• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: (2) Nuggets vs. (7) Spurs

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs going to regret this one.

Can't give up a 19 point 2nd half lead.

Warriors already laid the blue print for how to do that and then some. Warriors really are better at everything than the league. Wow.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick White better fucking get votes for Most Improved Player and all-NBA defensive teams.
The team is a juggernaut and extremely dangerous when he plays well

They could have won 50+ had he not gotten hurt for 10 games.
He is the best two-way Spurs guard since a young Manu Ginobili.

Elite defender.....and now is becoming a great scorer
The Spurs backcourt is loaded for the future with Murray and White.

I am not even sure I want to trade 2 first round picks and White/Murray for AD anymore.
But, if the Spurs do offer 2 first rounders and White/Murray, people are not going to laugh about their chances.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick White > White by Bret Easton Ellis

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White scored 36 points while only shooting one 3-pointer in 31 minutes
1 turnover
+30 box plus minus
completely and utterly shut down the opposing point guard on the other end

That was arguably one of the best playoff performances I have ever seen.
but it was so understated and subtle nuanced excellence not great for the ESPN highlight addicted viewer.

I fully expect him to have a rookie horrible game somewhere in this series as it will happen.
But, this was a masterpiece of offense and defense at least for one game.

I will savor it for 24 hours...and then the nerves start all over again.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder whats gonna happen with Dejounte next season... Ideally White moves to his natural 2 and Dejounte plays the 1.

Just when you start to think the Spurs may be done, they get a gem in White. This franchise is so solid that DeRozan looks good.

Tony Parker's sabotage attempt failed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Mr. Murray showed up in 1 of 12 quarters played this series and basically got called out by his coach last night lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder whats gonna happen with Dejounte next season... Ideally White moves to his natural 2 and Dejounte plays the 1.

Just when you start to think the Spurs may be done, they get a gem in White. This franchise is so solid that DeRozan looks good.

Tony Parker's sabotage attempt failed.

The Spurs always find those gems. He is only 24 too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are hot.

If the Nugs can't win this series (nothing against the Spurs bc they are playing great) then there isn't much hope for them in the future. Yeah they are young but too much competition in the West to be losing in the first round when you get the #2 seed.

I've never been a fan of Millsap. 1 rebound and 5 fouls in 29 mins LOLzzz

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are hot.

If the Nugs can't win this series (nothing against the Spurs bc they are playing great) then there isn't much hope for them in the future. Yeah they are young but too much competition in the West to be losing in the first round when you get the #2 seed.

So a team that got back to the playoffs for the first time in 6 years & is one of the youngest in the league has no future if they get bounced in the first round? Not sure I agree w/ that.

In the off season though they should go after more scoring. Have no idea what the teams money situation is but do you think Kemba Walker would be a good addition?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a team that got back to the playoffs for the first time in 6 years & is one of the youngest in the league has no future if they get bounced in the first round? Not sure I agree w/ that.

In the off season though they should go after more scoring. Have no idea what the teams money situation is but do you think Kemba Walker would be a good addition?

I didn't say no future but this was a great opportunity for them.
I see a lot of issues one being they aren't an offensive powerhouse and you need to be in this league right now. They don't need to pick up that option on Millsap. We will see how Porter turns out though, he could really help them depending on his injury issues.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking at their payroll it doesn't look like they can afford a big FA. $18M max or around there is their cap if they let Millsap walk. Kemba is going to want more than that. Will be interesting what they do in the offseason though, they have a good young core just missing pieces.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say no future but this was a great opportunity for them.
I see a lot of issues one being they aren't an offensive powerhouse and you need to be in this league right now. They don't need to pick up that option on Millsap. We will see how Porter turns out though, he could really help them depending on his injury issues.

Oh there's no question the Nuggets have some issues to address in the off season. And I agree they don't need to pick up the Milsap option.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at their payroll it doesn't look like they can afford a big FA. $18M max or around there is their cap if they let Millsap walk. Kemba is going to want more than that. Will be interesting what they do in the offseason though, they have a good young core just missing pieces.

Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure where they were cap wise.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are hot.

I don't know if I would say there isn't much hope for the future. Denver is young and the Spurs, with Pop coaching them, aren't your typical 7 seed. They would be a handful for pretty much anyone.

Malone is a good coach and might one day be as good as Pop, but right now, he's not and that's a lot of the difference.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are hot.

Denver is very similar to Portland. Core will do well in the regular season, but the model isn't built for the post season. Of course there is the Warriors always in the way regardless of how great of a season or post season you have.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know

Same here. And I intend to stay that way all day. Just hope I don't ruin the brisket & ribs I'm cooking for my niece & nephew's birthday party later in the day. 3 years difference between them but born one day apart.