• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs 7) Indiana Pacers

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @lebron23james
The Pacers second and third best players are whom?
Their best bench player is ?
Their biggest advantage in the series is what?

the thing a lot of folks aren't taking into account as well is that Indy's defense is right on par with the Cavs and in that instance OF COURSE depth and star talent are, or at least SHOULD, win out...

if i were a Cavs fan(and thank God i'm not) it's the NEXT round that'd make me sweat...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing a lot of folks aren't taking into account as well is that Indy's defense is right on par with the Cavs and in that instance OF COURSE depth and star talent are, or at least SHOULD, win out...

if i were a Cavs fan(and thank God i'm not) it's the NEXT round that'd make me sweat...

After a couple games next round will determine if they should sweat.
Regardless, these first 2 wins prove nothing that positive.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously how good is Kyrie Irving?

How do you stop a guy with that many elite ways to score the basketball? its unbelievable.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously how good is Kyrie Irving?

How do you stop a guy with that many elite ways to score the basketball? its unbelievable.

guess if he had any good defensive skills more people would get hyped about him. but since he doesn't...:dhd:

looking at the rest of his stat line, meh...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might turn up and it might not. Coming into the year who really thought the Warriors werent going to win it. Yes, they have Lebron but 4 top 20 players is just probably too much for any team, ever. But if I ever had faith in a player to do it, it would be Lebron just not sure how you can stop 4 great players on one team.

Playing defense would be a good place to start. The problem is, outside of Tristan Kardashian and Lebron (when he's motivated), who else do they have that can play defense? Kyrie? Love? JR?

When Lebron was crying about needing to add a "playmaker," he should have been crying about needing to add someone who can play defense instead.

I'm beginning to think that Wiggy may have been on to something with his suggestion that they should have just brought back Varejao. At least he could have flopped his way into getting some offensive fouls called on opponents.

To be fair though, the Cavs did try to add some defense when they picked up Bogut (no way to know that his time with the Cavs would last 57 seconds). But, had they concentrated on adding defense rather than more offense earlier in the season, they may not be in this predicament.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If thats the case, then why not build up a lead so you can rest James in 4th qtrs?
As is, hes forced to play his hardest minutes then.

Exactly. The last 2 games, going into the 4th quarter, they were in position to put the game away and allow Lebron, Kyrie and Love to rest. Instead, they've had to use them extensively down the stretch just to hang on and win.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As The Wolf says, y'all LeBron haters shouldn't start sucking each others' d**ks just yet...

Is there any doubt Cleveland is by far the most talented team in the East? They are the Warriors of that shitty conference. Plus they have the best player in the world. They have 10-12 more games to get their defense in shape for the Finals.

They will be underdogs to the Warriors or Spurs, but they will make it a long series, and they have a punchers' chance of winning it.

They also had 82 regular season games to get their defense in shape and didn't.

What have they shown in the last 2 months and first 2 games of the playoffs that would indicate they can get their defense ready for the finals?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither would I. Throwing teammates under the bus when shit gets tough is lame.

I don't like him throwing teammates under the bus, but as turnup pointed out, it's likely him signaling he wants out. I don't recall this ever being an issue before.

I remember Shaq having some not so nice words for the Lakers (teammates and FO alike) on his way to Miami. Did you not want him on your team?

Having said that, there are better ways to let folks know you want out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like him throwing teammates under the bus, but as turnup pointed out, it's likely him signaling he wants out. I don't recall this ever being an issue before.

I remember Shaq having some not so nice words for the Lakers (teammates and FO alike) on his way to Miami. Did you not want him on your team?

Having said that, there are better ways to let folks know you want out.

He's been annoying this year IMO. Even before this, his nonstop bitching about the refs this year was very annoying as well.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I missed it but what exactly did Paul George say to throw his teammates under the bus after game 2? He criticized Stephenson and Turner (while also complimenting them in other ways), but I didn't see anything as bad as game 1 where he basically said that Miles made a mistake and implied that it may have cost them the game.

Not saying I like him offering these criticisms, but I don't see it as him throwing them under the bus. He's probably waiting until the press conference after game 4 for that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been annoying this year IMO. Even before this, his nonstop bitching about the refs this year was very annoying as well.

Seems like all players bitch about the refs anymore. Seems like none of them ever think they lost a game because the other team just played better.

I don't like any of it and he certainly isn't the most egregious. I wish they'd all just stfu and play basketball.