• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Draft

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with having him as a CB on this team, I'm just saying he is no Safety.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My bad actually. I got mixed up. They were comparing him to Ed Reed during the WVU game, but he does play corner. For the year, he leads LSU in tackles with 30, has 3 tackles for loss, 4 pass breakups, 1 INT, Two forced fumbles, 2 recovered fumbles, and has already tied the career record at LSU for forced TOs 4 games into his sophomore year. Next time LSU plays, try to catch it and watch him play. He also returns punts and kicks, and plays on LSU punts too. He actually caught an LSU punt in the air against WVU on the 5 yard line.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone sticky me so we can keep track of what we were all saying at the beginning of the year compared to later in the year.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As of now I'm saying draft Kalil and move Whit inside to OG unless they're #1 overall (then Luck has to be the pick). I think Richardson will be the pick though.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Kalil, though then I may move Whit to RT and move Smith inside. With Kalil and Whit we would have a great pair of bookend tackles. But I agree I think either Richardson (most likely) or Kirkpatrick will be the pick.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with Kalil, though then I may move Whit to RT and move Smith inside. With Kalil and Whit we would have a great pair of bookend tackles. But I agree I think either Richardson (most likely) or Kirkpatrick will be the pick.

Yup..that would be the better play to move Whit to RT and that's exactly what they should do. However, it seems like the Bengals (and their fans) think Whit is just as good as Jonthan Ogden in his prime so it's unlikely...but I would love that line.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup..that would be the better play to move Whit to RT and that's exactly what they should do. However, it seems like the Bengals (and their fans) think Whit is just as good as Jonthan Ogden in his prime so it's unlikely...but I would love that line.

A line of Kalil, Boling, Cook, Smith, Whit is one of the better looking lines. I wish we could replace Cook too but he signed that extension so he is here to stay. Then in the 2nd pick a S and in the 3rd pick RB or CB and pick the other in the 4th.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A line of Kalil, Boling, Cook, Smith, Whit is one of the better looking lines. I wish we could replace Cook too but he signed that extension so he is here to stay. Then in the 2nd pick a S and in the 3rd pick RB or CB and pick the other in the 4th.

Sounds like a good line to me. Agreed that Cook is the weak link though. LOL at people on the Bengals.com boards who compare him to Rich Braham... As long as we get a OL, S, and RB i dont really care what order they are in. Just the best available for each. Although i know it won't happen at this point, I still would like to see a QB 1st round, depending on were we pick. We won't be high enough for Luck, but i really like Matt Barkley.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barkley isn't very good. He had that one real good game where he threw to Woods 17 times but he just hasn't impressed me. Never has. I'm not a fan of Jones either. And no way I want to spend a #1 pick on a QB. We need O-Line, Safety, RB, another Safety and a DT if we don't keep Sims unless they think Shirley is the answer.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barkley isn't very good. He had that one real good game where he threw to Woods 17 times but he just hasn't impressed me. Never has. I'm not a fan of Jones either. And no way I want to spend a #1 pick on a QB. We need O-Line, Safety, RB, another Safety and a DT if we don't keep Sims unless they think Shirley is the answer.

I've been less than impressed with Barkley and Jones this year...it doesnt seem like they've taken that leap yet that I expected them to. Luck is just phenomenal. Dont think they'll be #1 overall, but if they are you do not pass on Andrew Luck in favor of Andy Dalton. Assuming that they're not #1 overall, love the idea of drafting a stud LT in Kalil. Agree that they need a safety that excels against the pass and a RB in the next couple rounds...

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been less than impressed with Barkley and Jones this year...it doesnt seem like they've taken that leap yet that I expected them to. Luck is just phenomenal. Dont think they'll be #1 overall, but if they are you do not pass on Andrew Luck in favor of Andy Dalton. Assuming that they're not #1 overall, love the idea of drafting a stud LT in Kalil. Agree that they need a safety that excels against the pass and a RB in the next couple rounds...

I was going under the assumption we wouldn't be #1. I agree if #1 you have to take Luck though I'm not sure they would. After QB LT is the most important position on the team. Solidify that up, then go S, RB in the next 2 rounds in any order, I'd take a CB and a DT in the next 2 rounds in any order unless someone just drops out of nowhere into our lap.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my personal hope for our Draft right now after week 4.

1. Matt Kalil LT USC
2. TJ McDonald S USC
3. Kevin Zeitler OG Wis
4. Tauren Poole RB Tenn
5. Jamell Fleming CB OU
6. Jelani Jenkins OLB FL
7. Jeff Demps RB FL

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is my personal hope for our Draft right now after week 4.

1. Matt Kalil LT USC
2. TJ McDonald S USC
3. Kevin Zeitler OG Wis
4. Tauren Poole RB Tenn
5. Jamell Fleming CB OU
6. Jelani Jenkins OLB FL
7. Jeff Demps RB FL

damn, dude...you already have a 7 round mock up. Right now I'd love to see them take an O-lineman in the 1st but we all know that's not going to happen. The more games they win the more Trent Richardson is looking like a viable pick...typically hate 1st round RB's but that guy is a friggin stud. Wouldnt mind a CB there either. I know alot of people like that kid from Bama but I havent been all that impressed with him. Regardless one of the two top picks needs to be an O-lineman.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far will Dan Herron fall in the draft? I'd like to have him on the team. He'd fit right in too.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more games they win the more Trent Richardson is looking like a viable pick...typically hate 1st round RB's but that guy is a friggin stud.

This....we're going to need a RB next year because surely Benson will beat the hell out of someone this offseason.....even if he somehow stays a free man, Richardson is a monster......

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have us picking around 15th to 18th range.

Right now, we have needs at C, RB (all around back), CB, S, G.

I would say LB, but I really like our core now with Lawson, Maualuga and Howard. Plus, we have Rivers and Moch coming back soon. Neither should be starters, but could be good fill ins.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now we could use immediate help at Safety and RB (Benson one year deal will be 31 next year I think).

CB, and OL are in the next tier. We have some good starters, but depth is a real concern. Starting Guard play may actually be a real need as Williams is gone after this year, and one has to hope that Bolling can step it up next year. Left guard would still be a concern as well as Center, but Cook is at least decent enough.

DE for depth and LB depth would be next in line along with another WR unless Hawkins can show he can be a good #3 guy with Shipley out for the year.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning all you Bengal faithful!!
Tiger1.gif

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will try and re-sign him. He's played well (depite a few false starts) and with a decent RG, you can run behind him all day long and get yards.

But, you know what you are getting with him, and if he can continue to show promise, then it is one less thing you have to worry about along the OL (considering both Guards needs to be re-evaluated and an upgrade a center would be nice, but Cook signed that extention, so he's going nowhere).