• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 UW players investigation for assult

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two UW football players under investigation for alleged assault | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times
Two University of Washington football players are being investigated for an alleged assault after a post-Super Bowl incident near campus on Sunday.

The names of the players have been redacted in the Seattle Police report. No arrests were made.

UW officials did not return calls seeking comment.

Guess we might not have to wait very long to see just how different discipline will be in the Petersen era. I'm sure his tough love will end up being an eye opener for the kids he got from Sark.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KIRO tv is claiming Demore'ea Stringfellow is one of the indentifed players.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets wait and see if charges are filed, then go from there. Sometimes the media can spin the crap out of things and nobody has been charged yet....

If these two were involved in anything that brings negative light to the program or university there should be some form of discipline. That doesn't mean suspend for games, but I guarantee you if they were actually doing something like that Petersen will do something even if they are not charged. That's how he rolls. And frankly I'm happy to see it.

College coaches have a lot more tools to work with than simply suspending. As nice as that new stadium is, I'm sure none of them want to do 20 trips up the stairs to the top of the stadium and back down.

Of course if there are charges then he will probably do something more public and again I welcome that.

You had to know coming in that it was only a matter of time before one or more kids did something dumb that would allow Petersen to send the clear message that we do not conduct ourselves this way as a Husky. Just cannot be tolerated. This may not be a big deal at the end of the day, but it is a teachable moment for his whole team.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KIRO tv is claiming Demore'ea Stringfellow is one of the indentifed players.

That is not good.... This kid has the potential to be outstanding wide out, lets hope it wasn't serious and they have to run laps or serve a one game suspension and move past it...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh lovely. Cyler Miles is the other.

Looks like both have been suspended until resolved.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting both Miles and Stringfellow are suspended from the team indefinitely and there will be no other releases from the team about it.

Told you this would be a wake up call moment for the team. Petersen isn't going to play around.

Reports are both punched a man repeatedly to his left eye as well as other punches and both are being investigated for charges.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW's Cyler Miles, Damore'ea Stringfellow suspended indefinitely | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

Washington quarterback Cyler Miles and wide receiver Damore’ea Stringfellow have been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules, UW coach Chris Petersen announced Thursday in a press release.

Two UW players are being investigated by Seattle Police for an alleged assault near campus during a post-Super Bowl incident on Sunday night. No arrests have been made, according to King County Jail records.

Petersen made no further comment in the press release and will not be made available for interviews.

A man told police he was assaulted around 8:30 p.m. Sunday on the 2300 block of NE 55th Street after the Seahawks’ Super Bowl victory over the Denver Broncos. The man said two suspects jumped out of a car and asked the man if he was a Seahawks fan. According to the police report, the man said “something like yeah of course, are you Broncos fans?”

The suspects then “came at” the man and “started punching (him) in the face,” according to the report. The man and a friend identified the two suspects by looking at the UW football roster online.

Names in the police report have been redacted.

At least one of the football players was identified as a suspect in an earlier assault near a post-Super Bowl bonfire on the corner of NE 47th Street and 19th Avenue NE. In that incident, a female victim was knocked down and had her camera damaged by one of the suspects.

Both of the suspects were described as wearing Broncos gear.

Miles, a sophomore from Centennial, Colo., near Denver, was the favorite to take over as the Huskies’ starting quarterback in 2014. He started one game for injured senior Keith Price in 2013 and led UW to a 69-27 victory at Oregon State.

As a true freshman, Stringfellow, from Perris, Calif., played in 12 games for UW in 2013, starting the final three. He had 20 catches for 259 yards and one touchdown reception, from Miles, against UCLA.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's true and Miles was involved in either/both of the incidents I'd be surprised to find him playing in spring ball, at least for the early practices. Might just have cost himself a chance at the starting role. Dumb ass.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like typical Oregon Duck BS. How embarrassing to the program. The fact that Cyler Miles is from Colorado gives credibility to the victims story.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles appeared to be our starting QB going into the season and Stringfellow looks like he has elite potential and could be our #1 receiver next season (I say that because he has impressed me more than Kasen Williams)

I'm sure the University of Washington will provide them both with the best legal representation possible and they will both get off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, if even that.

Not really a big deal at all. Football is more important than justice in our society and they will not get in much trouble. It should be interesting to see how Petersen handles it. I'd be surprised if it is anything too serious considering this is his (likely) starting QB and possible #1 WR.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen reputation is that he's willing to give kids who had crimes on the records in HS a shot, but was very clear they pulled any crap while playing for his team, punishments were severe or bad enough and they were gone.

