• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs 7) Indiana Pacers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now LeBron under the Heat never went 12-2 in the East- like the Cavs did EACH of the last 2 years.

Now I dont think the Cavs will once again go 12-2 in the East--- but it wont be much worse than that- thats for sure.

There wont be any 7 game series in the East that the Cavs play in - thats for damn sure.

Kyrie and Love are playing really good ball right now. They are putting it together. It was a fun night last night watching Kyrie just dominate.....

and Love has been so efficient- they have to get him some more touches. Cavs have never lost a playoff game where KI, Love and LeBron each score at least 20.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I missed it but what exactly did Paul George say to throw his teammates under the bus after game 2? He criticized Stephenson and Turner (while also complimenting them in other ways), but I didn't see anything as bad as game 1 where he basically said that Miles made a mistake and implied that it may have cost them the game.

Not saying I like him offering these criticisms, but I don't see it as him throwing them under the bus. He's probably waiting until the press conference after game 4 for that.

Generally speaking, criticizing your teammates publicly just isn't a good look, even if the criticism is correct (which his were). Those criticisms belong in the locker room, not in the press.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally speaking, criticizing your teammates publicly just isn't a good look, even if the criticism is correct (which his were). Those criticisms belong in the locker room, not in the press.

Agreed on all that. I don't like it -- but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be based on the headlines/discussion about it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James says the defending-champion Cavs are on the brink of putting it all together.

"We're right there," James said after putting up 25 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists on Monday. "We're right there of what we know we can become, and we'll figure it out. So, like I told you, I'd much rather have an 18-point lead than not have a lead at all. And we make plays down the stretch to win a ball game in the postseason, and that's all you can ask for. But we're right there on turning the switch on what we really can become."

James said. "Our mindset is what we can do to help each other to be successful out on the floor. We have a game plan from our coaching staff and we just try to execute that. We can't worry about what the opponent is feeling or if they feel like they lost composure. That's not our mindset, Our mindset is what can we do this defensive possession to get a stop. Offensively what we can do to get a bucket. And if we can follow that game plan for as close to 48 minutes as possible, then nine times out of 10 we can be successful."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like all players bitch about the refs anymore. Seems like none of them ever think they lost a game because the other team just played better.

I don't like any of it and he certainly isn't the most egregious. I wish they'd all just stfu and play basketball.

All players bitch about the refs during the game for sure but he did a ridiculous amount of bitching to the media after games this year. As much as these guys complain, they usually leave it alone following the game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on all that. I don't like it -- but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be based on the headlines/discussion about it.

Yeah, I didn't think it was that bad either. But, you know how the playoffs are though. Every little thing is a big deal.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James says the defending-champion Cavs are on the brink of putting it all together.

"We're right there," James said after putting up 25 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists on Monday. "We're right there of what we know we can become, and we'll figure it out. So, like I told you, I'd much rather have an 18-point lead than not have a lead at all. And we make plays down the stretch to win a ball game in the postseason, and that's all you can ask for. But we're right there on turning the switch on what we really can become."

James said. "Our mindset is what we can do to help each other to be successful out on the floor. We have a game plan from our coaching staff and we just try to execute that. We can't worry about what the opponent is feeling or if they feel like they lost composure. That's not our mindset, Our mindset is what can we do this defensive possession to get a stop. Offensively what we can do to get a bucket. And if we can follow that game plan for as close to 48 minutes as possible, then nine times out of 10 we can be successful."

This makes me want to take the Pacers outright for Game 3.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound:

That sounds like the Dwight/Nash Lakers when Kobe kept saying they "just need to hit the reset button." The #7 seed is averaging 110 points per game against them.

If they play like this against the Warriors or Spurs, they'll get 130+ dropped on them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All players bitch about the refs during the game for sure but he did a ridiculous amount of bitching to the media after games this year. As much as these guys complain, they usually leave it alone following the game.

Meh, I don't pay much attention to what guys say in pressers, so I must have missed his comments.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers Scribbles: Kevin Love's huge impact swings game to Cavs -- Terry Pluto (photos)

nice article by Pluto on how well Love is playing.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Scribbles in my notebook after the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Indiana Pacers, 117-111:

1. This was the kind of game that reminds us how the Cavs can play when motivated and paying attention to details. They didn't always do that, but they did more than enough to win and take 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series. Most playoff games are close. Indiana is a determined team. It's just too bad that the Cavs had a 15-point lead with 6:11 left ... but failed to put away the Pacers until the final minute.

