• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Memphis Grizzlies vs 3) Golden State Warriors

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....he definitely rubbed some of the wrong people the wrong way.
I mean, his intentions were good on the surface as far as the teams success, but he suddenly veered off course and went about it in a weird way...then it became a tired act.

That said..I do like him doing games in his analyst roll with JVG and others..and I hope he keeps that gig.
The guy still does have a lot of basketball knowledge and insight.
Oh, I love him and JVG together.

They have great chemistry.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....he definitely rubbed some of the wrong people the wrong way.
I mean, his intentions were good on the surface as far as the teams success, but he suddenly veered off course and went about it in a weird way...then it became a tired act.

That said..I do like him doing games in his analyst roll with JVG and others..and I hope he keeps that gig.
The guy still does have a lot of basketball knowledge and insight.

Interesting info about Jackson. Had no idea. Very weird. But I agree he's good calling games. I like when he calls games with SVG. Reggie Miller's good too. But I'm not a fan of Doris Burke.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a great coach, but he belonged in the loony bin. How could a guy bring a team from where the Dubs were before him to where they were when he was fired and get fired? It has to take one hell of a personality conflict. And it did.

By all reports I saw/read, he was responsible for the team focus of team-first and defense, and he was responsible for getting everyone to sign on to it. But his religious proclivities were too extreme for a team environment consisting of professionals. He didn’t respect others’ points of view.
Well said.

If the stories are true, I 100% agree.

I knew there was something MORE to the story when Darren Erman, the guy who was secretly recording Jackson, was hired by the Celtics.

You would think that doing something like that would be so fundamentally against the locker room code that Erman would never get a paid gig in the NBA again.

Yet, he didn't have to.wait long to get another job.

Add in the Scalabrine dust up and things were clearly not great under Jackson.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting info about Jackson. Had no idea. Very weird. But I agree he's good calling games. I like when he calls games with SVG. Reggie Miller's good too. But I'm not a fan of Doris Burke.
Really?

I love DB.

The guy who has me scratching my head is Chris Haynes.

Good guy who clearly has a " in " with the players.

But, like Vince Carter, he needs to take a public speaking class.

They trip over their words so much that it's painful to watch sometimes.

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit calm down gaylord. Bad half, bricklaying. Second half, look like contenders.
Klay has looked like shit this playoff series. If he doesn't pick up his efficiency the Warriors won't make it out of the west. I'm rooting for the Warriors with the Lakers out of the playoffs so there is no need for the name calling especially from someone who is a homophobe.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay has looked like shit this playoff series. If he doesn't pick up his efficiency the Warriors won't make it out of the west. I'm rooting for the Warriors with the Lakers out of the playoffs so there is no need for the name calling especially from someone who is a homophobe.
I'm not a homophobe, you're a gaylord focker. I called you names because you made a lame post about the Warriors looking terrible after winning their first series in 5 and looking to win their next in 5 or 6. Then you said they aren't championship level. Really? Which of these others are? Also, Vegas thinks you're a gaylord too as the Ws are favorites to win it all right now:

You're wrong about Klay, who obviously has had a couple bad games but he's overall been helpful and one of the reasons why they are going to the WCF. Suns will be slight favorites IMO due to home court but it could go either way. Winner likely favored to win the title.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can be racial if you want it to be
Eh, no and that seems like the kind of thing someone would say who doesn't like being called out for it. "What, you're too sensitive!" Things change, the culture evolves, and words go from ok or tolerated to sorry, can't use those no more.

I was genuinely curious about that word, but no not everything is 'racial'.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, no and that seems like the kind of thing someone would say who doesn't like being called out for it. "What, you're too sensitive!" Things change, the culture evolves, and words go from ok or tolerated to sorry, can't use those no more.

I was genuinely curious about that word, but no not everything is 'racial'.
I really don’t care but you do realize the referenced comment was contrasting 2 guys that are both black right?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t care but you do realize the referenced comment was contrasting 2 guys that are both black right?
Sure, like I said I didn't think that particular word was racist. But then you said anything can be 'if you want it to be' which sounds like accusing others of oversensitivity

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I asked black people, CL doesn't seem to think it's racist.

I don't think I've ever heard it used as a racist term. Everytime that I have heard it used, it's been against a man who was acting like a caveman...I've heard it as sort of interchangeable with Neanderthal.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've ever heard it used as a racist term. Everytime that I have heard it used, it's been against a man who was acting like a caveman...I've heard it as sort of interchangeable with Neanderthal.
Yep, me too. That's why I asked those guys. Unlike some if a word I think is ok turns out not to be anymore, I just drop it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I mean the Dubs firing him.

Could they have won with him?

Yep.

But, if the acrimony between him and management was as bad as advertised, you never know how that could have altered history.

Yeah, basically he set the Warriors on the path to what they became, but he turned into an asshole and apparently some kind of religious freak and it caused issues.

I've said that, while he wouldn't be my first choice, the Lakers can and have done worse. He knows basketball and I think he could probably stand up to Lebron when necessary.

He would have had to have learned from what happened with the Warriors though. If he hasn't....hard pass.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

I love DB.

The guy who has me scratching my head is Chris Haynes.

Good guy who clearly has a " in " with the players.

But, like Vince Carter, he needs to take a public speaking class.

They trip over their words so much that it's painful to watch sometimes.

Just once I wanna see Screamin' A. and Skippy Bayless call a game.

:stephena:

:skip:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, me too. That's why I asked those guys. Unlike some if a word I think is ok turns out not to be anymore, I just drop it.

To me, it depends on the word. If the word has always had a racial aspect to it (or has always been race based) then I won't use it. For example, the word Monty seems to think is still okay.

But something like "knuckle dragger" or "Neanderthal" which I've never heard used as a racial slur and that I've been called myself...I'm not gonna worry about that one.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, like I said I didn't think that particular word was racist. But then you said anything can be 'if you want it to be' which sounds like accusing others of oversensitivity
Quit trying to get into peoples heads