• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs 7) Indiana Pacers

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, the post was was exaggerated on purpose. I realize no one is literally saying the Cavs suck (for the most part).

I could be wrong --- and I definitely don't claim to be impartial on the matter --- but my perception is that it is way more than just 1 or 2 haters when it comes to the Cavs. I'm not complaining about that. If I didn't like it I'd leave. I actually enjoy it.

And Lord knows I get called out for my LeBron-apologist opinions all the time.
I think most people confuse the banter on here for hate towards the Cavs. We're usually discussion the asinine crap that is either done on the court or said in the presser. If they would stop giving us material I'm sure there wouldn't be much convo here. And, I'm pretty sure LBJs passive aggressive personality wants people talking about him and/or his team - otherwise he'd just STFU!!!!!!!!!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't control who the opponent is. The Pacers scored 17 points in the 3rd quarter. In large part because Lebron was dominating the game.

Lebron was fucking ridiculous in that 2nd half.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is until after next year. It's why Lakers fans are kind of divided about getting him. I'm in the "get him now if you don't have to give up too much" camp. Others are in the, "Why give up anything for him when you can get him after next year as an FA" camp.

You're right

They should go after CP3/Durant

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys don't understand.

I don't want anyone gargling on the cavs balls are predicting great things for them.

If you really think the Cavs are vulnerable, then make a bold prediction. I'd rather you back up your constant "wow look how bad the Cavs defense is" and your "LOL cavs defense" and your "these struggles will catch up to them" with a prediction that actually matches that.
Ummmm.....I'm pretty sure most of us said they'd lose against WHICHEVER team comes out of the West. That isn't a prediction?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was fucking ridiculous in that 2nd half.

LeBron is fucking ridiculous in the playoffs in general.

There's a reason he's going to go down as a top 3 player to play the game, he's one of the ATG players.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm.....I'm pretty sure most of us said they'd lose against WHICHEVER team comes out of the West. That isn't a prediction?
Even before their defensive struggles you guys said they would lose to the Warriors, so no, it's not much of a prediction.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you a question.

If the Cavs lose in the next round... how many of those posters do you think will be going off on "I told so!" posts?
:peace:

You can count on me for that! But I think most of us have already made it clear it would be directed at Wiggy and IMO TJL.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right

They should go after CP3/Durant

CP3 is too old for there to be any interest on his part, imo. The Lakers are very young and CP3 is about to be 32 years old. It would benefit the Lakers to have him because their players could learn a lot from him.

But, at his age, he's looking for rings and even with him, the Lakers are a good 2-3 years away (and that's only if they make all of the right moves and their young guys pan out).

As for KD, I don't see him leaving the Warriors any time soon. Especially if they win the title.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can pick them to lose whenever the hell you want.

But if you're picking them to make it out of the East then I'm not gonna take any of your "lol at the Cavs struggles" posts seriously because you clearly aren't taking the struggles seriously yourself.
:sad2:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is fucking ridiculous in the playoffs in general.

There's a reason he's going to go down as a top 3 player to play the game, he's one of the ATG players.

Currently, I have him as a very solid #4 behind MJ, Kareem and Magic. I don't really see an instance where I would move him down. If he gets to .500 in the finals, I'd probably move him to #3. If he can get to above .500 in the finals, I'd probably bump him to #2.

As far as GOAT, I think that ship has sailed.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, who was it last year that was claiming that Kyrie Irving was better than Steph Curry? Wiggy or Lebron23James?
Ummm, both

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even before their defensive struggles you guys said they would lose to the Warriors, so no, it's not much of a prediction.

So saying they would lose to the Warriors even before they started providing evidence that they aren't likely to beat them is somehow not much of a prediction?

That seems exactly like a prediction. Not much of a prediction would be waiting until seeing how bad their defense is before making a prediction.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So saying they would lose to the Warriors even before they started providing evidence that they aren't likely to beat them is somehow not much of a prediction?

That seems exactly like a prediction. Not much of a prediction would be waiting until seeing how bad their defense is before making a prediction.

The way you guys were freaking out about their defensive struggles, made it sound like they aren't getting out of the West.

I also like how you all pencil in the Golden Showers and completely disrespect quite a few solid teams in the West, including the 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x San Antonio Spurs

And 1x (MORE THAN CURRY) 1x 1x 1x 1x FMVP Kawhi Leonard.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really was. I honestly think that Lue sat Irving and Love just so the other guys would get out of Lebron's way.

lol You may be right on that. I don't like the guy, but I have no problem giving credit where it's due and he definitely deserves all of the credit for that. That game came down to Lebron getting pissed about what was happening and not allowing his team to lose.

Shit, I think I even heard some Pacers fans cheering some of what he was doing.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I wasn't so much as surprised that the Pacers blew that big of a lead, but more so that they were able to get that in the first place. The Cavs have such a dynamic offense, that at any time they can explode which they did starting in that 3rd quarter. The Pacers defense itself isn't that great to begin with.

The Cavs are still the lead dog in the East. Last night just reinforced that. I think there's a formula to beating the Cavs, but it's a really, really tough one. You need to be able to defend the perimeter, rebound and also be able to go at them decently offensively. If just one of those things is missing, you're going to have a tough time beating them in any given game.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love & Kyrie sitting out the 4th, imo, was nothing more than "this group is on a roll and cutting into the lead, lets not fuck with that".

That said, in the last minute I was wishing Lue would've put in Kyrie for FT shooting.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally agree with all of that- ALL of it. LeBron getting Rose's and prob Currys first, Kobe getting one of Nash's etc.

You could also say Lebron getting Wade's 08 when Wade led the league in scoring and an abysmal roster to the playoffs. Right, @TJL?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way you guys were freaking out about their defensive struggles, made it sound like they aren't getting out of the West.

I also like how you all pencil in the Golden Showers and completely disrespect quite a few solid teams in the West, including the 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x 5x San Antonio Spurs

And 1x (MORE THAN CURRY) 1x 1x 1x 1x FMVP Kawhi Leonard.

Their defensive struggles are still an issue, but the Pacers aren't an elite offensive team either. Aside from PG, they don't have a decent, consistent secondary scorer. Yet the Pacers have been able to put up points on them. The Pacers just haven't done enough defensively to slow the Cavs down.