• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Draft Thread

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess no new news about the Sharks?

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So the general consensus from my boys that I talked to with chicago, minnasota, montreal, toronto, detroit & edm is Wow man, wtf was your team thinking. Why would that draft that guy??

And all I can say is FUCK YOU DOUG FUCKING WILSON!!!! You were given an extra year just cause the owners spared you cause it would be cheaper on there payroll to have you then fire you, and you do THIS?!?!?! I knew it would be bad, but THIS bad?? His only saving grace is Teamu Riihiijarvii. Why the fuck to I follow this team?..

The celebration of txts I got from Chicago was amazing... Why is Wilson so fucking dumb?? I can only imagine what stupid fucking moves are to come once FA season begins... In that respect im reserving cactus's for anyone who wants to sit on one with me for the next year, cause im pretty sure it will be less painful then watching the garbage that will be the 12-13 season

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I seriously doubt anyone even the most dedicated fans of the sport have a real clue on who the guy is, kind of like Charlie Coyle. You were bitching when he got drafted then he turns in one good world jrs performance and you were talking as if he were the second coming of Roenick when he got traded, enjoy your cactus

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We drafted an OHL 4th line C in the 2nd round. Just sayin...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I seriously doubt anyone even the most dedicated fans of the sport have a real clue on who the guy is, kind of like Charlie Coyle. You were bitching when he got drafted then he turns in one good world jrs performance and you were talking as if he were the second coming of Roenick when he got traded, enjoy your cactus

I bitched bout coyle being traded cause they traded there top prospect away when they dont have ANY prospects. And with this draft, why not trade down if they were gonna draft a guy that wasnt projected to go where he went? Ive bitched bout there drafting for awhile now, cause it just doesnt make any sence

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snooz-fest!

Let the trade RUMORS really begin now!

Hockeybuzz.com
Heard Marleau for Yandle
Niemi back to Chicago
Boyle to Pitt

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Snooz-fest!

Let the trade RUMORS really begin now!

Hockeybuzz.com
Heard Marleau for Yandle
Niemi back to Chicago
Boyle to Pitt

Heard Chi was shopping Hjalm to dump salary. I still like the kid, maybe he's worth going after again since it seems SJ has no chance of landing Suter anymore. Boyle, Stuart, Vlasic, Burns, Hjalm, Demers/Braun would be a pretty nice D core.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I've just read about the two late round Dmen (Cliff Watson & Joakin Ryan). Both longshots and years away but the reports are pretty positive. Maybe we'll see you in a few years, boys.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like what I've just read about the two late round Dmen (Cliff Watson & Joakin Ryan). Both longshots and years away but the reports are pretty positive. Maybe we'll see you in a few years, boys.

Late rounds are the only rounds SJ ever does good with. I will give them credit on that.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We drafted an OHL 4th line C in the 2nd round. Just sayin...

Tierney only played 4th line center because London was stacked down the middle. Namestnikov, Domi, Rupert ahead of him plus Watson and McKegg brought in at mid season. The kids a gamer. He was expected to go early 3rd round but the Sharks didn't have a 3rd so it doesn't surprise me they took him at 55th.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

LOL. Does any of that surprise you??!!
I have no idea how any of these guys will turn out, and I doubt his boys from all those teams he mentioned have a clue either.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how any of these guys will turn out, and I doubt his boys from all those teams he mentioned have a clue either.

You're a witch!

BUUUUUURRRRRRNNN HIM!:lm:

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Heard Chi was shopping Hjalm to dump salary. I still like the kid, maybe he's worth going after again since it seems SJ has no chance of landing Suter anymore. Boyle, Stuart, Vlasic, Burns, Hjalm, Demers/Braun would be a pretty nice D core.

