• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs 7) Indiana Pacers

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron- I have a question for you--- is there any team in the East worth giving a fuck about?

After 2 close wins against the Pacers? I wouldn't be getting too cocky......they have been giving up a lot of points to a team most wouldn't call an offensive juggernaut. Not trolling, just real talk.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron- I have a question for you--- is there any team in the East worth giving a fuck about?

It's like I am not impressed with Cavs too much bc it seems like they really dont take them seriously when they want to, that could kill them soon just not in this series. I saw them play damn good defense for a quarter, I just want to see it entire game and blowout the opponent.

I hope JR is ok. Any word on him?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

some of these moves are just disgusting...How do you guard that? he has so many ways he can beat you.

He makes the defender look like he is playing awful defense at times, just like Harden does but Harden usually just blows by them and uses his strengthcand unorthodox moves to draw fouls

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He makes the defender look like he is playing awful defense at times, just like Harden does but Harden usually just blows by them and uses his strengthcand unorthodox moves to draw fouls

It's that shit Harden does that makes me just not like the dude's game. It's legal, it's very effective, the guy is crushing it, but I just can't stand it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 10-12 more tuneup games. It will happen.

I highly doubt it. You do realize they have not played defense all season long right? Expecting a team who's been a mediocre season all year long to turn into some good defensive team is just not very realistic.

They should still make the finals but it won't be due to their defense doing anything good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But if the Cavaliers are going to accomplish their only true goal — repeating as NBA champions — they are going to have to, at some point, start playing defense.

So far, there is absolutely no reason to believe the team that spent the final two months of the regular season assuring everyone it would flip a switch and begin playing defense once the playoffs began has that capability, particularly near the level necessary to win another title. The Pacers, a middling offensive team during the regular season (15th in offensive rating), have shot at or over 50 percent while easily eclipsing 100 points in both Games 1 and 2. Their star, Paul George is scoring over 30 per game and shooting 49 percent from the floor.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that shit Harden does that makes me just not like the dude's game. It's legal, it's very effective, the guy is crushing it, but I just can't stand it.

I hate it too, but he masters it. It's unfair

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27 games is a large sample size. It is basically a third of the season. This isn't a squad who was a solid defense team most of the year and just fell off in the final month or so. They been bad all year and got even worse after the AS break. They are what they are at this point.

Even worse, since the all-star break — a span of 27 games, in which the Cavaliers have gone 12-15 — they’ve been 29th, finishing just one tenth of a point ahead of the horrendous, tanking Lakers to avoid being the worst defensive team in the league over that stretch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the Cavaliers are going to accomplish their only true goal — repeating as NBA champions — they are going to have to, at some point, start playing defense.

So far, there is absolutely no reason to believe the team that spent the final two months of the regular season assuring everyone it would flip a switch and begin playing defense once the playoffs began has that capability, particularly near the level necessary to win another title. The Pacers, a middling offensive team during the regular season (15th in offensive rating), have shot at or over 50 percent while easily eclipsing 100 points in both Games 1 and 2. Their star, Paul George is scoring over 30 per game and shooting 49 percent from the floor.

It might turn up and it might not. Coming into the year who really thought the Warriors werent going to win it. Yes, they have Lebron but 4 top 20 players is just probably too much for any team, ever. But if I ever had faith in a player to do it, it would be Lebron just not sure how you can stop 4 great players on one team.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt it. You do realize they have not played defense all season long right? Expecting a team who's been a mediocre season all year long to turn into some good defensive team is just not very realistic.

They should still make the finals but it won't be due to their defense doing anything good.

Agreed, but will playoff level basketball get them ready for the Finals? Maybe, maybe not.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like I am not impressed with Cavs too much bc it seems like they really dont take them seriously when they want to, that could kill them soon just not in this series. I saw them play damn good defense for a quarter, I just want to see it entire game and blowout the opponent.

I hope JR is ok. Any word on him?

If thats the case, then why not build up a lead so you can rest James in 4th qtrs?
As is, hes forced to play his hardest minutes then.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George is a terrible leader. Ripping a teammate at your press conference following games 1 & 2 is beyond lame. Hate players like that

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As The Wolf says, y'all LeBron haters shouldn't start sucking each others' d**ks just yet...

Is there any doubt Cleveland is by far the most talented team in the East? They are the Warriors of that shitty conference. Plus they have the best player in the world. They have 10-12 more games to get their defense in shape for the Finals.

They will be underdogs to the Warriors or Spurs, but they will make it a long series, and they have a punchers' chance of winning it.

all well and good. STILL gotta play the games...

and don't worry on MY account. i'm not a LeClown fan as you already noted, so dick ain't on my menu...:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @lebron23james
The Pacers second and third best players are whom?
Their best bench player is ?
Their biggest advantage in the series is what?