• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Memphis Grizzlies vs 3) Golden State Warriors

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step aside, Kawhi Leonard....lol
Jordan Poole is now essentially "The Claw"

Red Lobster Yes GIF by Transparent Feed

Yup. I don't remember Kawhi ever crushing another player's bone with his hands.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said they aren't championship level YET. If Klay can return to form, at least 80% of where he was before his injury then the Warriors could win another ring this year.
Vegas thinks they are already there but sure. Klay is already back to 80% of where he was, I know this from watching him and from how the team and commentators here describe it.

The thing is, the key this year isn't Klay it's Poole. He's the 4th Beatle. And on days when Klay and Poole are bad, Steph can still win a game like he did in the 4th quarter last night (18 points)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really want to get involved here, but…

How could you possibly say the Dubs aren’t Championship level? They have the most championship experience and pedigree of any team in the NBA.
And they're Vegas favorites (right now). That's why I'm busting his balls.

It's gonna be either the Ws, Bucks, or Suns winning it (Celtics might too but I think the Bucks knock them off)

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I asked black people, CL doesn't seem to think it's racist.
It's a euphemism for Monkey.

But, it's mostly used to call someone a caveman.

I've only seen it used as the latter.

But, old heads from the South see it as a slur.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. But that is good news for him and the Grizzlies that it is only a bone bruise. I'm not a doctor, but it sounds better than an MCL or ACL problem.
Surgeries are never 100 percent on whether the body part will ever be the same again. Bone bruises hurt like a mother fucker but no bruise has ever been permanent if given time to heal correctly.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've ever heard it used as a racist term. Everytime that I have heard it used, it's been against a man who was acting like a caveman...I've heard it as sort of interchangeable with Neanderthal.
It's a geographical and generational thing.

Way to subtle for today's racists....lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one, this started with a post from Wamu above
So, I'm with @thunderc on this one.

Anything can sound racist if you look hard enough.

As a casual pearl clutcher, if I saw Knuckle dragging, open mouth used to describe a black guy, I might see racial undertones.

But, knowing Draymond always has his mouth WIDE OPEN and runs around screaming like a fucking banshee all game, it's just a unfortunate word choice.

But, some do see it ass a substitute for monkey, primate.

To me, it means Caveman.

But, the author should have known better.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm with @thunderc on this one.

Anything can sound racist if you look hard enough.

As a casual pearl clutcher, if I saw Knuckle dragging, open mouth used to describe a black guy, I might see racial undertones.

But, knowing Draymond always has his mouth WIDE OPEN and runs around screaming like a fucking banshee all game, it's just a unfortunate word choice.

But, some do see it ass a substitute for monkey, primate.

To me, it means Caveman.
Honestly where I was coming from is the guy was saying that Draymond can get away with things that Kyle Anderson can’t. How anyone could even begin to take anything racial out of that I could not possibly understand. You have to be looking to call something racial there, and then it doesn’t make sense.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's gonna be either the Ws, Bucks, or Suns winning it (Celtics might too but I think the Bucks knock them off)

I really like the Celtics to win it all. I hope I'm wrong because I want the Warriors to win it all.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep in mind that the Vegas odds are not meant as a prediction by the oddsmakers. It's a very complicated thing that is probably beyond my comprehension, but the oddsmakers are simply trying to make the money pot as even as possible so that the house wins no matter what happens. Popular teams like the Warriors are often going to have lower payouts because a lot of people are placing bets on them.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that the Vegas odds are not meant as a prediction by the oddsmakers. It's a very complicated thing that is probably beyond my comprehension, but the oddsmakers are simply trying to make the money pot as even as possible so that the house wins no matter what happens. Popular teams like the Warriors are often going to have lower payouts because a lot of people are placing bets on them.
Correct but it does say they are one of the likely winners if they have those odds.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct but it does say they are one of the likely winners if they have those odds.

I think the public is often correct on who the best teams are. I think what odds really reflect is the public confidence in certain teams.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly where I was coming from is the guy was saying that Draymond can get away with things that Kyle Anderson can’t. How anyone could even begin to take anything racial out of that I could not possibly understand. You have to be looking to call something racial there, and then it doesn’t make sense.
I agree.

People can skew things and frame them to look however they choose.

But, the rest of us just need to use a bit of common sense to see thru it.

Draymond is a notorious mouth breather.

But, if you are a pearl clutcher.....

Apparently, Its a thin line between a funny jab about his inability to close his mouth and a slur.