• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1990 MLB Draft Chat

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thining about that yesterday, it's Waaaaaaaaayyy more! Been pretty cool IMO...

It's cool but a pain keeping track of it all. Thanks Nos keeping it organized :suds:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to apolgize to Ritz for thinking he was trading away players to help others.

I will always try to protect the integrity of our drafts, so for that part of it i'm not sorry.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think thats a pretty fair analogy and exactly what I was thinking, with the exception of Bo being a scrub, which, at his peak as an all star game MVP, is pretty absurd. I remember that weekend. The other players were in awe watching Bo launch 500' homers and make plays even the top players couldn't make.
Totally agree that it helps both teams. I already have Barry Bonds, Joe Carter and Juan Gonzalez in the OF, so I didn't mind losing a top CF in McGee to add an all time great in Yount

My issue with Bo isn't physical athleticism, but production. In a draft like this, Bo's production puts him squarely on the bench. Hell, his career high in WAR is considerably lower than even my second baseman's (Harold Reynolds).

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is by far the most trades we ever had in a draft.

This was really a great era for baseball, roids or not. They were all using, but 90% of the guys in The NFL and close to that many in college juice, but America loves football like nothing else. And who can blame them? For a High School SR who is a D3 talent,ie no scholly money, he gains 40LBs, gets faster, and gets a D1 ride. There's a couple hundred grand worth of education plus a D1 degree which will earn him an extra half million to millions on earnings in his lifetime. Then there's the college player who couldn't play in the NFL, does what he has to do, plays 3-4 years in the league, and he's set for life. And of course, there's the gifted guy who could play in the league naturally for a year or two, but then becomes a guy who makes over $100 million plus. When the NFL actually wants guys to stop, they can stop them. You'd have to be lazy or stupid to get caught with current policies. Lance Armstrong was tested a hundred times lol. All the baseball players rumored to use, NEVER actually failed a test. It's what it is

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done talking about it, you guys are talking about things that dont matter, the point was Yount > Trammell and he wanted Bo as his #1 pick.

The fact Bo is overrated has ZERO to do with it.

Okay I'll be serious for a second... If you look throughout this thread, you'll see 2 guys that don't engage in actual in depth discussion about picks... With that in mind, it's pretty obvious Ritz and I are trying to find wow players to keep up with you guys (for the record Ritz does know more than me, but the rest of you guys are like sports almanacs)... That's why I made so many trades, even though some players were later rounders for early... He thought Bo was worthy of a 1st round pick should tell you he thought he'd get the wow factor, and when it didn't come, he's now stuck with a guy that I know for a fact 1 guy called him out for as soon as the pick came in... Looks like he was trying to rectify the mistake and had to pay with Yount to do so... It's why I traded Hernandez...:2cents:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to apolgize to Ritz for thinking he was trading away players to help others.

I will always try to protect the integrity of our drafts, so for that part of it i'm not sorry.

I accept your apology and respect that your looking out for the best interests of the drafts.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:suds:All your points were valid, but there was no monkey business

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry... I was typing all that before I knew we've moved on... So Stokes how bout that trade...?:nod:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:All your points were valid, but there was no monkey business

I forwarded Nos our trade conversation from yesterday so he can see how I tried getting a awesome deal then in the end accepted your trade proposal which at the time I thought was a fair trade. Moving on. We got like 6 more picks to fill out our rosters. Some nice teams developing.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry... I was typing all that before I knew we've moved on... So Stokes how bout that trade...?:nod:

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I jus hit cancel on the message announcement, figuring to check it later and then forgot. I get so many OTC messages I don't always read my messages :whistle:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Riley as new Nebraska HC

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be able to pick in about half an hour. If anybody wants to jump ahead of me feel free

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for taking so long to respond, I jus hit cancel on the message announcement, figuring to check it later and then forgot. I get so many OTC messages I don't always read my messages :whistle:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like this draft is falling to the wayside with collusion by one of the presidents.

Can't say I'm surprised. Ritz has tried multiple times to pawn Willie Randolph on me when I got Molitor.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like this draft is falling to the wayside with collusion by one of the presidents.

Can't say I'm surprised. Ritz has tried multiple times to pawn Willie Randolph on me when I got Molitor.

lolzzzz .... Quit it... :brick:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some very nice picks today. Half of my list went away in half a round.

Surhoff and Jeffries were two guys I wanted to wait on. Waited too long.

Shane's team is a lot better than he thinks. (Or atleast than he gives himself credit for.)Having the best leadoff hitter ever doesn't hurt.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to pick for you smitty, thank you sir...