• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 4) Suns vs 5) Clippers

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm not sure anyone will be all that interested now. The Clippers have addressed their injury issues about as well as they possibly can. They've surrounded them with tough, scrappy players who can win enough to get them to the playoffs (and seem to get some perverse joy out of beating the Lakers) without them so that they can be available for the playoffs...only they're not available for the playoffs.

Agree that another season of this will make the return that they can get worse. I'm just not sure they can get all that much now.

Kyrie is pretty toxic and was on an expiring deal and he still fetched a good return. I'm sure the Clips could get back good value if they were to blow it up, especially for PG who has less injury concerns than Kawhi. PG could easily be the missing piece that pushes a team over the top for a title. I could see them getting a haul of picks, loosely protected, for him along with some upside players.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is pretty toxic and was on an expiring deal and he still fetched a good return. I'm sure the Clips could get back good value if they were to blow it up, especially for PG who has less injury concerns than Kawhi. PG could easily be the missing piece that pushes a team over the top for a title. I could see them getting a haul of picks, loosely protected, for him along with some upside players.

True on all of that. I still wonder what they can really get, but I questioned the same about Kyrie, then the Mavs got desperate. So, I could see where something similar can happen with PG and Kawhi.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the poster boy for the land of broken toys.

You can’t count on him.

Allegedly, all the load management during the season is so he’s fresh come the playoffs.

Welp.

I keep saying it and some don’t believe it.

He or George is getting dealt.

Preferably, both.
Stephen A yesterday called the most undesirable superstar because he is so unreliable.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant appears to be in permanent pass first mode in this series. For them to be serious contenders that will have to change.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant appears to be in permanent pass first mode in this series. For them to be serious contenders that will have to change.
They’re still figuring it out. I think this is like their 12th or 13th total basketball game playing together. I agree with you though that in the end, he needs to take more shots.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really can’t argue it right? He doesn’t look very reliable sitting on the bench.
After winning game 1, Lue said this about all the regular season load management …..

“That’s what we’ve been saving up for, this moment here in the playoffs. We have to play heavy minutes, especially with PG [Paul George] being out, being short-handed. He was great tonight.”

Missing hundreds of games for a single standout playoff performance.

No, you can’t argue.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tipping my cap at Westbrook, Norm and Gordon.

Vets out there still trying to fight, even knowing they can’t win the series.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a crazy ass thing to say, especially because it’s true.

In this particular series, Id rather have Westbrook that CP3.