• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs 7) Indiana Pacers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so- if they finish the series in 4 or 5 games and get like 4-5 days off you think thats not enough and that they would have benefited more from an extra couple quarters? cmon now. This is the NBA playoffs.

If they finish each series off relatively easily that will be plenty of rest where an extra quarter or two would be irrelevant.

you really think if they get 4-5 days off an extra quarter makes a difference?

Clearly, you're either being willfully ignorant or just don't grasp the concept.

The Cavs swept their first 2 series last year and had about 4 or 5 blowouts in which they were able to rest their players in the 4th quarter. They were never really challenged until the ECF. Even then, there were at least 2 games each in the ECF and finals where they were able to rest their guys in the 4th quarter.

When a player has the mileage that Lebron has and is 32 years old, any rest at any time is beneficial. When you consider the number of minutes Lebron had to play in the regular season, there is a huge difference between a 4-5 game series in which he and the other starters got to sit out 2-3 4th quarters and a 4-5 game series where they had to play heavy minutes in the 4th quarter to hang on to win.

And that's just the games they won. There were also a couple of games between the ECF and finals where the Cavs were able to rest their starters because they got blown out.

So, in short: yes, those few extra quarters or so of rest, can make a difference.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Off topic, but remember earlier in the season we were talking about Ingram and you were saying you expected to see more from him than you had so far (pre-all star break and he was averaging something like 8 points per game and shooting in the low 40's)?

I just read where since the all star break, he averaged a tick over 13 points per game on 51% shooting.

Looks like he started to figure some things out.

Now the Lakers just need him to start hitting In n Out or Fatburger daily and get his ass into the weight room. lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, anyone who isn't concerned about the Cavs defense is being willfully ignorant. No way in hell should a team with as many advantages as the Cavs have over the Pacers, be blowing double digit 4th quarter leads.

In the regular season, the Pacers averaged 105 points per game. Against the Cavs, they are averaging 110 points per game.

By contrast, in the regular season the Grizzlies averaged 101 points per game. Against the Spurs, they are averaging 82.

that sounds about Wiggy...:dhd:

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ all the Juice hate, everyone is just upset that @WiggyRuss , myself, Shaneman, and LeBron23James all said that no one should be worried about the Cavs defense, REGULAR SEASON DOESN'T MATTER

When the playoffs start, and that switch flips, JUICE is on another level, and after I found out he was vacationing in Miami a week ago, I knew the dosage had been upped.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ all the Juice hate, everyone is just upset that @WiggyRuss , myself, Shaneman, and LeBron23James all said that no one should be worried about the Cavs defense, REGULAR SEASON DOESN'T MATTER

When the playoffs start, and that switch flips, JUICE is on another level, and after I found out he was vacationing in Miami a week ago, I knew the dosage had been upped.

huh...

you sure the switch has flipped yet...?:heh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the night before the Heat game where LeBron would sit out he was partying in South Beach. He knew he had a long road ahead of him. Getting some rest and relaxation and letting it loose a little bit before getting down to work.

Now- its time to go to work.

For all the momentum the Pacers had- winning 5 in a row- and the 4 losses the Cavs had in a row--- it meant nothin when the ball is thrown up i nthe playoffs. ZILCH ZERO NADA.

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Off topic, but remember earlier in the season we were talking about Ingram and you were saying you expected to see more from him than you had so far (pre-all star break and he was averaging something like 8 points per game and shooting in the low 40's)?

I just read where since the all star break, he averaged a tick over 13 points per game on 51% shooting.

Looks like he started to figure some things out.

Now the Lakers just need him to start hitting In n Out or Fatburger daily and get his ass into the weight room. lol
yah getting that shooting up is definitely a good sign. If you cant show an ability to score on even a decent level- you are gonna be in trouble. Ingram showed some nice improvement i nthat regard----- its why i worry about a guy like Justice Winslow.... i mean- as poor an offensive player as a guy like MKG is - he shoots a solid percentage...to be both limited offensively- and perform poorly when you do shoot- is a red flag. Ingram improving and shooting at a 51% clip is definitely a good sign.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the night before the Heat game where LeBron would sit out he was partying in South Beach. He knew he had a long road ahead of him. Getting some rest and relaxation and letting it loose a little bit before getting down to work.

For all the momentum the Pacers had- winning 5 in a row- and the 4 losses the Cavs had in a row--- it meant nothin when the ball is thrown up i nthe playoffs. ZILCH ZERO NADA.

huh again...

coulda SWORE all this was addressed earlier...:scratch:

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is

IT's 2-0

That's 2 wins for the good guys

and 0 wins for the bad guys

and all Lakers fans should be rooting for a sweep because it almost assures that PG is going to come home to LA and play for his hometown favorite childhood team.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is

IT's 2-0

That's 2 wins for the good guys

and 0 wins for the bad guys

and all Lakers fans should be rooting for a sweep because it almost assures that PG is going to come home to LA and play for his hometown favorite childhood team.

guess I missed that one. when did the Cavs become the "good guys...?"

asking for a friend...:heh:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the 2 wins over Pacers mean what in the big picture?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you kidding me. The defense is still shitty. 108 points per 100 during the regular season. So far through 2 games they have given up 115.3 point per 100 which is bottom 4 out of all postseason teams. The flip is switched definitely if you mean flipped to shitty

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me. The defense is still shitty. 108 points per 100 during the regular season. So far through 2 games they have given up 115.3 point per 100 which is bottom 4 out of all postseason teams. The flip is switched definitely if you mean flipped to shitty

They flipped the switch from losing, to winning, they're winning.

Didn't your team almost just lose to the fucking Blazers? lmfao, shut the hell up.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think if Bosh somehow got cleared he would consider signing for the vet. min. for the Cavs next year since hes getting paid anyway?

I dont for even a second think theres any chance hes cleared.
Until I see him put himself in a position where NBA sized bodies are banging into him, my opinion wont change.