I like Hjalmarsson too, and Wilson obviously likes him.
I don't think the Sharks ever really had a shot at Suter. I'm guessing he goes to either Detroit or the Pens.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

They may not have a definate clue, as no one can predict the future. The point was everyone was face palmed about this pick. And with wilsons track record of drafting guys ahead of projection that never turn out to be good, I dont have much faith that this will be any different.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I bitched bout coyle being traded cause they traded there top prospect away when they dont have ANY prospects. And with this draft, why not trade down if they were gonna draft a guy that wasnt projected to go where he went? Ive bitched bout there drafting for awhile now, cause it just doesnt make any sence

This draft more than any I can remember in recient years was increadibly hard to rank past the 15th selection. Anyone from 15th to 45th could have been interchanged with little drop off in skill level and potential.

I really wanted them to go with Teravanen but as much as I like him the fact of the matter is he isn't even close to a sure fire pick. He's a 50/50 high risk-high reward pick. He has every bit as much chance of being Lukas Kaspar as he does Claude Giroux. I really wanted the Sharks to get him because he has so many assets the Sharks severly lack.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft more than any I can remember in recient years was increadibly hard to rank past the 15th selection. Anyone from 15th to 45th could have been interchanged with little drop off in skill level and potential.

You'd also need someone who wanted to trade up...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I really wanted them to go with Teravanen but as much as I like him the fact of the matter is he isn't even close to a sure fire pick. He's a 50/50 high risk-high reward pick. He has every bit as much chance of being Lukas Kaspar as he does Claude Giroux. I really wanted the Sharks to get him because he has so many assets the Sharks severly lack.

Put in your resume as DWils replacement for next season please. Thats the point of my bitching. everyone can be a bust or great when your drafting, but if a high ranked guy is available and he has the assests that your team lacks, you take the chance on him. You dont go off the radar and pick the guy with, as you stated, the worst rated skaing in the first 2 rounds.

Granted Cheechoos skating was terrible and he holds the sharks single season goals record, but I really dont see that ever happening again.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They may not have a definate clue, as no one can predict the future. The point was everyone was face palmed about this pick. And with wilsons track record of drafting guys ahead of projection that never turn out to be good, I dont have much faith that this will be any different.

Yeah, they have definitely taken guys ahead of where they should have. Bernier and Seto come to mind quickly. I think it was Rules who had a nice post last night showing all the guys they passed on. It was not encouraging.
I'm just saying the NHL draft is similar to the MLB draft, in that you get many top picks who don't make it, and later picks who do. It's a crapshoot. Like Cmon said, after the top 15 this year, it was anyone's guess who would go where, and if any of them will pan out.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, they have definitely taken guys ahead of where they should have. Bernier and Seto come to mind quickly. I think it was Rules who had a nice post last night showing all the guys they passed on. It was not encouraging.
I'm just saying the NHL draft is similar to the MLB draft, in that you get many top picks who don't make it, and later picks who do. It's a crapshoot. Like Cmon said, after the top 15 this year, it was anyone's guess who would go where, and if any of them will pan out.

Seto is probably the only one that actually worked out for them. And its not all on Wilson, they have some terrible 1st rds back in the day to before the Wilson era. Is there some scout on the team that been here through all or majority of the drafts?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Put in your resume as DWils replacement for next season please. Thats the point of my bitching. everyone can be a bust or great when your drafting, but if a high ranked guy is available and he has the assests that your team lacks, you take the chance on him. You dont go off the radar and pick the guy with, as you stated, the worst rated skaing in the first 2 rounds.

Granted Cheechoos skating was terrible and he holds the sharks single season goals record, but I really dont see that ever happening again.

There were a lot of teams that passed on him though. I wasn't able to attend the combine this year so I don't know how either scored. We almost never get a glimpse of the players psych eval. I can only guess but I would imagine there was something there that turned them off of Terananen.

The Sharks have had some success in getting solid contributions from players with poor skating ability. Pavelski and Couture to name a couple currently on the roster. It's just my own personal preferance that skating should not be a weakness of a 1st round pick in todays NHL.