.

Over the weekend, Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star analyzed the potential of a Tannehill pick for K.C., noting that the club has been sending mixed messages regarding its faith in Matt Cassel as the starter.

"That consistency ... I think that's the biggest thing with Matt," HC Romeo Crennel explained. "I think he's excited about this year, about having Brian Daboll as our offensive coordinator, because he knows Brian and he knows the system Brian brings, and I've talked to Matt several times in the offseason and ... he's ready to go to work. He can't wait for April 16th [start of the Chiefs' offseason program] to get here so he can start getting into the playbook. If he can develop that consistency like we had part of the time in 2010, where we weren't turning the ball over -- we were moving the ball offensively and we were scoring some points -- if we can get back to that, that's what I'm looking for from him."

The unknown aspect of this is whether Tannehill will even be on the board for K.C. at No. 11. In Mel Kiper, Jr.'s latest mock, he was off the board by pick No. 8 (Miami), which led the Chiefs to adding some help at another area of need:

- Tim Kavanagh​

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Broncos thinking QB early?
10:03AM ET
Denver Broncos

As long as Peyton Manning's neck is copacetic, the Denver Broncos are pretty well set through the first QB slot on the depth chart. But as has been a continuing theme in the time since he signed with them, they don't have much behind him. And signing Caleb Hanie doesn't really change that fact.

While Peyton may bring the Broncos into the ranks of the contenders in 2012, his career will only last another few seasons, so the club needs to find a successor at some point. One possibility is Arizona St. QB Brock Osweiler, a player who's graded out as anywhere between a first- and fourth-round pick, depending upon whose opinion one believes.

According to the Denver Post, a contingent from the team including executive VP John Elway, HC John Fox, OC Mike McCoy, QB coach Adam Gase and GM Brian Xanders traveled to Tempe to run Osweiler through a personal workout.

It's unlikely (though not impossible) that the Broncos would take Osweiler at No. 25, but he could be the pick for them at No. 57 overall if he's still on the board.

- Tim Kavanagh​

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting stuff here:

NFL Draft 2012
Commentary
Five elite players atop board
The 2012 draft is not top-heavy, but there is depth down the board
Updated: April 9, 2012, 12:48 PM ET
By Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.

The 2012 NFL draft class has some clear headliners at the top of the board, but how does the talent level overall look up and down the board?

This draft tiers document -- which breaks down the top 100 players on my board into groups based on grade -- is helpful in answering that question, both for teams and fans.

The tiers show which portions of the class are deep and which are lean. There are some lean tiers near the top of the board, but the class is solid in Tiers 3 and 4.

The tiers are also a good tool for teams considering a trade. For instance, a team toying with the idea of trading back in the first round can judge whether a player from Tier 2 on their board will still be available with their new selection, or if it will be stuck with a Tier 3 player at that point.

These tiers can help when trying to identify where there is depth -- or a lack thereof -- at certain positions. This year, the tiers show that offensive tackle is lean after Tier 4, so we can expect the players from the top three tiers to be selected even more quickly than usual.

Elsewhere, the depth of the defensive tackle class can be seen in Tiers 5, 6 and 7; Tier 6 also has a lot of intriguing talent at quarterback and running back, and the depth of the wide receiver and cornerback classes shows up in a big way in Tier 7.

Here's my seven-tier breakdown of the top 100 prospects in the 2012 class, listed in order of draft grade.

Tier I
These are the elite prospects, those who have the potential to come off the board in the top five overall picks.
Tier I
1. Andrew Luck QB Stanford 6-4 234 99
2. Robert Griffin III QB Baylor 6-2⅜ 231 97
3. Matt Kalil OT USC 6-6⅝ 306 97
4. Trent Richardson RB Alabama 5-9¼ 228 96
5. Morris Claiborne CB LSU 5-11⅛ 188 97

Tier II
This tier is comprised of players who are a notch below elite but are still top-10 quality.
Tier II
6. Fletcher Cox DT Mississippi State 6-4 298 95
7. Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State 6-0⅞ 207 95

