• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Memphis Grizzlies vs 3) Golden State Warriors

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knuckle dragger is also a derogatory slur towards black people.
That's why I asked black people, CL doesn't seem to think it's racist.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I asked black people, CL doesn't seem to think it's racist.

Actually knuckle dragger being a racist term isn't something I'm saying on my own. My bro-n-law back home in Ohio has had an issue with that term for years. And yes, he's black.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am i just a crazy Draymond hater, or is it legit to criticize his near absolute refusal to shoot the ball last night? Of course, he's great on the defensive end, but 2 shot attempts in 33 minutes doesn't seem to be a good thing. The offense is so much better when he's aggressive. Granted, he was far from the only problem last night for the offense.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am i just a crazy Draymond hater, or is it legit to criticize his near absolute refusal to shoot the ball last night? Of course, he's great on the defensive end, but 2 shot attempts in 33 minutes doesn't seem to be a good thing. The offense is so much better when he's aggressive. Granted, he was far from the only problem last night for the offense.
Imho, he should basically ONLY take gimme layups. and just because he may be open at 17 feet does not mean he should take that shot. He is open for a reason.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imho, he should basically ONLY take gimme layups. and just because he may be open at 17 feet does not mean he should take that shot. He is open for a reason.

He shouldn't midrange shots at all, IMO. But he often passes up shots when he is 8 feet or less from the basket. The most glaring example is the clinching game against the Nuggets. He had an open dunk available, but he passed it to the perimeter. He essentially did a Ben Simmons. Thankfully, GP2 made the three.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great question.

You have watched a lot more games than me, so my perception could be way off. And my opinion is based almost entirely on previous Warrior teams since I have watched maybe 4 regular season games this season. Perhaps Kerr has improved.

But my perception is that the 3rd quarter sprees are more about defensive energy than adjustments from Kerr.

Maybe it is equal parts coverage changes, but isn’t Mike Brown the defensive guy in GS? Is it Kerr pushing those buttons or is it Brown?

The Curry/Klay/Dray Warriors have always been able to steamroll opponents when getting stops and converting offensively. It is the defensive energy that isn’t always there in the first like it is in the 3rd, for the most part, IMO.

Mike Brown and Ron Adams have been the defensive coordinators for the team in past years. You could be right about just the energy being different, it definitely feels different at times. But also there seems to be a different plan of attack. Could be fueled mostly by defensive strategies though.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I've read that Kerr encourages him to take a few open 3's every game. Might as well check if your shot is on if the D leaves you wide open like that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I've read that Kerr encourages him to take a few open 3's every game. Might as well check if your shot is on if the D leaves you wide open like that.
A 3 is different from a 17 footer, but yes, I agree. He does on occasion flash a useable 3.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna split hairs over who did what..or who didn't do this or that during the game last night.
And although it wasn't pretty, to me a win is a win. Bottom line. But that was a big comeback win for them considering they didn't have a lead in the game once until there was less a minute to go in the 4th qtr.
The stars aligned above SF at just the right moment.
I'm sure they'll dissect some of their issues during the film sessions today and tomorrow to mitigate their mistakes from happening again prior to the game 5 tipoff....and we'll see the well oiled title caliber machine we're used to watching.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, is all that Cult shit about Mark Jackson true?

I always wondered why he never got another job.

I thought it was just the stuff with his assistant coach recording him.

But, he is a cook if he was actually trying to cleanse the devil from folks by laying hands on them.

Wtf?!?!

The article contained the following: Extensive reporting on the cult-like “us against them” atmosphere Jackson had cultivated, in which he regularly demeaned the bosses to those within the locker room. Allegations that Jackson had, in his final days with the team, ramped up the religious rhetoric in ways that were increasingly extreme and divisive. How Mark had, according to sourcing, accused underlings of “being influenced by the devil,” inspiring Jackson to “lay hands on them to cleanse them of their evil spirits.”

