• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs 7) Indiana Pacers

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I thought it was a pretty good summation of this forum's take on the Cavs.

Agreed.

I'm a pretty infrequent visitor to the NBA boards, but without fail, when I come here, Wiggy's description seems pretty spot on - with a touch of hyperbole, of course.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"so small" that the Cavs have literally had to play their asses off to win all of their 3 games against a 7 seed...

this is so blatantly obvious that a BABOON could get it. clearly Wiggy doesn't quite match up well intellectually with one, though...:doh:

IDK they were up by double digits the first two games. PG kinda went on a one-man wrecking crew. Not sure why people are saying he isn't a superstar, you still need a team effort to win games...unless you are Lebron of course.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No if the Warriors lose before the Finals, you should lose the bet. If the Cavs lose before the Finals, he should lose the bet. At least that's the way I see it since both are overwhelming favs to make it....right?
seriosuly- but wait...i have no balls according to him. LOL.

what a schmuck. Make a bet 2 motnhs before the Finals but then dont even have the balls to back it up with what happens if they dont get there

shit at least im consistent saying im not betting on a hypothetical matchup that wont occur for 2 months without knowing any players status for the game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No if the Warriors lose before the Finals, you should lose the bet. If the Cavs lose before the Finals, he should lose the bet. At least that's the way I see it since both are overwhelming favs to make it....right?

The only thing I'm betting on is that it's Fried Day, I mean Friday. Or am I still stoned from yesterday?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

I'm a pretty infrequent visitor to the NBA boards, but without fail, when I come here, Wiggy's description seems pretty spot on - with a touch of hyperbole, of course.
i just dont sugar coat it and hurts some of these peoples feelings and they take it personal.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post. no team wins a title without things breaking their way in some shape or form.

Its not even guaranteed the Cavs and Warriors face eachother.

There is a reason why in the entire history of the NBA 2 teams have NEVER faced eachother in 3 straight Finals. Things go wrong. Guys get injured. Teams go hot, teams go cold-- you can get good calls/bad calls at crucial times.
I still think the Blazers got this in 5.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK they were up by double digits the first two games. PG kinda went on a one-man wrecking crew. Not sure why people are saying he isn't a superstar, you still need a team effort to win games...unless you are Lebron of course.

and still had trouble closing them out is my point...

all i'm saying is they probably WILL get out of the East, but as I've already said it ain't even CLOSE to being a thing where they're gonna steamroll anyone based on what we've seen so far...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just wondering- when yo usay the Cavs are vulnerable in the EAst what does that mean?

It means that if they didn't make it out of the East this year, it wouldn't be the shock that it would have been the last 2 years.

They were clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the East on both ends of the floor.

This year, they are head and shoulders above the rest of the East on offense, but not on defense. So, if they have a couple of off games in a series and they catch a team that gets hot at the right time. They could lose.

Do I think that will happen? No. As I've said all along, they are the best team in the East. If I were to bet real money, no way in hell am I betting against the Cavs coming out of the East. That would be stupid and I like my money right where it is.

But again, it wouldn't be as shocking as it would have been the last 2 years.

As I said before (whether gordon believes it or not), if they were to lose in the East, my reaction would be: "Damn, I knew their defense made them vulnerable, but I didn't think it would catch up to them until the finals."

That's pretty much what everyone is saying. Not sure why you Cavs fans and gordon are having so much trouble grasping it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish they would embrace it and admit it, instead of acting like they all treat the subject of the Cavs with perfect reason and fairness.

I'm almost never here and I bet I could easily name a dozen Cavs/Lebron haters.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

You should visit the NBA threads more often. Then you wouldn't have to deal w/ doug as much.:D

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what personal means? My post was generic and didn't mention a single poster. I wasn't even talking about this forum as much as just NBA fans in general.

Keep getting personal, you are showing yourself.

Yes, I do and I know that when you call out an entire group of people and say they all lack balls, it's intended as a personal shot to everyone of them. You just didn't take the time to list everyone individually.

So yes, you got personal. Nice try.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess that'd make the transition somewhat smoother, but i'm not 100% sold that he's gonna be here...

Far from 100% chance. In fact, if the Lakers don't keep that top 3 pick, I don't think they can get him.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should visit the NBA threads more often. Then you wouldn't have to deal w/ doug as much.:D

Ha. I like doug's posts. It keeps it interesting.

I'm just not a basketball fan. I was dropping my kids at the bus stop today and another dad asked me, "so did you do the same stupid thing I did and turn off the Cavs game in the 3rd quarter?"

My knowledge of the NBA playoffs ended with I knew they were going on because there was a large crowd downtown last Saturday that wasn't there for the Indians game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means that if they didn't make it out of the East this year, it wouldn't be the shock that it would have been the last 2 years.

They were clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the East on both ends of the floor.

This year, they are head and shoulders above the rest of the East on offense, but not on defense. So, if they have a couple of off games in a series and they catch a team that gets hot at the right time. They could lose.

Do I think that will happen? No. As I've said all along, they are the best team in the East. If I were to bet real money, no way in hell am I betting against the Cavs coming out of the East. That would be stupid and I like my money right where it is.

But again, it wouldn't be as shocking as it would have been the last 2 years.

As I said before (whether gordon believes it or not), if they were to lose in the East, my reaction would be: "Damn, I knew their defense made them vulnerable, but I didn't think it would catch up to them until the finals."

That's pretty much what everyone is saying. Not sure why you Cavs fans and gordon are having so much trouble grasping it.
so if you were to ballpark it---

when you say they are vulnerable- what does that actually translate into their chances of not getting out of the East?

5%? 10%? 1%? 30%?

is it an ACTUAL realistic chance- or is it a pie-in-the-sky if my powerball ticket wins "vulnerability"?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a fucking tongue-in-cheek, exaggerated post where I was talking about NBA fans in general. I didn't mention a single person or poster.

Bullshit. Now you're just lying to try and save face. You said it was what everyone on these boards was saying.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if you were to ballpark it---

when you say they are vulnerable- what does that actually translate into their chances of not getting out of the East?

5%? 10%? 1%? 30%?

is it an ACTUAL realistic chance- or is it a pie-in-the-sky if my powerball ticket wins "vulnerability"?

Meh, 15%, may be 20 at most. Enough so that fans of certain other EC teams can feel like they might have a chance, but not enough for there to be any real drama about who comes out of the East.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See the bet I made with Gordon true, that works for us.