• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This feels very similar to the Bucks game in the bubble.

20 point halftime lead, play like shit in the 3rd, and lose in the game

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

For what it's worth. The Heat has been having virtual Q&A's with the players on occasion since they have been in the bubble.
They had one with U.D. today and I submitted the question 'No offense to Mike Miller or James Jones, but is Duncan the best shooter you have seen since you have been on the Heat'?

U.D. cut the question the question off after hearing the first part and said 'Duncan is the best shooter he has EVER seen. Period. He also said he was his favorite player. Not because of his shooting ability, but because of his story and how hard he works each and every day.

Fair.

I believe it.

It might be that the drill you quoted is more than just catching a land shooting too.

Because like I have said, plenty of guys can make 90/100 just standing there catching and shooting.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-0

raw

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are seeing pretty clearly who are the best 4 teams in the East....They were the best 4 teams all year long

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are seeing pretty clearly who are the best 4 teams in the East....They were the best 4 teams all year long

I think that is the big difference between East and West.

Pacers are close when they have everyone. Sixers should be, but they are pretenders.

The 11 seed in the West probably beats the Magic or Nets in a series. And the 7 competes with Miami and probably beats Indiana.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 11 seed in the West probably beats the Magic or Nets in a series.

How healthy are the Magics/Nets? The group they had before the season got postponed? That would mean Dinwiddie, Jordan, and Chandler

I think Spurs probably beat Orlando but I don't think they beat the Nets group that they had prior to the season getting postponed.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His minutes are getting taken up by a 20 year old rookie. That's scary.

As for the Cavs, I'd take Bam, Duncan and Herro over any of the Cavs young players. Although Sexton had a nice sophomore season.

The way Robinson has found a fit in the NBA has been impressive but youd be insane to take him over Sexton straight up. Dude is 26 and 1 dimensional(very, very good at it though).

If you're a contender that needs a floor spacing shooter obviously you could take Duncan. But no team is rebuilding with Robinson over Sexton.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How healthy are the Magics/Nets? The group they had before the season got postponed? That would mean Dinwiddie, Jordan, and Chandler

I think Spurs probably beat Orlando but I don't think they beat the Nets group that they had prior to the season getting postponed.

Yeah, maybe not.

Would be a competitive series though. And I highly doubt that Nets group finishes top 10 in the West.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This feels very similar to the Bucks game in the bubble.

20 point halftime lead, play like shit in the 3rd, and lose in the game

The difference in today's game was that Miami was simply more balanced than we were.

Malcolm Brogdon had 14 assists while no other Pacers player had more than two. That tells you that Brogdon is dribbling too much...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference in today's game was that Miami was simply more balanced than we were.

Malcolm Brogdon had 14 assists while no other Pacers player had more than two. That tells you that Brogdon is dribbling too much...

It is 1 game. Brogdon had the hot hand and literally kept the Pacers in the game.

He is one of the smartest players in the league and definitely not a ball stopper. While I think Oladipo was underutilized standing in the corner most of the second half, Brogdon’s role yesterday was surely out of adjusted game plan design.

What his stat line tells me is that he had one hell of a game. 34-7-14 on 11-17 and 8-8 from the line.

The Pacers became over reliant on him because he had one hell of a game. That wasn’t why they lost, it was more accurately why they almost came back.

They lost because they gave up 74 points in the first half.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably with Indiana is they just don't have a star. I'm not saying Butler is a "star" but much closer to what Indiana has. Plus, Spo and Riley are winners and they have system in place with players that most importantly, fit the system.

The Pacers have some nice pieces with Brogdon, Warren and Oladipo (Sabonis out) but there is nothing special about any of these guys, not really roles for this team either. Turner hasn't progressed. Sabonis who is injured seems like the strong point and future of this team, especially if Oladipo doesn't get back to old form. This is just a mediocre playoff team that has a ceiling and can only get better through trades...can't get a star in FA and can't work through the draft right now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably with Indiana is they just don't have a star. I'm not saying Butler is a "star" but much closer to what Indiana has. Plus, Spo and Riley are winners and they have system in place with players that most importantly, fit the system.

The Pacers have some nice pieces with Brogdon, Warren and Oladipo (Sabonis out) but there is nothing special about any of these guys, not really roles for this team either. Turner hasn't progressed. Sabonis who is injured seems like the strong point and future of this team, especially if Oladipo doesn't get back to old form. This is just a mediocre playoff team that has a ceiling and can only get better through trades...can't get a star in FA and can't work through the draft right now.
If you mean "nothing special" as in none can be a #1 for a title contender I agree (or even a team that can make a deep, deep run (like ECF or beyond).

also agree to be a true title contender they need an elite, clear cut #1 and not sure how they find one.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How dare you besmrich the good name of the Pacers? I'll have you know with the exception of Brogdon, Sabonis and Oladipo they're built from within. Not bought.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is 1 game. Brogdon had the hot hand and literally kept the Pacers in the game.

He is one of the smartest players in the league and definitely not a ball stopper. While I think Oladipo was underutilized standing in the corner most of the second half, Brogdon’s role yesterday was surely out of adjusted game plan design.

What his stat line tells me is that he had one hell of a game. 34-7-14 on 11-17 and 8-8 from the line.

The Pacers became over reliant on him because he had one hell of a game. That wasn’t why they lost, it was more accurately why they almost came back.

They lost because they gave up 74 points in the first half.

Did either of you two gentlemen actually watch the game? And I'm often the one that's accused of only looking at stats...

Throughout the entire 4th quarter of Game 3 I was calling for T.J. Warren to touch the ball. He was able to get one three up during that time frame, but it was Brogdon's dribbling extravaganza for basically that entire quarter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did either of you two gentlemen actually watch the game? And I'm often the one that's accused of only looking at stats...

Throughout the entire 4th quarter of Game 3 I was calling for T.J. Warren to touch the ball. He was able to get one three up during that time frame, but it was Brogdon's dribbling extravaganza for basically that entire quarter.

Yes. I watched it.

Again, he had the ball because he was having a great game and he had a matchup he could exploit.

Was it the correct coaching decision?

I don’t know. Maybe, maybe not.

What I do know is that the Pacers offense is not why they lost. And obviously Brogdon was the catalyst there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't mention any particular game...I said they don't have a star which is 100% true. They aren't winning anything without a star...yes, I know a star doesn't just fall onto their plate but the fact is they are a middling playoff team and nothing more.