If true, they 're in big trouble and could be done at UW.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles appeared to be our starting QB going into the season and Stringfellow looks like he has elite potential and could be our #1 receiver next season (I say that because he has impressed me more than Kasen Williams)

I'm sure the University of Washington will provide them both with the best legal representation possible and they will both get off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, if even that.

Not really a big deal at all. Football is more important than justice in our society and they will not get in much trouble. It should be interesting to see how Petersen handles it. I'd be surprised if it is anything too serious considering this is his (likely) starting QB and possible #1 WR.

You haven't followed BSU much have you? Petersen doesn't let kids off, even starters, just because of football. If you fuck up you pay a steep price no matter who you are. Period. And that's the way it should be.

I would now be surprised to see Miles in spring ball. This gives Williams a huge leg up on the starting role.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Stevens beat the shit out of someone with a baseball bat in high school which caused the kid to be drinking through a straw for months, raped a girl (taking her virginity in the process) after a frat party, was cited with a reckless driving and hit and run and I think he had a DUI as well. Yet I don't believe he ever spent more than a week in jail for all of those offenses combined.

I'm sure Mike Hunsinger will be on the case and will get these poor victims off with nothing more than community service, if even that.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't followed BSU much have you? Petersen doesn't let kids off, even starters, just because of football. If you fuck up you pay a steep price no matter who you are. Period. And that's the way it should be.

I would now be surprised to see Miles in spring ball. This gives Williams a huge leg up on the starting role.

This is UW, not BSU. UW has a long reputation of letting their football players get away with whatever they want and keeping them out on the field.

These kids will get excellent legal representation and if they are even charged will likely get suspended sentences just like Stevens did.

If they don't serve a day in jail I don't see why Petersen would feel obligated to give them a serious suspension. I will say that I am unaware of how Petersen handled suspensions at BSU so if you have any examples feel free to let me know.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I suppose the bigger question is do you want these two to still play for us if this is how they are?

I mean beating up a man who is nothing more than a Seahawks fan after the Super Bowl when you are going to school in Seattle? That's Oregon-like stuff, AND shows incredible stupidity.

I wouldn't be upset to see either/both thrown off the team. Set that standard right now that this kind of BS is not going to happen here. Period.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Stevens beat the shit out of someone with a baseball bat in high school which caused the kid to be drinking through a straw for months, raped a girl (taking her virginity in the process) after a frat party, was cited with a reckless driving and hit and run and I think he had a DUI as well. Yet I don't believe he ever spent more than a week in jail for all of those offenses combined.

I'm sure Mike Hunsinger will be on the case and will get these poor victims off with nothing more than community service, if even that.

Different coach, different era. Neuheisal's greatest failure as a coach IMO, was his coddling of Stevens. I will give Peterson the benefit of the doubt that he will do the right thing.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I suppose the bigger question is do you want these two to still play for us if this is how they are?

I mean beating up a man who is nothing more than a Seahawks fan after the Super Bowl when you are going to school in Seattle? That's Oregon-like stuff, AND shows incredible stupidity.

I wouldn't be upset to see either/both thrown off the team. Set that standard right now that this kind of BS is not going to happen here. Period.

I'd prefer to see them both kicked off the team but that will not happen. I don't know much about Petersen's suspensions with big name players, but something like that would be unprecedented on a first offense.

At least one of the football players was identified as a suspect in an earlier assault near a post-Super Bowl bonfire on the corner of NE 47th Street and 19th Avenue NE. In that incident, a female victim was knocked down and had her camera damaged by one of the suspects.

Two assaults in one night? Seriously? This is why at times I have nothing but absolute disgust for college and professional sports. The way these guys are treated they believe they can get away with anything due to their status. It will be interesting to see how Petersen handles this. Miles and Stringfellow both have extremely bright futures with this team but it sounds as if they are both thugs who have no respect for anything or anyone. Assaulting women? Then assaulting a random person on the street just for being a Seahawks fan? "Piece of shit" just does not come close to describing them accurately.

They are both key players who look like they both have NFL talent but I think we must first recognize that this is still a school and behavior like this should not be tolerated. Anyone who acts like this is no doubt going to do it again and I wouldn't be surprised if they both have prior criminal records.