Tier III
The prospects will offer good value between picks 10 and 20.
Tier III
8. Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M 6-3⅞ 221 95
9. Quinton Coples DE North Carolina 6-5¾ 284 95
10. Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College 6-3¼ 242 95
11. Mark Barron S Alabama 6-1 213 94
12. Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina 6-1½ 264 94
13. Michael Brockers DT LSU 6-5 322 94
14. David DeCastro G Stanford 6-4⅞ 316 94
15. Dontari Poe DT Memphis 6-3½ 346 94
16. Riley Reiff OT Iowa 6-5¾ 313 94
17. Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame 6-2⅝ 220 93
18. Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina 6-0½ 190 93
19. Dont'a Hightower ILB Alabama 6-2¼ 265 93

Tier IV
These prospects have the tools to be good value picks in the late-first round.
Tier IV
20. Cordy Glenn OT Georgia 6-5¾ 345 93
21. Courtney Upshaw DE Alabama 6-1⅝ 272 93
22. Chandler Jones DE Syracuse 6-5 247 92
23. Kendall Wright WR Baylor 5-10¼ 196 92
24. Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama 5-10 193 92
25. Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama 6-1⅝ 185 91
26. Jonathan Martin OT Stanford 6-5⅜ 312 91
27. Mike Adams OT Ohio State 6-7¼ 323 90
28. Lavonte David OLB Nebraska 6-0⅝ 233 90
29. Andre Branch DE Clemson 6-4¼ 259 90
30. Nick Perry DE USC 6-2¾ 271 89
31. Jerel Worthy DE Michigan State 6-2⅜ 309 89

Tier V
These are the players teams will begin targeting as value picks early in Round 2, should they fall out of Round 1.
Tier V
32. Peter Konz C Wisconsin 6-5 314 89
33. Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech 6-4 215 89
34. Coby Fleener TE Stanford 6-6 247 89
35. Harrison Smith S Notre Dame 6-1⅞ 213 89
36. Shea McClellin OLB Boise State 6-3⅜ 260 88
37. Kendall Reyes DT Connecticut 6-4⅛ 299 88
38. Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois 6-3⅝ 261 88
39. Nick Foles QB Arizona 6-5 243 88
40. Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State 6-3½ 221 87
41. Doug Martin RB Boise State 5-9¼ 223 87
42. Rueben Randle WR LSU 6-2⅞ 210 87
43. Amini Silatolu G Midwestern State 6-3⅝ 311 87
44. Devon Still DT Penn State 6-4⅞ 303 87
45. Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin 6-3⅞ 314 86
46. Lamar Miller RB Miami 5-10¾ 212 86
47. Josh Robinson CB Central Florida 5-10⅛ 199 86
48. Ronnell Lewis OLB Oklahoma 6-1¾ 253 86
49. Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina 6-2⅞ 216 86
50. Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State 6-6⅞ 242 86
51. Brandon Thompson DT Clemson 6-2 311 85
52. Mychal Kendricks ILB California 5-11⅛ 239 85
53. Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State 6-2⅝ 214 85
54. David Wilson RB Virginia Tech 5-9⅝ 206 85
55. Jeff Allen G Illinois 6-3⅞ 307 85

Tier VI
This tier contains prospects who are worthy of mid-to-late-second-round consideration.
Tier VI
56. Dwight Bentley CB Louisiana-Lafayette 5-10 182 84
57. Vinny Curry DE Marshall 6-3⅛ 266 84
58. Bobby Massie OT Mississippi 6-6⅛ 316 84
59. Dwayne Allen TE Clemson 6-3⅛ 255 84
60. Zach Brown OLB North Caroina 6-1¼ 244 83
61. Orson Charles TE Georgia 6-2½ 251 83
62. Mitchell Schwartz OT California 6-5⅜ 318 82
63. Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington 6-2½ 348 82
64. Trumaine Johnson CB Montana 6-1⅞ 204 82
65. Brandon Boykin CB Georgia 5-9½ 182 81
66. A.J. Jenkins WR Illinois 6-0¼ 190 81
67. LaMichael James RB Oregon 5-8 194 81
68. Brandon Taylor S LSU 5-11⅛ 202 80
69. Derek Wolfe DT Cincinnati 6-5⅛ 295 80
70. Brian Quick WR Appalachian State 6-3½ 220 80

