• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st 5 Games

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Miami - will BB have a plan to make life difficult for TUA? Xavier Howard won't play and the secondary is not playing well.
2) Jets are the Jets and their rookie QB struggling
3) Saints - Brees is gone. Kicker out. Michael Thomas drama. QB's inconsistent and fans talking about getting Aaron Rodgers.
4) TB - game of the century could be a 6-3 game! -----------The Bucs are beatable. Pats will not be able to run as easily as they have in preseason but, the Bucs secondary is vulnerable and make huge mistakes. Dean is an idiot. Two huge penalties on the same play. Def. PI and a Per. Foul facemask. 42 yard penalty. One other huge problem. If Brady has to move out of the pocket, the ball is going out of bounds because he missed three passes trying to throw and run. Pats defense must crush the Bucs pocket and force Brady out of his comfy zone. BB cannot play a four man rush, he has to send 5 or 6. There ain't nothing the Bucs can do to fix those problems other than work to eliminate them.
5) Houston - is a shambles

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady has to move out of the pocket, the ball is going out of bounds because he missed three passes trying to throw and run.
Brady has never thrown on the run. Thrown on the stroll? Sure. Stroll as he puts one foot in front of the other? I'll give him that... However, Brady can throw while moving. With Brady, it all about preparation and it was clear he wasn't prepared to do that... but if he continues to be forced to roll out you can bet he'll be prepared for it in the near future.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has never thrown on the run. Thrown on the stroll? Sure. Stroll as he puts one foot in front of the other? I'll give him that... However, Brady can throw while moving. With Brady, it all about preparation and it was clear he wasn't prepared to do that... but if he continues to be forced to roll out you can bet he'll be prepared for it in the near future.
TB12 is way to seasoned if he has to roll out you can bet your ass he will somehow get his feet planted before he throws and if he can't he'll throw it away. He has way to many way's to be you any team that plays him knows that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Miami - will BB have a plan to make life difficult for TUA? Xavier Howard won't play and the secondary is not playing well.
2) Jets are the Jets and their rookie QB struggling
3) Saints - Brees is gone. Kicker out. Michael Thomas drama. QB's inconsistent and fans talking about getting Aaron Rodgers.
4) TB - game of the century could be a 6-3 game! -----------The Bucs are beatable. Pats will not be able to run as easily as they have in preseason but, the Bucs secondary is vulnerable and make huge mistakes. Dean is an idiot. Two huge penalties on the same play. Def. PI and a Per. Foul facemask. 42 yard penalty. One other huge problem. If Brady has to move out of the pocket, the ball is going out of bounds because he missed three passes trying to throw and run. Pats defense must crush the Bucs pocket and force Brady out of his comfy zone. BB cannot play a four man rush, he has to send 5 or 6. There ain't nothing the Bucs can do to fix those problems other than work to eliminate them.
5) Houston - is a shambles
Agree send the farm early and often against Brady. The only thing IMO the Cowboys did wrong was not to pressure Brady more.

To add to the Bucs woes Murphy-Bunting at best case only dislocated his elbow. Is Jones ready to exploit a weak secondary?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a very good front 7 now. We don't have to Blitz to pressure Brady.

Manhandle the receivers and backs in the short areas, cover the WR's downfield

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Jones ready to exploit a weak secondary?

God I fucking hope so. Unfortunately, he does not have the massive mismatch advantage that he had at Alabama but hopefully by game four he's seen enough of NFL defenses to be able to pick apart a weak secondary.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I fucking hope so. Unfortunately, he does not have the massive mismatch advantage that he had at Alabama but hopefully by game four he's seen enough of NFL defenses to be able to pick apart a weak secondary.
Weeks 1-3 will tell us a lot IMO.
Week 1 is going to be ground and pound. Mia's weakness is the front 7 along with Mac's 1st game.
Week 2 is a joke. They will allow Mac more freedom against the Jets D.
Week 3, I see a more balanced approach.

Depending on the outcome...I see a lot of short to mud passes against the Bucs.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 is a joke. They will allow Mac more freedom against the Jets D.

Isn't the Jets new coach supposed to be a really good defensive minded guy? Personally, I'm not taking the Jets lightly until they once again prove they suck.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the Jets new coach supposed to be a really good defensive minded guy? Personally, I'm not taking the Jets lightly until they once again prove they suck.
I just don't see the Jets competing yet.

Granted we're only one game into the season and most pundints have the Jets D around 28.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) If Brady has to move out of the pocket, the ball is going out of bounds because he missed three passes trying to throw and run. Pats defense must crush the Bucs pocket and force Brady out of his comfy zone. BB cannot play a four man rush, he has to send 5 or 6. There ain't nothing the Bucs can do to fix those problems other than work to eliminate them.
Always a danger...

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always a danger...

A couple things I take from that.

1) Isn't Buc's management at least a little embarrassed they had to go and steal two star players from another team to make themselves relevant?
2) Gronk is due for a season ending injury, isn't he? If Brady is going to continue to make him the primary focus of the offense then it's only a matter of time.
3) If Gronk doesn't get hurt then yikes, the Bucs offense looks pretty damned good.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple things I take from that.

1) Isn't Buc's management at least a little embarrassed they had to go and steal two star players from another team to make themselves relevant?
2) Gronk is due for a season ending injury, isn't he? If Brady is going to continue to make him the primary focus of the offense then it's only a matter of time.
3) If Gronk doesn't get hurt then yikes, the Bucs offense looks pretty damned good.
I don't think the Bucs went in search of players to steal what would make you think that?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Bucs went in search of players to steal what would make you think that?

I'm just being a dick but let's face it, last night was the Brady to Gronk show and that TD play where Gronk as supposed to block was the result of a lot of chemistry they built in NE.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just being a dick but let's face it, last night was the Brady to Gronk show and that TD play where Gronk as supposed to block was the result of a lot of chemistry they built in NE.
Well of course won't argues that again I think TB ended up in the best possible place. In fact when it all started I had mentioned Tampa, they had great weapons and blind ass Winston at the helm

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need to teach you how to recognize pure hyperbole...
Or perhaps others clarity in writing? Why pose shit so people have to guess at what the fuck you mean? Makes no sense

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or perhaps others clarity in writing? Why pose shit so people have to guess at what the fuck you mean? Makes no sense
That's what hyperbole is... so exaggerating a point that the intent is obvious. Yes, there's always a degree of subjectivity and my comment was tongue in cheek to you.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what hyperbole is... so exaggerating a point that the intent is obvious. Yes, there's always a degree of subjectivity and my comment was tongue in cheek to you.
Well I guess it's my comprehension them! I am a very literal person, wife hates that but that's her issue. I'll put more effort into learning the writing mannerisms of posters.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess it's my comprehension them! I am a very literal person, wife hates that but that's her issue. I'll put more effort into learning the writing mannerisms of posters.
Written word are never interpreted the way most authors intend. Few people have ever taken true literary courses and have no idea what an author's true underlying meaning was concerning what he wrote. In the modern forums, like Hoop, most of us just respond to someone else's replies in the same manner that we have interpreted as the subject matter has progressed.

Sadly, most of us rarely stick to the main subject of a thread. Once the original subject gets left behind, feelings and emotions come out in our responses.

The original subject is clean air, that becomes pollution, that becomes the environment, that becomes global warming, that becomes you don't know shit, that becomes I did fuck your mother and she can't suck a dick worth a damn.

Sound about right??

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell my wife all the time, :i hear what you say, not what you think"

It has served me well in life to not try reading women's minds!