• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which guards on the Mavs other Doncic , are better then Dragic?
Dragic is a PG, which that Doncic fellow plays. They have Hardaway to play SG.

I mean, if you really want to rip Cuban for not making the deal, shouldn't you rip Riley for offering him? Clearly, he is needed.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic is a PG, which that Doncic fellow plays. They have Hardaway to play SG.

I mean, if you really want to rip Cuban for not making the deal, shouldn't you rip Riley for offering him? Clearly, he is needed.

Mavs bench guards played 66 minutes combined game 1. Whether Dragic starts, or not, the 25-30 minutes he could play are better then whoever he would be taking them from.

As far as Riley, what we dont know, is what was in his head as other potential moves last summer if Dragic would have been dealt, but in general, every Heat fan was thrilled he stayed vs losing Whiteside.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs bench guards played 66 minutes combined game 1. Whether Dragic starts, or not, the 25-30 minutes he could play are better then whoever he would be taking them from.

As far as Riley, what we dont know, is what was in his head as other potential moves last summer if Dragic would have been dealt, but in general, every Heat fan was thrilled he stayed vs losing Whiteside.
don't care enough to look, but what about the defense he would offer compared to what they have? Hell, Barea has been pretty damn good for them at times when he is needed. Dragic seems like a pure PG to me. and when you have Doncic, you don't need that.

I'd also have been thrilled to keep him as oposed to Whiteside so could certainly be asked what Riles was thinking. If anything he benefited from cuban's mistake if that is what you are alleging. Can't really have it both ways.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as mentioned, as why pay $20 mil for a guy you hope will be Doncic's backup?

If they have the cap space to do it, paying a guy like Dragic $20 million to backup and mentor your young point guard might not be bad on a 1 or 2 year deal.

Let him mentor Doncic for a year or 2, then when he becomes an FA, you can use the cap space to sign other pieces.

Not saying that's what I'd recommend. But it's a decent reason, imo.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't care enough to look, but what about the defense he would offer compared to what they have? Hell, Barea has been pretty damn good for them at times when he is needed. Dragic seems like a pure PG to me. and when you have Doncic, you don't need that.

I'd also have been thrilled to keep him as oposed to Whiteside so could certainly be asked what Riles was thinking. If anything he benefited from cuban's mistake if that is what you are alleging. Can't really have it both ways.

Barea played 0 minutes game 1.
Dragic isnt a great defender, but he is very talented ( all star), and as mentally tough as they get.
Obviously there were circumstances that dictated the moves or non moves, but all I am suggesting, knowing what we know today, is that Cuban probably regrets not taking him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have the cap space to do it, paying a guy like Dragic $20 million to backup and mentor your young point guard might not be bad on a 1 or 2 year deal.

Let him mentor Doncic for a year or 2, then when he becomes an FA, you can use the cap space to sign other pieces.

Not saying that's what I'd recommend. But it's a decent reason, imo.

He is in his last year of contract.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even better, imo.

I read something today, I dont recall where, that Dragic and Butler have become close friends, so good chance he’s still here next season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read something today, I dont recall where, that Dragic and Butler have become close friends, so good chance he’s still here next season.

Hopefully at a reduced rate. You guys need to be able to get another piece or 2.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully at a reduced rate. You guys need to be able to get another piece or 2.

Havent you heard. Were getting Giannis, Donovan Mitchell, Oladipo, just to name a few... Dragic will prob play the Heat to stay.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point not really directed at you was more in general pointing out why a guy who drafted Doncic might not have wanted to spend nearly $20 mil on his backup.

So, no, not slow. You?
ding ding ding!!! lol

taking on a backup point guard that is in his mid-thirties and plays no defense and that has been oftenly injured is usually not good business if they are making 20m a year.

that and Doncic plays huge minutes and almost always has the ball in his hands.

but the overriding reason for not making the deal on the Mavs sign was the lack of flexibility they would have to make moves.

Dragic is still useful, but he was advancing in age, coming off a season where he had knee surgery, missed more than half the season, and made 20M dollars.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ding ding ding!!! lol

taking on a backup point guard that is in his mid-thirties and plays no defense and that has been oftenly injured is usually not good business if they are making 20m a year.

but the overriding reason for not making the deal on the Mavs sign was the lack of flexibility they would have to make moves.

Dragic is still useful, but he was advancing in age, coming off a season where he had knee surgery, missed more than half the season, and made 20M dollars.

Dragic is a free agent. Why are the 2 cavs clowns acting like he is on a multi year deal lol.

Do you not realize how much better Dragic is than Delon Wright?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entertaining pace to this game so far but it's frantic as shit and both teams are sloppy.

Miami came out red hot with Robinson but been ass since.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat need to make their freebies

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic is a free agent. Why are the 2 cavs clowns acting like he is on a multi year deal lol.

Do you not realize how much better Dragic is than Delon Wright?

Worked out great for us.
Who really gives a fuck what @WiggyRuss thinks or says if the Heat is involved?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ding ding ding!!! lol

Or, the Mavs are Cubans toy, and we all know that money is secondary.
Yes, he didn't have a crystal ball or obviously he takes Dragic, but today, to not say it was a mistake, is just stupid.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that Iguodala guy is already in the closing lineup for the Heat in playoff games. Thought he was washed like 4 years ago?