• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #2 Ohio State vs. #8 Penn State - FOX 12:00PM

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re not good with jokes.

:pound:

You're one of the most overly homeristic fans on this site. And 99.9% of the stuff you say about Harbaugh you really mean. You & your pal trustmeimright have said some of the most over the top nonsense in a lame attempt to make Harbaugh look like a better CFB coach than he really is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh so now you're trying to rationalize Jimmy Jam's failures by mentioning his salary? What he makes has nothing to do with the fact he's won nothing in ann arbor.
If anything wouldn't him making so much and accomplishing so little there be a strike against him?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're one of the most overly homeristic fans on this site. And 99.9% of the stuff you say about Harbaugh you really mean. You & your pal trustmeimright have said some of the most over the top nonsense in a lame attempt to make Harbaugh look like a better CFB coach than he really is.
I’ve said it before, your kids need to take the keyboard away from you. You’re delusional. You’re actually the biggest homer. The only difference is that your team just happens to be on an unbelievable stretch. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen you criticize a single thing OSU has done. You anointed a guy with no head coaching experience as the next coming of god and it just happened to work out. Your homerism is hidden by OSU being good.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve said it before, your kids need to take the keyboard away from you. You’re delusional. You’re actually the biggest homer. The only difference is that your team just happens to be on an unbelievable stretch. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen you criticize a single thing OSU has done. You anointed a guy with no head coaching experience as the next coming of god and it just happened to work out. Your homerism is hidden by OSU being good.
Fair point. He's lucky OSU is amazing. Otherwise his ideas about OSU being amazing would just look stupid.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How am I being a homer? By questioning Harbaugh's lack of success since returning to ann arbor?

I criticized Meyer's handling of Z. Smith. And I was just about (probably the only) Buckeye fan that wanted him fired immediately. I said last year I was fed up with the DC's. I've said for years I want AD Gene Smith fired.

That's not being a homer. That's being honest. Unlike you. Who has nothing but excuse after excuse for Harbaugh.

And as usual you have no idea what you're talking about by trying to call me a homer. Do you even get the funny irony of you calling anyone delusional? Of course you don't.

Last edited:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I being a homer? By questioning Harbaugh's lack of success since returning to ann arbor?

I criticized Meyer's handling of Z. Smith. And I was just about (probably the only) Buckeye fan that wanted him fired immediately. I said last year I was fed up with the DC's. I've said for years I want AD Gene Smith fired.

That's not being a homer. That's being honest. Unlike you. Who has nothing but excuse after excuse for Harbaugh.

And as usual you have no idea what you're talking about by trying to call me a homer. Do you even get the funny irony of you calling anyone delusional? Of course you don't.
By universally praising everything your school does? Pretty simple. A good look at my profile pic would indicate that I'm not actually a homer.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And to add. My support of Harbaugh is because I think he's doing a good job. The only difference is standards and OSU is one of a couple programs that have had an unbelievable stretch of football the last two decades. We have gone through long stretches of losing, long stretches of losing to all our rivals and watching bad football. Seeing good football (for the most part) again is a positive sign. My support of Harbaugh despite not having any championships or wins over OSU, doesn't make me a homer. I don't think you'll find many games where I've predicted a Michigan win or something outlandish. In fact, this year I almost exactly predicted the outcome of the Wisconsin game.

The fact of the matter is, I think Michigan is worse off if we fire Harbaugh and bring in someone else unless that person is named Nick Saban.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to add. My support of Harbaugh is because I think he's doing a good job. The only difference is standards and OSU is one of a couple programs that have had an unbelievable stretch of football the last two decades. We have gone through long stretches of losing, long stretches of losing to all our rivals and watching bad football. Seeing good football (for the most part) again is a positive sign. My support of Harbaugh despite not having any championships or wins over OSU, doesn't make me a homer. I don't think you'll find many games where I've predicted a Michigan win or something outlandish. In fact, this year I almost exactly predicted the outcome of the Wisconsin game.

The fact of the matter is, I think Michigan is worse off if we fire Harbaugh and bring in someone else unless that person is named Nick Saban.
You could fire Harbaugh, wait a few months, and then re-hire him and start the hype train all over again.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could fire Harbaugh, wait a few months, and then re-hire him and start the hype train all over again.

You joke, but look at what's happening in Texas right now. Hiring a coach to win 9/10 games a year is hard. OSU fans laugh because you haven't experienced it; you've been sheltered from one thing most teams have to deal with at some point. Heck, look at USC too. Look at Washington. Tennessee. Miami. FSU. The list goes on. A lot of those teams would love to be where Michigan has been most years under Harbaugh. So I don't want to give that up because he hasn't done what no Michigan has done against OSU dating back to the early 2000's (beat a ranked OSU team).

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I laugh at Michigan because Harbaugh has not lived up to the hype nor pay that he has.

He was brought on to win championships yet he has not even been to a game.

You guys like to mock Dantonio and MSU fans but they beat Meyer, been to the B1GC game and CFP.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh at Michigan because Harbaugh has not lived up to the hype nor pay that he has.