2. Some good stuff: The Cavs ran a beautiful inbounds play with 30 seconds left, producing a wide-open Kyrie Irving layup. That put the Cavs ahead, 113-106.
In the final two minutes, LeBron James blocked a shot, Kevin Love had a rugged defensive rebound, Tristan Thompson had a tough offensive rebound. Little things added up.

3. The Cavs began to use Kevin Love as a force inside. It destroyed the Pacers' hopes of playing a smaller, quicker lineup. There were four straight possessions in the third quarter where the 6-foot-10 Love either scored or drew fouls on the 6-foot-5 Lance Stephenson.

4. Love frustrated Stephenson, who loves to talk trash and oozes emotion. Love's power in the low post brought the crowd alive. Cavs coach Tyronn Lue mentioned how Love working over Stephenson also "brought the bench alive."

5. Like many teams, the Cavs are not big fans of Stephenson, who can be annoying with his mouth and actions on the court.

6. The passes to Love inside meant the other Cavs had to give up some open outside shots. They also had to be patient, allowing Love to set up near the rim on Stephenson. The Cavs played smart basketball as they outscored the Pacers, 33-20, in the third quarter. Love had 10 points in that quarter.

9. Love had an amazing game. It began with 11 rebounds, helping the Cavs to win the rebounding battle, 37-33. They were out-rebounded in the opener, 41-37.

10. Love was 6-of-7 from the field, 12-of-12 from the foul line. That added up to 27 points on only seven field goal attempts. He wore down the Pacer defense with his gritty inside play. At least twice he was called for fouls when replays showed he clearly drew charges. Later in the game, he did draw a charge.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. This was the kind of game that reminds us how the Cavs can play when motivated and paying attention to details. They didn't always do that, but they did more than enough to win and take 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series. Most playoff games are close. Indiana is a determined team. It's just too bad that the Cavs had a 15-point lead with 6:11 left ... but failed to put away the Pacers until the final minute.

I stopped reading after this.

This part confirms this article was full of shit.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously how good is Kyrie Irving?

How do you stop a guy with that many elite ways to score the basketball? its unbelievable.

Trick question??

Easy answer.
Take James off the court

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers Scribbles: Kevin Love's huge impact swings game to Cavs -- Terry Pluto (photos)

nice article by Pluto on how well Love is playing.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Scribbles in my notebook after the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Indiana Pacers, 117-111:

2. Some good stuff: The Cavs ran a beautiful inbounds play with 30 seconds left, producing a wide-open Kyrie Irving layup. That put the Cavs ahead, 113-106.
In the final two minutes, LeBron James blocked a shot, Kevin Love had a rugged defensive rebound, Tristan Thompson had a tough offensive rebound. Little things added up.

3. The Cavs began to use Kevin Love as a force inside. It destroyed the Pacers' hopes of playing a smaller, quicker lineup. There were four straight possessions in the third quarter where the 6-foot-10 Love either scored or drew fouls on the 6-foot-5 Lance Stephenson.

4. Love frustrated Stephenson, who loves to talk trash and oozes emotion. Love's power in the low post brought the crowd alive. Cavs coach Tyronn Lue mentioned how Love working over Stephenson also "brought the bench alive."

5. Like many teams, the Cavs are not big fans of Stephenson, who can be annoying with his mouth and actions on the court.

6. The passes to Love inside meant the other Cavs had to give up some open outside shots. They also had to be patient, allowing Love to set up near the rim on Stephenson. The Cavs played smart basketball as they outscored the Pacers, 33-20, in the third quarter. Love had 10 points in that quarter.

9. Love had an amazing game. It began with 11 rebounds, helping the Cavs to win the rebounding battle, 37-33. They were out-rebounded in the opener, 41-37.

10. Love was 6-of-7 from the field, 12-of-12 from the foul line. That added up to 27 points on only seven field goal attempts. He wore down the Pacer defense with his gritty inside play. At least twice he was called for fouls when replays showed he clearly drew charges. Later in the game, he did draw a charge.