– via Ethan Strauss @ House of Strauss

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn't midrange shots at all, IMO. But he often passes up shots when he is 8 feet or less from the basket. The most glaring example is the clinching game against the Nuggets. He had an open dunk available, but he passed it to the perimeter. He essentially did a Ben Simmons. Thankfully, GP2 made the three.
I think he probably just has it hard coded in his head to be a facilitator rather than a shooter. That may cause a problem from time to time, but if he is able to bypass that decision making time when he has the ball, it will end up helping the team more in the long run than him having to read the situation and make a decision. Even if that on,y take a fraction of a fraction of a second.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, is all that Cult shit about Mark Jackson true?

I always wondered why he never got another job.

I thought it was just the stuff with his assistant coach recording him.

But, he is a cook if he was actually trying to cleanse the devil from folks by laying hands on them.

Wtf?!?!

The article contained the following: Extensive reporting on the cult-like “us against them” atmosphere Jackson had cultivated, in which he regularly demeaned the bosses to those within the locker room. Allegations that Jackson had, in his final days with the team, ramped up the religious rhetoric in ways that were increasingly extreme and divisive. How Mark had, according to sourcing, accused underlings of “being influenced by the devil,” inspiring Jackson to “lay hands on them to cleanse them of their evil spirits.”

– via Ethan Strauss @ House of Strauss
Dude was a part time shaman/spiritual healer.

viceland GIF by Hamilton's Pharmacopeia

200.gif

Last edited:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna split hairs over who did what..or who didn't do this or that during the game last night.
And although it wasn't pretty, to me a win is a win. Bottom line. But that was a big comeback win for them considering they didn't have a lead in the game once until there was less a minute to go in the 4th qtr.
The stars aligned above SF at just the right moment.
I'm sure they'll dissect some of their issues during the film sessions today and tomorrow to mitigate their mistakes from happening again prior to the game 5 tipoff....and we'll see the well oiled title caliber machine we're used to watching.
We will probably see the well oiled machine lose game 5. Not a lock but I'd be mildly surprised if the Ws win game 5

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all dodged a bullet.

Please let the clown car Lakers hire him next.
You mean the Knicks?

Hahaha..I'm pretty sure those "healing" days of his are now a thing of the past.
IMHO..and so are his head coaching days in the NBA too....fwiw.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the Knicks?

Hahaha..I'm pretty sure those "healing" days of his are now a thing of the past.
IMHO..and so are his head coaching days in the NBA too....fwiw.
No.

I mean the Dubs firing him.

Could they have won with him?

Yep.

But, if the acrimony between him and management was as bad as advertised, you never know how that could have altered history.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all dodged a bullet.

You know who'd be a better HC for the Lakers than Jackson?

Rob Pelinka. He could take the job and Linda Rambis could be the Purple 'n Gold's next GM.

What could possibly go wrong with that?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he probably just has it hard coded in his head to be a facilitator rather than a shooter. That may cause a problem from time to time, but if he is able to bypass that decision making time when he has the ball, it will end up helping the team more in the long run than him having to read the situation and make a decision. Even if that on,y take a fraction of a fraction of a second.
The way I see it, Draymond is heading to the Hall of Fame because he mentally, physically, and through max effort has maximized his talents, which are not as God given as most. I trust him to know what to do out there, he's like another coach. He knows a hell of a lot more about how to play than us posters

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I mean the Dubs firing him.

Could they have won with him?

Yep.

But, if the acrimony between him and management was as bad as advertised, you never know how that could have altered history.
Yeah....he definitely rubbed some of the wrong people the wrong way.
I mean, his intentions were good on the surface as far as the teams success, but he suddenly veered off course and went about it in a weird way...then it became a tired act.

That said..I do like him doing games in his analyst roll with JVG and others..and I hope he keeps that gig.
The guy still does have a lot of basketball knowledge and insight.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all dodged a bullet.

He was a great coach, but he belonged in the loony bin. How could a guy bring a team from where the Dubs were before him to where they were when he was fired and get fired? It has to take one hell of a personality conflict. And it did.

By all reports I saw/read, he was responsible for the team focus of team-first and defense, and he was responsible for getting everyone to sign on to it. But his religious proclivities were too extreme for a team environment consisting of professionals. He didn’t respect others’ points of view.