• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #2 Ohio State vs. #8 Penn State - FOX 12:00PM

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to add. My support of Harbaugh is because I think he's doing a good job. The only difference is standards and OSU is one of a couple programs that have had an unbelievable stretch of football the last two decades. We have gone through long stretches of losing, long stretches of losing to all our rivals and watching bad football. Seeing good football (for the most part) again is a positive sign. My support of Harbaugh despite not having any championships or wins over OSU, doesn't make me a homer. I don't think you'll find many games where I've predicted a Michigan win or something outlandish. In fact, this year I almost exactly predicted the outcome of the Wisconsin game.

The fact of the matter is, I think Michigan is worse off if we fire Harbaugh and bring in someone else unless that person is named Nick Saban.

It's really funny you don't see yourself as homer. It was just yesterday you were bragging that Harbaugh makes more money than 1st year HC Ryan Day because I reminded you Day has won an outright division title before Harbaugh.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find a comment of mine where I have ever overly praised everything Ohio State has done.

If you can't do that you're simply a liar. Which means you're a liar because I've never done that. But like I said find some proof backing your incorrect statement up. I'll be waiting to see what you don't find.

Being a liar means he knows the truth. I don't think he does.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really funny you don't see yourself as homer. It was just yesterday you were bragging that Harbaugh makes more money than 1st year HC Ryan Day because I reminded you Day has won an outright division title before Harbaugh.
That was a joke man. Your kids should teach you how to internet. It was a joke because I knew it was true. I knew OSU somehow found another coach to operate their death star and we're paying a lot for a coach, for good reason, who has none of those things. So I made a joke because what else can I say to that?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a joke man. Your kids should teach you how to internet. It was a joke because I knew it was true. I knew OSU somehow found another coach to operate their death star and we're paying a lot for a coach, for good reason, who has none of those things. So I made a joke because what else can I say to that?

Gonna call BS. Each time I call you out for being a liar you claim you're joking. You are a joke though.

You got upset when I mention Day won a division title before Harbaugh. Which is funny you'd be so angry over the truth.

Why can't you just admit you're an over the top homer? Everyone else can see it except you.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find a comment of mine where I have ever overly praised everything Ohio State has done. You like to accuse me of things & never back your nonsense up.

If you can't do that you're simply a liar. Which means you're a liar because I've never done that. But like I said find some proof backing your incorrect statement up. I'll be waiting to see what you don't find.
lol what? I accuse you of almost nothing. This is one of the few times I actually have. You literally make shit up and attribute it to me and I've called you on that for like 5 straight years. I'm just going to say, if you think I'm a homer than by your own definition you'd have to call yourself one too.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna call BS. Each time I call you out for being a liar you claim you're joking. You are a joke though.

You got upset when I mention Day won a division title before Harbaugh. Which is funny you'd be so angry over the truth.
I very literally said it in that same thread. Maybe the issue here is that you consistantly misinterpret my posts because you're too old to understand the internet? I'm not sure how that wouldn't be read as a joke? Do you think I was honestly praising the fact that Harbaugh gets twice the money for no championships?

If you really want to see what a homer looks like, look no further than this:

I didnt bookmark them all so please come and join this thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol what? I accuse you of almost nothing. This is one of the few times I actually have. You literally make shit up and attribute it to me and I've called you on that for like 5 straight years. I'm just going to say, if you think I'm a homer than by your own definition you'd have to call yourself one too.

How am I a homer when I have never overly pimped my team up in the fashion you've been doing for years? This is another question you don't have an answer for. But nothing new for you.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I very literally said it in that same thread. Maybe the issue here is that you consistantly misinterpret my posts because you're too old to understand the internet? I'm not sure how that wouldn't be read as a joke? Do you think I was honestly praising the fact that Harbaugh gets twice the money for no championships?

If you really want to see what a homer looks like, look no further than this:

You're gonna smell the glove on Saturday.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that's it's different. We've come SO close on many occasions over the last 15 years. The ball just hasn't bounced our way; and it has for those other teams. Like I said, many of those games were just catching OSU on a bad day or a bad weather day. Michigan doesn't have the luxury of catching OSU on an off day. It isn't acceptable, but it's understandable. Especially since Harbaugh didn't start this streak, it started back in 2000, 4 coaches ago.