Love was abusing Lance.
Like that SHOULDN'T happen?
Lance was available in March for a reason.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point, anyone who isn't concerned about the Cavs defense is being willfully ignorant. No way in hell should a team with as many advantages as the Cavs have over the Pacers, be blowing double digit 4th quarter leads.

In the regular season, the Pacers averaged 105 points per game. Against the Cavs, they are averaging 110 points per game.

By contrast, in the regular season the Grizzlies averaged 101 points per game. Against the Spurs, they are averaging 82.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cavaliers struggle to win the first two games of the series at home. Cleveland fan reaction: this just shows how good this team really is!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
My guess that the Cavs 'move' will be to play Shump over Korver.
Cavs have plenty of other scorers and Korvers D has to be worst of any rotation player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are starting to put it together and its fun to watch. Kyrie/Love/LeBron are all at the top of their games. Deron Williams seems to have some renewed confidence and has done some nice things (looks like he got some of his touch back when he shredded the Heat the other night). I have to give the role players a lot of credit. ITs not easy to stay sharp when you have 3 guys like KI, Love and LeBron combining for 89 points. Thompson- again- another huge offensive rebound down the stretch that just breaks the back of the opposition. Shumpert played his ass off when he got his shot in the 2nd half.

Only guy that needs some help is JR. Hopefully his hamstring isnt too serious- and if he has to sit out a game- its not longer than just one game.

Cavs really seem to benefit from the playoff schedule- no back to backs- plenty of time to prepare and execute a game plan.

Lets keep it rolling. Pretty awesome they have today and tomorrow off before playing Thursday. KI and LBJ should have plenty of time to recover.

Kyrie is just simply unguardable at times. The announcers even said they think he is prob. the best player in space in the game. He just has so many ways he can score- if you play him to drive he will shoot over you- if you play him to shoot- he will go right passed you. He has a great pull-up mid-range game as well. Its so much fun watching him carve up opposing teams. I feel bad for the Pacers, lol---- they try and put PG on KI- and leave Love with a mismatch that the Cavs go on to exploit. How you can guard all 3 of those guys and STILL stick to the vast array of shooters the Cavs have make them practically impossible to guard.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously how good is Kyrie Irving?

How do you stop a guy with that many elite ways to score the basketball? its unbelievable.

He's good. Damn good. He's one of the more elite offensive players in the game. He's also one of the most fun players to watch on the offensive end of the floor. That's not even disputable. Not sure why you feel the need to keep posting about it over and over again.

However, unless and until he starts playing some defense, he's not ever going to be as great as he could be. I mean, how many of the points that he provides for his team on offense are given right back on defense?

You've mentioned many times on here about him being a "Kobe protege." Well, Kobe was elite on defense as well as offense. Kyrie needs to learn that aspect of the game if he's going to be a complete player.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now LeBron under the Heat never went 12-2 in the East- like the Cavs did EACH of the last 2 years.

Now I dont think the Cavs will once again go 12-2 in the East--- but it wont be much worse than that- thats for sure.

There wont be any 7 game series in the East that the Cavs play in - thats for damn sure.

Kyrie and Love are playing really good ball right now. They are putting it together. It was a fun night last night watching Kyrie just dominate.....

and Love has been so efficient- they have to get him some more touches. Cavs have never lost a playoff game where KI, Love and LeBron each score at least 20.

Heat ran into some pretty salty Pacers/Celtics teams.
Bosh went down vs Pacers also which sure didn't make it easier.
Heat played much tougher opponents then any EC series have had to play since James returned.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good. Damn good. He's one of the more elite offensive players in the game. He's also one of the most fun players to watch on the offensive end of the floor. That's not even disputable. Not sure why you feel the need to keep posting about it over and over again.

However, unless and until he starts playing some defense, he's not ever going to be as great as he could be. I mean, how many of the points that he provides for his team on offense are given right back on defense?

You've mentioned many times on here about him being a "Kobe protege." Well, Kobe was elite on defense as well as offense. Kyrie needs to learn that aspect of the game if he's going to be a complete player.
ehh...he has plenty of time. Kyrie is quitea bit further along then many of his contemporaries were at his current age. RW and Curry both were not as good as Kyrie at his age. Harden too. None of those guys obviously have a shot as big as Kyrie's either. the scary thing is Kyrie is just now starting to enter his prime.