He was brought on to win championships yet he has not even been to a game.

You guys like to mock Dantonio and MSU fans but they beat Meyer, been to the B1GC game and CFP.
Yup MSU did. But he is also driving MSU into a tire fire. Harbaugh was brought here to win games again, beat OSU and win championships. OSU fans laugh at him, fine, but the reality is that I don't think anyone is coming in right now and easily taking out this OSU team. MSU's lone win against Meyer came during a hurricane; it took extreme conditions for that to happen. Everyone in the conference has a losing record vs. OSU. And everyone struggles to beat them. The major difference right now between everyone else and Harbaugh is that we haven't had something go our way (like a call in 2016) or a two point conversion attempt a few years back. We've universally had horrible luck against the Buckeyes dating back to the early 2000's.

Harbaugh is being paid his market value. If Harbaugh jumped to the NFL, that's what they would pay him. Yes, other teams have gotten better value from their coaches. This is irrelevant to me.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You joke, but look at what's happening in Texas right now. Hiring a coach to win 9/10 games a year is hard. OSU fans laugh because you haven't experienced it; you've been sheltered from one thing most teams have to deal with at some point. Heck, look at USC too. Look at Washington. Tennessee. Miami. FSU. The list goes on. A lot of those teams would love to be where Michigan has been most years under Harbaugh. So I don't want to give that up because he hasn't done what no Michigan has done against OSU dating back to the early 2000's (beat a ranked OSU team).
Here's the problem - multiple coaches who were/are being paid far less than Harbaugh and have less talent have beaten a ranked OSU. You brought Harbaugh in to do this. You aren't supposed to be on the level of Washington, Tennessee, Miami, or FSU. You're supposed to be in the elite tier, and you still have yet to even come close to it. Comparing yourself to weaker programs is not a good sign.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem - multiple coaches who were/are being paid far less than Harbaugh and have less talent have beaten a ranked OSU. You brought Harbaugh in to do this. You aren't supposed to be on the level of Washington, Tennessee, Miami, or FSU. You're supposed to be in the elite tier, and you still have yet to even come close to it. Comparing yourself to weaker programs is not a good sign.
Right. Purdue beat OSU. But suggesting we go get Brohm is silly. He also has a losing record at Purdue. I think outside of maybe PSU in 2016, the teams who have beaten OSU have done so because they just caught them on a bad day or the situation (like the weather) helped. Michigan is never going to catch OSU off guard like purdue did. So it's just not the same. My hope is that allowing things to settle here at Michigan, continue to win 10-ish games a year, hopefully soon we'll be able to get the monkey off our back. Of the teams who have taken out OSU, I think you can only argue that maybe PSU is in a better spot right now than Michigan. And even that's debatable given Harbaugh still has a winning record vs them.

And to that point, Michigan has an even or winning record against every B10 + ND team except OSU since he was brought on. That's literally his only issue at this point, Ohio State.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Purdue beat OSU. But suggesting we go get Brohm is silly. He also has a losing record at Purdue. I think outside of maybe PSU in 2016, the teams who have beaten OSU have done so because they just caught them on a bad day or the situation (like the weather) helped. Michigan is never going to catch OSU off guard like purdue did. So it's just not the same. My hope is that allowing things to settle here at Michigan, continue to win 10-ish games a year, hopefully soon we'll be able to get the monkey off our back.
Purdue last year, Iowa the year before, Michigan State multiple times. Go back to the Tressel days and it happened numerous other times by numerous programs. All of these teams have done something michigan hasn't done in almost two decades. There is no reason michigan fans should even remotely tolerate that if you believe you're truly a blue-blood, upper tier program.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue last year, Iowa the year before, Michigan State multiple times. Go back to the Tressel days and it happened numerous other times by numerous programs. All of these teams have done something michigan hasn't done in almost two decades. There is no reason michigan fans should even remotely tolerate that if you believe you're truly a blue-blood, upper tier program.
All I can say is that's it's different. We've come SO close on many occasions over the last 15 years. The ball just hasn't bounced our way; and it has for those other teams. Like I said, many of those games were just catching OSU on a bad day or a bad weather day. Michigan doesn't have the luxury of catching OSU on an off day. It isn't acceptable, but it's understandable. Especially since Harbaugh didn't start this streak, it started back in 2000, 4 coaches ago.

Harbaugh was also brought here to stabilize the program, which he has. Wer'e now upset at losing to OSU instead of losing to Rutgers and not going to a bowl game. It's hard for OSU fans to understand this given your worst year was a transition year between elite head coaches who both won national titles in the last two decades. I just keep going back to 2016. We get a call our way in a game where almost every call went to OSU (including a string of terrible PI or lack of PI calls) and this conversation is different.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By universally praising everything your school does? Pretty simple. A good look at my profile pic would indicate that I'm not actually a homer.

Find a comment of mine where I have ever overly praised everything Ohio State has done. You like to accuse me of things & never back your nonsense up.

If you can't do that you're simply a liar. Which means you're a liar because I've never done that. But like I said find some proof backing your incorrect statement up. I'll be waiting to see what you don't find.