• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 UW players investigation for assult

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different coach, different era. Neuheisal's greatest failure as a coach IMO, was his coddling of Stevens. I will give Peterson the benefit of the doubt that he will do the right thing.

I really hope you're right. I just believe that the defense of significant college and pro athletes happens everywhere, just at different degrees. Say what you want about Winston, he got away with r*pe and would not have got away with it if not for his status as a star QB.

This shit happens routinely with our sports stars. These guys will get excellent legal representation and probably not be punished as they should be in the legal system. I doubt they get kicked off the team due to their status and the fact that everyone believes in second chances. I don't believe garbage like this deserves a 2nd chance but they will probably get one.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First let's see if they are guilty. Suspending kids during the off season until they know one way or the other doesn't mean they are guilty.

If they are, who knows how far Petersen will go, but I don't see the slap on the wrist that neuheisel and Sark gave. Kicked off the team? No idea, but suspended through the spring could be just as bad as it would all but eliminate Miles from being the starting QB and he would likely leave anyway.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First let's see if they are guilty. Suspending kids during the off season until they know one way or the other doesn't mean they are guilty.

If they are, who knows how far Petersen will go, but I don't see the slap on the wrist that neuheisel and Sark gave. Kicked off the team? No idea, but suspended through the spring could be just as bad as it would all but eliminate Miles from being the starting QB and he would likely leave anyway.

They're guilty. They may not be proven guilty in a court of law but they are guilty. They will have excellent legal representation and may get away with it, but they did it, regardless of what the final verdict is.

I don't practice criminal law but looking at the information I'm going to assume that their defense team will likely have a defense around the fact that it was dark (8:30pm) and that the victim selected Miles and Stringfellow due to being large, African American males who they may have recognized due to being key players on the UW football team.

I obviously don't know all of the details but just glancing over the story that is what I imagine the defense will be. The case could hinge on the smaller details such as if the woman who was assaulted earlier also identified the same player as the guy who was assaulted. There were a lot of people at that bonfire who could also confirm or deny if they were there.

As I said, the case will be dependent on the smaller details mentioned above. The case could either be airtight or it could be easy to cast doubt over what happened or who did it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with fan234...BOOT EM when found guilty and send a message to the ENTIRE team that that kind of behavior will not be excepted.

We essentially agree, just not on the wording. You don't 'send a message' with college kids. You set a policy that is set in stone and doesn't deviate for 'stars'. If he runs a tight ship, run it for everyone evenly.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiots, both of them. Suspended and likely booted off the team and schollys yanked if guilty I would imagine. I guess the kneejerk reaction would be that Sark has a couple more players heading to USC if this holds true.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Softy just had Adam Jude on his show asking him about it and Softy asked him point blank "Is there a chance they could be kicked off the team?" And Adam said yes, for sure. When he asked about what we know about what coach Petersen has done in similar situations at BSU Adam said there were some cases where even star kids were kicked off the team for similar types of incidents so there is a real chance we have seen both of them play for the last time as Huskies.

Again, if they really did what they were accused of: Not just knocking down some girl near the bon fire, but also singling out a Seahawk fan walking down the street and brutally attacked him just for being a Seahawk while they were both wearing Bronco gear they really should be kicked off the team and do so before the opening of spring camp, which is only a month away. Spring practices open March 4th.

Sorry, but when you are this big of an idiot over the loss of a game by a pro team. Time to say goodbye.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have complete faith that Petersen will do what is right to keep our program clean.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kids get shit on when Sark pulls stakes, the athletic director goes out and hires a coaching god, this coach pulls in a great recruiting class, then these two idiots go out and beat up a guy wearing a Bronco's jersey an now a woman????

What the hell were they thinking? There is no excuse for this, this town in the last week showed they treat football teams like gods when there successful, you don't go out and do shit like this, fuck em, if there found guilty yank there schollies and let them work at a grocery store the rest of there lives wondering what could ve been....

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kids get shit on when Sark pulls stakes, the athletic director goes out and hires a coaching god, this coach pulls in a great recruiting class, then these two idiots go out and beat up a guy wearing a Bronco's jersey an now a woman????

What the hell were they thinking? There is no excuse for this, this town in the last week showed they treat football teams like gods when there successful, you don't go out and do shit like this, fuck em, if there found guilty yank there schollies and let them work at a grocery store the rest of there lives wondering what could ve been....

Actually, they beat up a guy wearing SEAHAWKS gear. Miles was recruited our of Colorado.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so disappointing. I was really looking forward to Miles quarterbacking the team this year. But I agree with everyone else I don't want these kinds of people representing the University of Washington. I hope they're gone.

I hope the victims are OK and recover quickly.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they beat up a guy wearing SEAHAWKS gear. Miles was recruited our of Colorado.

King 5 said the guy had a Broncos jersey on, personally I don't give a shit if the guy was wearing a Cleveland Browns jersey, bottomline they screwed up big time if its all true....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King 5 said the guy had a Broncos jersey on, personally I don't give a shit if the guy was wearing a Cleveland Browns jersey, bottomline they screwed up big time if its all true....

The PLAYERS had the Bronco's jersey's on, not the injured person. Miles is from Colorado and String is from Cali, but both were rooting for the Bronco's. They knocked down some chick near where they were burning couches on greek row and broker her phone and then later they got out of a car and asked some random dude if he was a seahawks fan and after he said he was these two starting punching him in the face according to the victim and one witness.

Not only are they punk ass bitches, but they were attacking Seahawks in the city of Seattle while going to a school where everyone here roots for the team they were attacking. It is so fucking stupid on so many levels.

If it is true I will not root for either of these chuckleheads if they are not removed from the team. Goodbye.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a police report, a man told police he was assaulted around 8:30 p.m. Sunday on the 2300 block of NE 55th Street after the Seahawks’ Super Bowl victory over the Denver Broncos. The man said two suspects jumped out of a car and asked the man if he was a Seahawks fan. According to the police report, the man said “something like yeah of course, are you Broncos fans?”

The suspects then “came at” the man and “started punching (him) in the face,” according to the report. The man and a friend identified the two suspects by looking at the UW football roster online.

Names in the police report have been redacted.

At least one of the football players was identified as a suspect in an earlier assault near a post-Super Bowl bonfire on the corner of NE 47th Street and 19th Avenue NE. In that incident, a female victim was knocked down and had her camera damaged by one of the suspects.

Both of the suspects were described as wearing Broncos gear.

UW's Cyler Miles, Damore'ea Stringfellow suspended indefinitely | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell man... :L

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see a reason why they shouldn't be thrown off of the team (unless, of course, it wasn't actually them... but does anyone really believe that?).
Let 'em go play for Blinn JUCO, or whatever.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see a reason why they shouldn't be thrown off of the team (unless, of course, it wasn't actually them... but does anyone really believe that?).
Let 'em go play for Blinn JUCO, or whatever.

Agreed. Get them out of here.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are guilty they should both be sent packing, but let's wait to see what comes out of it. I like that Petersen didn't even wait to see what happens, but just suspended them right away. I really don't see him putting up with crap like this.

Fair or not, your QB should be the highest respectable player on your team. He is a leader and the face of your squad. You cannot have that face being one that punches people over a loss of another sporting event. And you REALLY can't have that being someone who is beating up a home town fan of that other sport.

If they are guilty and they don't get kicked off I can't ever support either one of them again. I mean I never totally gave ASJ respect back, but allowed him to pay his price and I moved on from his DUI, but there is zero chance I ever support either of these idiots again. ZERO.