• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st 5 Games

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then will Gisselle get her wish of TB throwing and catching the ball? But then again we all recall the last time TB tried to catch a pass... Fucker may have cost us another ring.

28 of 48 for 505 yards, 3 TD's, and zero int's.

I'm going with Matty P as the reason for the loss. Others will say it was the Butler benching but if the Pats had made ONE stop we would've won.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going with Matty P as the reason for the loss. Others will say it was the Butler benching but if the Pats had made ONE stop we would've won.
I blame the Malcolm Jenkins Hit on Brandin Cooks.
Took our deep speed receiver right out of the game.

That, and we let Blount go.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a joke

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Brady has so that's somewhat of a mute point, no?
Brady hasn't played in bad weather since 2018. 2019 was a mild winter. 2 storms and both were in late Jan. and early Feb.
The rest of the Bucs haven't played in any bad weather and if the temp was below 35or in the mid 40s, windy and raining, that would pretty much negate any advantage that their WR might have. I always laugh at the guys who say that weather doesn't bother them and then can only catch 3 passes out of 12 targets.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady hasn't played in bad weather since 2018. 2019 was a mild winter. 2 storms and both were in late Jan. and early Feb.
The rest of the Bucs haven't played in any bad weather and if the temp was below 35or in the mid 40s, windy and raining, that would pretty much negate any advantage that their WR might have. I always laugh at the guys who say that weather doesn't bother them and then can only catch 3 passes out of 12 targets.
I don't agree with the assessment that rain or mild cold has that much of an effect on a team. I think extreme cold like 30 below can and extreme snow but then again it effects both teams and the game plan changes. The only benefit it may offer the Pats is our ability to run the ball. Not all guys are from warm weather ares so it's not as if there are not players use to it. I feel any weather week four into the season will not be a real factor for either team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with the assessment that rain or mild cold has that much of an effect on a team. I think extreme cold like 30 below can and extreme snow but then again it effects both teams and the game plan changes. The only benefit it may offer the Pats is our ability to run the ball. Not all guys are from warm weather ares so it's not as if there are not players use to it. I feel any weather week four into the season will not be a real factor for either team.
I don't think week 4 weather will be that bad. Could be rainy?

In the playoff game against the Titans years ago, I was at foxboro. Was zero at kickoff, -4 at the half. I sat on the train with a staff member after the game. I asked how effective those players woyld be whocannottake the cold. He told me some players just can't do it. They don't get in the game unless case of emergency. Game was 17-14. Titans couldn't catch Brady on a run.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think week 4 weather will be that bad. Could be rainy?
The weather this year has been one screw story after another. Even the NWS hasn't been close. We've already had record amounts of rain and very little summer heat. Today was supposed to be mid nineties and now they say it'll be at or near 90. Tomorrow will be 95-97 and the low will be 88 tomorrow night after 9.

If this same pattern continues, we'll have a freeze by Oct.1 and snow for Halloween.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weather this year has been one screw story after another. Even the NWS hasn't been close. We've already had record amounts of rain and very little summer heat. Today was supposed to be mid nineties and now they say it'll be at or near 90. Tomorrow will be 95-97 and the low will be 88 tomorrow night after 9.

If this same pattern continues, we'll have a freeze by Oct.1 and snow for Halloween.
I am surprised by the number of trees with leaves turning yellow or brown already here in TN.
I started noticing it last week and began wondering what kind of fall we might have.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised by the number of trees with leaves turning yellow or brown already here in TN.
I started noticing it last week and began wondering what kind of fall we might have.
Leaves turn yellow for many reasons. Not just fall. What species are we talking about?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in the Nor
I think Yellow ones are normally Beech? But it seems three or four week early for foliage change.
Here in the Northeast,the leaves are starting to tint a lighter green. The maples have had abnormal amounts of rain and some of the sap trees are starting to seep. Usually sap is trapped but maples will suck up as much water as they can hold and rarely create as much pressure as they have recently. It would be totally bizarre to tap them in temps above 32 degrees. Not sure if the sap would be holding much sugar. I'm not an arborist so I can't say what the hell is going on.

The other thing to watch are the birds. I have four feeders outside my home office windows and I've never put out as much food as I have in the past month. Even the sparrows are getting fat. My gut tells me that we're in for a brutal winter. I'll probably take a walk along one of the long trails and see if I can find any black and white wasp nests.. An old Penobscot Indian taught me where to look for them. He said that mother nature does not kill her own. The black and white wasps will tell all of the other animals how deep the snow will be at its maximum point in the winter. The snow never covers the entry point at the bottom of the nest. These wasps build a new nest every year and stay inside through the winter and protect their queen. If you find one, the bottom of the nest will not be covered by the deepest snow.

The winter he showed me a nest, I was about 54" tall and the nest was about a foot above me. I was ten and I remember that the Boston Patriots were a new team and we got pounded by snow that entire winter. 1960 into 1961.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tall ones.
With leaves.

That usually are not yellow right now but are this year.
Trees common to your area that are prone to yellowing early?
Most common, yellow poplar

Q: This tree thinks it’s fall every year in June. Is it dying? It seems healthy otherwise.

A: Tulip poplar is famous for dropping leaves whenever it feels stress. Both drought and excess water cause the tree to be uncomfortable – which it demonstrates by dropping yellow leaves.

1628701098365.png

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Q: This tree thinks it’s fall every year in June. Is it dying? It seems healthy otherwise.

A: Tulip poplar is famous for dropping leaves whenever it feels stress. Both drought and excess water cause the tree to be uncomfortable – which it demonstrates by dropping yellow leaves.

View attachment 277205
More like this. But rounder.

1628702945899.png

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 277205
1628703019145.png

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 277205
That came to mind for me too. I must have 100 of those on my 6+ acre "yard". They drop yellow leaves at any time of the year other than winter (duh on that). Despite the name, it's actually in the magnolia family and not poplar.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That came to mind for me too. I must have 100 of those on my 6+ acre "yard". They drop yellow leaves at any time of the year other than winter (duh on that). Despite the name, it's actually in the magnolia family and not poplar.
Very good. I'm impressed. I did not expect anybody to know that on here!