• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Nuggets vs 3) T'Wolves

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. MJ could take over a game. Joker can’t do that. Sorry. He’s a facilitator and that guy is always dependent on the people around him.
And Murray isn't? Just because you're more team oriented doesn't make you less valuable than a much less important 2nd banana.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Murray isn't?
No. Murray has become a better playmaker but he’s a scorer first and foremost. I’ve seen him go out and get 50 and will his team to a win. I’ve seen him completely take over quarters. That’s not who Jokic is.
Just because you're more team oriented doesn't make you less valuable than a much less important 2nd banana.
It means that when the team has a bad night they’re fucked because the best player can’t tell everybody to get on my back and I’ll take it home.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. MJ could take over a game. Joker can’t do that. Sorry. He’s a facilitator and that guy is always dependent on the people around him.

He takes over a game is different ways because he doesn’t try to score every time he touches it.

But you are silly to think Joker can’t take over a game. He just lets the game come to him and tries to make the best play possible.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He takes over a game is different ways because he doesn’t try to score every time he touches it.
For multiple games in this series his supporting cast didn’t show. He couldn’t do what MJ does. He couldn’t do what LeBron has done. He’s not that guy. He’s a facilitator and that guy is always dependent on the supporting cast. “Different ways” shit is for the regular season.
But you are silly to think Joker can’t take over a game. He just lets the game come to him and tries to make the best play possible.
Then why doesn’t he? Pretty stupid fucking thing to say when his team needed 50 out of him last night. Hes not that guy. He will never be that guy. He didn’t even make his first 3 until the 4th quarter. He was 0-8 from 3. In the entirety of his playoffs he was 25% from 3. What are you talking about? He can’t take over a game in that way and that’s why without Playoff Jamal Murray closing games for him he’s out in the 2nd round.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For multiple games in this series his supporting cast didn’t show. He couldn’t do what MJ does. He couldn’t do what LeBron has done. He’s not that guy. He’s a facilitator and that guy is always dependent on the supporting cast. “Different ways” shit is for the regular season.

Then why doesn’t he? Pretty stupid fucking thing to say when his team needed 50 out of him last night. Hes not that guy. He will never be that guy. He didn’t even make his first 3 until the 4th quarter. He was 0-8 from 3. In the entirety of his playoffs he was 25% from 3. What are you talking about? He can’t take over a game in that way and that’s why without Playoff Jamal Murray closing games for him he’s out in the 2nd round.

Nobody else can do what LeBron and MJ could do.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody else can do what LeBron and MJ could do.
Nobody can do what LeBron and MJ can do as consistently as they did. But tons of guys could do that. We’ve seen it. Jimmy Butler can do that. James Harden can do that. Jamal Murray can do that. Jokic can’t do that.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is wrong. When the game is in the mud and you need your star to take over Jokic isn’t that guy. He’s a facilitator. That’s worth fuck all if people are having a bad night or series.

The whole team, including him, went ice cold offensively and never got it back. It was weird af and a terrible time for it to happen but it happens.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody can do what LeBron and MJ can do as consistently as they did. But tons of guys could do that. We’ve seen it. Jimmy Butler can do that. James Harden can do that. Jamal Murray can do that. Jokic can’t do that.

Jokic does it in the way that Magic did it.

Every possession runs through him.

He just doesn’t always take the shot.

Still completely controlling the game in a way that only the very best players can do.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole team, including him, went ice cold offensively and never got it back. It was weird af and a terrible time for it to happen but it happens.
You mean all playoffs? Jokic was 25% from 3 in two series.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic does it in the way that Magic did it.
Magic? Do you mean Magic Johnson? The guy who was a rookie and when Kareem was hurt went out and got 42 to clinch an NBa title in Game 6? Sit down please.
Every possession runs through him.
So he’s responsible for the 14 point 3rd quarter then?
He just doesn’t always take the shot.
Still completely controlling the game in a way that only the very best players can do.
Except in the ways that he absolutely can’t.

I mean Khris Middleton could but Jokic can’t. But that’s fine.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic? Do you mean Magic Johnson? The guy who was a rookie and when Kareem was hurt went out and got 42 to clinch an NBa title in Game 6? Sit down please.

So he’s responsible for the 14 point 3rd quarter then?

Except in the ways that he absolutely can’t.

I mean Khris Middleton could but Jokic can’t. But that’s fine.
You are making some good points here but they are a tangent from the initial disagreement. Jokic might be exactly the player you describe, but that still doesn't make him less valuable to the team overall than Murray.

Like I said, replace Jokic and that team wins a lot fewer games than if you replace Murray instead

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean all playoffs? Jokic was 25% from 3 in two series.

Last night. Comparing him to MJ or Lebron is silly, but everyone has games where they just aren't going in including those 2... and ftr he was basically scoring at will in game 5. Murray has never even made 3rd team all-nba, but he and not Jokic is the key to their success? You must be trolling.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are making some good points here but they are a tangent from the initial disagreement. Jokic might be exactly the player you describe, but that still doesn't make him less valuable to the team overall than Murray.
Except of course when it comes time to close out NBA playoff games.
Like I said, replace Jokic and that team wins a lot fewer games than if you replace Murray instead
Make sure you replace Jokic with a real point guard and another big piece to the tune of 48 million in cap to go alongside Murray.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night. Comparing him to MJ or Lebron is silly, but everyone has games where they just aren't going in including those 2... and ftr he was basically scoring at will in game 5. Murray has never even made 3rd team all-nba, but he and not Jokic is the key to their success? You must be trolling.
No the thing is, I actually watch NBA basketball. I don’t draw my opinions based upon what sports writers vote upon. Anyone who has watched Denver over the last few years knows how good Murray is and how important he is to what Denver does.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the thing is, I actually watch NBA basketball. I don’t draw my opinions based upon what sports writers vote upon. Anyone who has watched Denver over the last few years knows how good Murray is and how important he is to what Denver does.

I bet those sports writers watch basketball too.. being it's their job and all. Of course Murray is important. Nobody says he isn't. Jokic is the straw that stirs the drink there though. He's irreplaceable. There are many other guys who could do what Murray does for them.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except of course when it comes time to close out NBA playoff games.

Make sure you replace Jokic with a real point guard and another big piece to the tune of 48 million in cap to go alongside Murray.
It makes absolutely no difference that you think Murray is the more important player. But a weird flex from a usually astute NBA fan.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet those sports writers watch basketball too.. being it's their job and all. Of course Murray is important. Nobody says he isn't. Jokic is the straw that stirs the drink there though. He's irreplaceable. There are many other guys that could do what Murray does for them.
He’s absolutely not irreplaceable. You get a Chris Paul pass first PG in his prime and a rim runner and defender like Clint Capela.

People lose their shit over this guy because he plays the role of PG as a C.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen Jokic do it too. True we have to remember all the way back to.....5/14......but the guy had a 40 point, 13 assist game with zero TOs. Think MJ ever had such a game? The answer is no.

How about averaging 30, 14 and 9 in the Finals on 58% shooting