Tier VII
These players rank as solid third-round prospects.
Tier VII
71. Isaiah Pead RB Cincinnati 5-10⅛ 197 79
72. Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State 6-5⅝ 320 79
73. Brandon Brooks G Miami (OH) 6-4⅝ 353 79
74. Marvin McNutt WR Iowa 6-2¾ 216 79
75. Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech 5-10 178 78
76. Markelle Martin S Oklahoma State 6-0¾ 207 78
77. Chase Minnifield CB Virginia 5-10⅜ 183 77
78. Antonio Allen S South Carolina 6-1½ 201 77
79. Joe Looney G Wake Forest 6-3¼ 309 77
80. Keshawn Martin WR Michigan State 5-11½ 188 77
81. Tyrone Crawford DE Boise State 6-4¼ 275 76
82. Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska 5-10 204 76
83. Mike Martin DT Michigan 6-1⅜ 306 76
84. James Brown G Troy 6-3¾ 306 76
85. Joe Adams WR Arkansas 5-10⅝ 179 76
86. Billy Winn DT Boise State 6-3¾ 294 75
87. Tony Bergstrom G Utah 6-5⅜ 313 75
88. Josh Norman CB Coastal Carolina 6-0¼ 197 74
89. Jarius Wright WR Arkansas 5-9⅝ 182 74
90. Kelechi Osemele G Iowa State 6-5½ 333 74
91. Donald Stephenson OT Oklahoma 6-5½ 312 74
92. Olivier Vernon DE Miami 6-2⅛ 261 74
93. Mike Daniels DT Iowa 6-0½ 291 73
94. Ryan Broyles WR Wake Forest 6-3¼ 309 73
95. Jared Crick DE Nebraska 6-4¼ 279 73
96. Chris Polk RB Washington 5-10½ 215 73
97. Nigel Bradham OLB Florida State 6-1⅞ 241 73
98. T.J. Graham WR N.C. State 5-11⅜ 188 72
99. Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt 5-11⅜ 192 72
100. Trevor Guyton DE California 6-2⅝ 285 72

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's my list, in order of value, of players I'd consider in the 2nd round if the Niners stay put (who have a realistic chance of being there):

1a: Dwaaaaaaaaaaayne Allen
1b: Vinny Curry
3. Josh Chapman (Might be there in the 3rd, but I think he'd still be good value in round 2).
4. Jared Crick
5. Alameda Ta'amu
6. Jayron Hosley
7. Kelechi Osemele (to play RG; boom or bust guy. Not sure about personality).
8. Brandon Boykin
9. Muhammad Sanu (I'd have him higher than Boykin except I love Boykin's return ability).

I don't know where to put Brandon Thompson. Don't think he has a realistic chance of being there, but I'm also not sure how well he fits into a 3-4. Will be a good starting DL though IMO. Reminds me of Brodrick Bunkley.
... If you haven't noticed I friggn' LOVE Josh Chapman. Dwayne Allen in the 2nd and Josh Chapman in the 3rd would be a dream come true of a draft.

Dream Draft:

1) Poe or Perry
2. Dwaaaaaaaaayne
3. Chapman

How would you rank some of the players I listed?

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Has anyone noticed the lack of depth for 3-4 DEs in htis class? There's Still & Crick who should go in the late 20's to 30's & mid-late 2nd respectively, but I don't know abuot the rest of 'em. Cox won't be there, and I'm not a big fan of Brockers (who won't be there either). I really like Worthy, but he won't be there in the 2nd. The only DE the Niners could get in the 2nd (and probably won't be there anyway) is Brandon Thompson, and he might be a better 4-3 guy anyway.

The only later round guy I really like is Marcus Forston. He has all the talent, but will he be healthy? He's the guy I want in the 4th round.

Status
Not open for further replies.