Harbaugh was also brought here to stabilize the program, which he has. Wer'e now upset at losing to OSU instead of losing to Rutgers and not going to a bowl game. It's hard for OSU fans to understand this given your worst year was a transition year between elite head coaches who both won national titles in the last two decades. I just keep going back to 2016. We get a call our way in a game where almost every call went to OSU (including a string of terrible PI or lack of PI calls) and this conversation is different.
This is loser talk. "The ball just hasn't bounced our way", that's what losers say. Not elite programs. I know you'll complain about 2016 until the cows come home, but that should not have been a game decided by 1 play. You had a team filled with upperclassmen, many who were drafted, while we were dealing with a mass exodus of elite talent to the NFL that has not been seen often in college football history. You should've beaten us by 21 that day, but your shit coach couldn't get it done.

That's what it boils down to. Maybe you guys beat us Saturday, maybe you don't. But if you don't, the endless chorus of excuses has to end at some point. Again, you are michigan. You're not some fledgling program without a history, or money, or resources.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is loser talk. "The ball just hasn't bounced our way", that's what losers say. Not elite programs.

Exactly.

Losers always whine about "their best." Winners go home and fuck the prom queen and Maize's sister.

<flips quarter to John Patrick Mason>

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup MSU did. But he is also driving MSU into a tire fire. Harbaugh was brought here to win games again, beat OSU and win championships. OSU fans laugh at him, fine, but the reality is that I don't think anyone is coming in right now and easily taking out this OSU team. MSU's lone win against Meyer came during a hurricane; it took extreme conditions for that to happen. Everyone in the conference has a losing record vs. OSU. And everyone struggles to beat them. The major difference right now between everyone else and Harbaugh is that we haven't had something go our way (like a call in 2016) or a two point conversion attempt a few years back. We've universally had horrible luck against the Buckeyes dating back to the early 2000's.

Harbaugh is being paid his market value. If Harbaugh jumped to the NFL, that's what they would pay him. Yes, other teams have gotten better value from their coaches. This is irrelevant to me.

What I read in your post is excuses.

He is paid to win championships, not have excuses for going 10-3 at best.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem - multiple coaches who were/are being paid far less than Harbaugh and have less talent have beaten a ranked OSU. You brought Harbaugh in to do this. You aren't supposed to be on the level of Washington, Tennessee, Miami, or FSU. You're supposed to be in the elite tier, and you still have yet to even come close to it. Comparing yourself to weaker programs is not a good sign.

Shhh, don't let on.

We like it that Michigan fans accept 10-3 and no championships as the new norm.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really want to see what a "homer" is, look at this:

I don't think I go over the top in pimping out Harbaugh but I will defend things that i think people are overly critical of him for.

Sure you don't go over the top pimping up Harbaugh. Yet this all got started yesterday when I reminded you Day won a division title before Harbuagh.

It's hilarious how you hug on Harbaugh's balls 24/7 yet think you're not a homer. And like I said find some comments of mine where I have ever overly pimped up Ohio State. Why won't you do that? If you're so certain I have done what you're claiming it should be easy for you to back your incorrect nonsense up.

"I don't think I go over the top pimping up Harbaugh" :pound:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Of course you don't. Maybe the funniest & craziest things you've ever said.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is loser talk. "The ball just hasn't bounced our way", that's what losers say. Not elite programs. I know you'll complain about 2016 until the cows come home, but that should not have been a game decided by 1 play. You had a team filled with upperclassmen, many who were drafted, while we were dealing with a mass exodus of elite talent to the NFL that has not been seen often in college football history. You should've beaten us by 21 that day, but your shit coach couldn't get it done.

That's what it boils down to. Maybe you guys beat us Saturday, maybe you don't. But if you don't, the endless chorus of excuses has to end at some point. Again, you are michigan. You're not some fledgling program without a history, or money, or resources.
It wasn't like the OSU team had no talent. You had 7 draft picks that year, we had 11, OSU had 3 first rounders. Both teams had 6 guys taken in the first 3 rounds, Michigan had 5 taken in the later rounds. And we played in Ohio and dealt with a litany of bullshit calls (or lack of) the entire game prior to that final moment. I call that game out because it came down to a moment. A moment in which a call went OSU's way; a team that seems to get those calls regularly. But it also happens to be in a long line of almosts for Michigan. Games where a ball bouncing our way, just once, changes this string of events.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've universally had horrible luck against the Buckeyes dating back to the early 2000's.

Hahahaha.

Oh, Lord. I can't imagine being so pathetic that I would blame being 16-and-fucking-2 on bad luck.

I am seriously cracking up over here.