• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think it is going to be a lot closer than you all believe.

Unless 1 decides to go cheap to a winner.
I think so, too. all depends on what happens to cap, as well. Normal times I could see getting something like 3-4 years, $13-17 mil per. Teams saving money for 2021 might hurt both of them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be fairly close, also.
I think both will go to highest bidder.
TT at least has a title so does not need to take less to chase a ring. But I agree with you. I doubt either shortchanges himself. Maybe TT would, I guess, to be near kid (who I think is in LA). He's also one I think would like to play with Lebron.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bam yes. Duncan and Herro over Sexton? Not so sure about that at this point. sexton was pretty good as a 19-year-old rookie and was having a solid sophomore season. also has a tremendous work ethich which cannot really be taught. Robinson is 26 so a bit of a difference. Does look like they could regret the Garland pick.....also a little too early to say whether Porter wont be better than Duncan/Herro.

Herro for sure. Robinson maybe, maybe not because of his age. I'm also taking Duncan/Herro over Porter as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herro for sure. Robinson maybe, maybe not because of his age. I'm also taking Duncan/Herro over Porter as well.
Certainly couldn't fault thinking that, but many here are saying Porter will be the best of their young players. Not saying much to say he'll be better than Garland at this point, but is when it comes to Sexton.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly couldn't fault thinking that, but many here are saying Porter will be the best of their young players. Not saying much to say he'll be better than Garland at this point, but is when it comes to Sexton.

Porter could end up being the best of them. It's up to him and his attitude. At USC, it seemed like he was constantly in the doghouse.

In the games I saw him play, his talent was obvious, but I felt like he never really put his full effort into any game. Even when he was playing well, it never felt like he was fully invested in the game.

Could be that he's just one of those athletes that "makes it look easy" or it may be part of why it seemed like he was always in the doghouse.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter could end up being the best of them. It's up to him and his attitude. At USC, it seemed like he was constantly in the doghouse.

In the games I saw him play, his talent was obvious, but I felt like he never really put his full effort into any game. Even when he was playing well, it never felt like he was fully invested in the game.

Could be that he's just one of those athletes that "makes it look easy" or it may be part of why it seemed like he was always in the doghouse.
He had a stretch with some nice games. Has been praised by some for his defense and all around potential. But you could also be right since as of now it's mostly just potential.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting. Cannot say I've studied or looked into their D and how that might play out.

I don’t think it would be great.

Dragic might actually be the best defender of the 3.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That one is tough.

Duncan is a really good role player. If I had to take one of those guys to win a game today, it would be him. But he also has the lowest ceiling of the 4. He probably doesn’t have a ton of room to improve due to athletic limitations.

Long term upside?

I rank them:

Herro
Porter
Sexton
Duncan

And I think 1-3 are all pretty close.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one is tough.

Duncan is a really good role player. If I had to take one of those guys to win a game today, it would be him. But he also has the lowest ceiling of the 4. He probably doesn’t have a ton of room to improve due to athletic limitations.

Long term upside?

I rank them:

Herro
Porter
Sexton
Duncan

And I think 1-3 are all pretty close.
Close enough not to really disagree with your list. I still would put sexton at 1 or 2 based on what he's done for 2 seasons (well, 1+). Height and D a concern, of course, but cannot teach that work ethic and he also is not playing with other studs in their prime. Will he ever? Another story.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you did...and settle down. I thought what you said was fine.

@tlance

For what it's worth. The Heat has been having virtual Q&A's with the players on occasion since they have been in the bubble.
They had one with U.D. today and I submitted the question 'No offense to Mike Miller or James Jones, but is Duncan the best shooter you have seen since you have been on the Heat'?

U.D. cut the question the question off after hearing the first part and said 'Duncan is the best shooter he has EVER seen. Period. He also said he was his favorite player. Not because of his shooting ability, but because of his story and how hard he works each and every day.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing great team ball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1